Wednesday, March 21, 2012 13:30

Bloggiesta!


It's time! Do you plan to fiesta with us the weekend of March 30, 31 and April 1? Do you have things you'd like to do on your blog that you haven't managed to get to in forever? Do you want to do those things with lots of other bloggers from all over? Talk things over with them? Bounce ideas off them? Learn from them? Teach them too?

If so, you will not want to miss the latest installment of
Bloggiesta! Hosted at Sueys Books.
So, I came across this on another blog (Books, biscuits and tea.) It's completely new to me (obviously, I'm only blogging for two months) and I thought it sounded fun! I decided to participate in this event. Should be fun!

My aim is:
-Making new friends. Get to know other bloggers better. Exchange blog buttons.
-Make a new page where I put the links/blog buttons of blogs I follow.
-Adjust my review policy.
-Learning more codes and handy blog stuff, to make my reviews and blog look better.
-Get a book on NetGalley to review.
-Update the challenge list (books read in 2012)
-Clean up the sidebar.
-'Participate' in at least 10 old mini-challenges.
-'Participate' in at least 5 new mini-challenges.
-Clean up my list of blogs I follow.
-Make my 'review page' up to date.
-Look through old reviews and re-read them. Adjust mistakes.
-Set some new goals for my blog.
-Learn more about labels.

Old mini challenges:
-I know how to make a google form.
-I know more about organizing books. (I don't need it at the moment, but it's always nice to know more about such things.)
-I've made a goal I want to achieve on the long term: From now on, I'm going to include a link to Goodreads with every review I make.
-I know what I certainly MUST not do in order to get a popular blog.
-I made a back-up.
-I've signed up to Google Analytics so I can follow my stats much better.
-I made a FavIcon.
-I read more about tips on how to make your blog popular.
-I know more about using a 'cheat sheet'.
-I know more about labels and I decided to leave them. I don't want an endless list with labels on my blog. I link how the sidebar is right now. Perhaps I'll use it in the future, but for now, I don't want them.

New mini challenges:
-I've signed up for Mr Linky. I don't need it now, but you never know :)
-I now know more about HTML codes. The basics at least.
-I made two more pages, because they can be important for your blog. I was planning on making a page with all the blogs I follow, but now I also listed up all the blogs I made (except for the reviews. They already have a page.)
-I’ve found this very, very, very nice challenge about Windows Live Writer. I’m hooked and I’m never going to use something else than this. So much easier than uploading my blogs by blogspot. There are always mistakes and that makes it so frustrating to post. This <3 go and try it! It’s a program on your computer (or you can download it for free on internet).
-I signed up for my first Challenge (the 100 book challenge. You can see my new post :))

So I started to clean the list of all the blogs I follow. I'm halfway, but I don't think I can make it all the way. I will take it of the list, since I did most of the work! I also started a page to list up the blogs, but I must complete the first task before I can make that one. I will say that I completed half of it.

If you participate, let me know!


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

12 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have heard anything about this! I will have to check it out. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It sounds like a very fun event :)

      Delete
  2. I feel like I'm always adjusting my review policy! I like your goals, good luck with accomplishing everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're really ticking things off the list! Congrats!!

    Hope you have a lot of fun. I am, so far, although for awhile, Blogger wouldn't let me comment. Now it is...hope I haven't jinxed it now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, pfiew, I thought it was my computer! I couldn't comment on a lot of blogs too. And yeah, I'm doing fine with my list :D Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  4. Dang! You'll be the challenge queen! Way to go! I'm really loving the mini challenges. I'm learning a lot and it is awesome these bloggers impart with us their knowledge. It's really going to help! Good luck on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those mini challenges gave me a lot of information!

      Delete
  5. Wow! You are rockin' the challenges! Look at you marking your to-dos off and it's not even the end of day one. Wow! Keep up the great work, good luck and thanks for joining in Bloggiesta!

    Stumped or need more to-do for Bloggiesta? Check out the New Mini-Challenges and the Past Mini-Challenges to find more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly going to do a lot of 'work' today (I don't think I see it as work, since I'm really enjoying myself :D)

      Today will be the most work: cleaning all the blogs I follow.

      Delete
  6. I have brought you over to the light-side which is WLW! YAY! This excites me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you crossed a lot off your list. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0