Wednesday, February 29, 2012 14:00

WoW 4. Eve Marie Mont - A breath of Eyre.


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

A Breath of Eyre (Unbound, #1)Eve Marie Mont - A breath of Eyre.
Pages: 342.
Expected publication: March 27th 2012.
Publisher: Kensington Publishing Corporation.
ISBN: 075826948X (ISBN13: 9780758269485)
Sort:
Part 1 of the 'Unbound' serie.
Emma Townsend has always believed in stories—the ones she reads voraciously, and the ones she creates in her head. Perhaps it’s because she feels like an outsider at her exclusive prep school, or because her stepmother doesn’t come close to filling the void left by her mother’s death. And her only romantic prospect—apart from a crush on her English teacher—is Gray Newman, a long-time friend who just adds to Emma’s confusion. But escape soon arrives in an old leather-bound copy of Jane Eyre… Reading of Jane’s isolation sparks a deep sense of kinship. Then fate takes things a leap further when a lightning storm catapults Emma right into Jane’s body and her nineteenth-century world. As governess at Thornfield, Emma has a sense of belonging she’s never known—and an attraction to the brooding Mr. Rochester. Now, moving between her two realities and uncovering secrets in both, Emma must decide whether her destiny lies in the pages of Jane’s story, or in the unwritten chapters of her own…
Jane Eyre is one of my favorite classic stories. It sounds like a nice story and it reminds me of show I've watched about a girl who steps into the world of her favorite book (Pride and prejudice.) It's called "Lost in Austen" and it was a pretty good show!

There will be two more books about Emma.
Unbound 2: The second book in the Unbound trilogy, which continues the literary adventures of Emma Townsend as she travels into Nathaniel Hawthorne's - The scarlet letter.
Unbound 3: The conclusion to the Unbound trilogy, in which Emma Townsend travels to Paris and gets lost in Gaston Leroux's - the phantom of the opera.
Sounds like a promising series! What's your selection this week?

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

11 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed JANE EYRE and therefore I'm looking forward to read this and find out what it's like. It definitely sounds promising. Great pick! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Lost in Austen - I am so there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge Jane Eyre geek so I am super excited for this book. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like one of the only ones who wasn't a fan of Jane Eyre so not sure this one will be for me! I guess i'll see what the reviews say! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! This sounds really good and I already have it on my list. I really liked Jane Eyre though so I am interested to see how this story plays out.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will have to read this once it's out :) I haven't read Jane Eyre, but I've been meaning to, like ages!
    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for commenting! :)

    & Giselle, I never read Jane Eyre, but I'm in love with the movie! (The one with Timothy Dalton as Mr. Rochester). I've been meaning to read this book for a long time, but I'm going to read it in the vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds interesting. we all imagine ourselves in our favorite books, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yesyesyes!! I've been very excited for this book. I'm not a big fan of the cover, but the book sounds awesome. Fabulous choice! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kah Cherub, indeed! I'd love to step into my favorite books when I want to :p

    @Sophia, yeah. The cover is not the best cover I've even seen, but the story inside sounds beautiful enough to overcome that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0