Top 10 Tuesday (1) Natural disaster.




Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by the girls at The broke and the bookish. There’s a different question each week and this week we’re talking:

Top 10 Books I’d Save In A Natural (Or Otherwise) Disaster!

That's a really difficult question, since I love every book I own (around 501 books). But if I must choose:

1. Markus Zusak - The book thief. No need to explain, just look up Favorite Friday 1 and you see why.
2. Markus Heitz - The dark times & the new times. I know this is not one book, but a series that has 9 books. I just can't pick one book and leave the others, so I'll take them with my as one.
3. Juliet Marillier - The seven waters. Same as Heitz. I adore this series.
4. Juliet Marillier - Heart's blood. Fantastic book.
5. J.K Rowling - Harry Potter. How could I leave those behind? This was my first fantasy ever and it got me hooked, so it has a special value to me. And hellooo, it's Harry Potter! (I've got them in Dutch and English; I want them both with me!)
6. Carrie Ryan - The forest of hands & teeth. My first zombie book ever and it showed me that I quite like this genre.
7. Christoph Marzi - Lycidas & Lilith. Two separate books, but I adore them.
8. Philippa Gregory - The three books about The Tudors. She has a gift for writing. I'm obsessed with history after reading these books.
9. Shakespeare - The oxford bundle with all his works in it. He's a genius, especially his poems.
10. Markus Heitz - the three books about Sia (Judas serie). I'm going to read the third one soon, but I loved the first two.

Hmm, as you can see, my bag must be big enough to take a lot of books with me. I just can't leave any of those in the list and I had to think very hard about it. I think I'll go mad if something like this would happen!

And I would take my e-reader with me, of course! But that's a tiny thing, so that won't be a problem.

Let me know; what's your list?

4 comments

  1. Harry Potter is on every list but mine! (But I suppose that means if there's huge natural disaster, there will be many copies for me to borrow.) I love that you added some Shakespeare to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're right! Every list I've seen so far has Harry Potter on it, so books enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read The Book Thief. It's been on my shelf for a while now. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book thief is fantastic. You should read it very soon :)!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.