Tuesday, February 28, 2012 13:46

Top 10 Tuesday (2) Theme song.



Top Ten Tuesday
is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and
the Bookish. Just click on the link to go to their top ten tuesday.

Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To:
(and please tell us the song and why you'd pick it for the book!)

Oh my. I love music, but I never thought about picking a specific song for a certain book. I don't think I can think of 10 songs and books right now, but we'll see how far I get and I can edit it if I come up with something later :)
1. J.K Rowling - Harry Potter. I always get sentimentel when I think about Harry Potter. That's why I picked this song: Backstreet Boys - climbing the wall. I know that it's a very old song, but the lyrics are very good. "Close your eyes, make a wish, that this could last forever." That's what I always think after reading every book again. That it could go on and on and on.

2. Heather Dixon - Entwined. Yiruma - Time forgets. When they were dancing on the music, I sometimes imagened that they were listening to stuff like this. It's so beautiful and peacefull and I think that you can make a nice dance on this song :).

3. Alexandra Monir - Timeless. Adele - Hiding my heart. "So this is how my story went, I met someone by accident Who blew me away, who blew me away." And in the end, that's what Michele does; she's hiding her heart, because, who will believe her? 'I'm in love with someone from years ago and I sometimes visit him by touching my aunts diary'?

4. Anna Sheehan - A long, long sleep. Coldplay - Fix you. "And the tears come streaming down your face. When you lose something you can't replace. When you love someone, but it goes to waste. Could it be worse?" That just describes what this book is all about. I'm going to put my review on this book soon, because I LOVED this one. It's so beautiful and well written and it broke my heart.

5. Kiersten White - Paranormalcy. Coldplay - Every teardrop is a waterfall. There's not a lyric that fits this book, but there's something about the upbeat tempo that reminds me of Evie. This song makes me wanna dance and Evie has this energetic and positive vibe that really combines with this song. (And I just love Coldplay :p)

6. Markus Zusak - The book thief. Adele - Someone like you. "Never mind, I’ll find someone like you" "You’d know how the time flies, only yesterday was the time of our lives." If you've read the story, you know what I'm talking about. Heartbreaking part of the book and I think that some of the lyrics fits to the feeling of the book.

We now know two things. I like Adele and Coldplay (and many others). I am a sucker for sad songs, because they have so many emotions in them. I'm not very good at combining songs to books, but I did my best.

What's your list? Let me know!


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

4 comments:

  1. Good choice for Entwined, I had a hard time coming up with a song for that one! Here is my Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that book was pretty hard! I'm going to take a look at your Top Ten right away.

      Delete
  2. Coldplay are amazing, I love Fix You and Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. I haven't read the books you linked them to, but they both sound great. Adele is brilliant, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read those two books I linked to Coldplay, they are very good! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0