Sunday, March 18, 2012 12:31

Review 12. Michelle Zink - Circle of fire.

Circle of Fire (Prophecy of the Sisters, #3)Michelle Zink - Circle of fire.
Pages: 362.
Published: August 1st 2011.
Publisher: Little Brown.
Serie: third and last part in 'Prophecy of the sisters.'
Part one: Prophecy of the sisters.
Part two: Guardian of the gate. 
With time dwindling but her will to end the Prophecy stronger than ever, Lia sets out on a journey to find the remaining keys, locate the missing pages of the Prophecy, and convince her sister Alice to help--or risk her life trying. Lia has her beloved Dimitri by her side, but Alice has James, the man who once loved her sister--and maybe still does. James doesn't know the truth about either sister, or the prophecy that divides them. And Alice intends to keep it that way. There are some secrets sisters aren't meant to share. Because when they do, it destroys them. This stunning conclusion to Michelle Zink's Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy will make saying good-bye bittersweet for readers.
If you haven't read the other books, I must warn you. There are some slight spoilers.

 Rating: 

"What, then?" I whisper. "What will I be?"
He speaks against my skin. "That is a simple question. You will be my love. My heart."
Damn, what a book! An awesome end to a wonderful trilogy. I really became friends with Lia, Dimitri and the keys. I must admit, Lia was very annoying sometimes. She kept bitching about the fact that Sonia betrayed her, but it was not that Sonia had a choice. I really wanted to smack Lia and tell her to shut up about it. She messed up the whole friendship with everybody. Brigid was lovely! And I fell in love with Gareth, haha. He sounds adorable. I sometimes felt bad for Alice.. I know, she's a villain, but one with a story. She's not just bad. I liked how Michelle made her a complex character.

About the story. This time, the game is on. Lia has decided that she can't longer wait to shut the gate for Samuel and his Souls. The call of the Souls becomes more tempted for her and she doesn't want them to enter the world. There's only one way to do it; end the Prophecy on the right time, with all the keys and the stone on the right place. They already know everything about the Rite, so they travel to Avebury. She even tried to persuade her sister Alice - because they need her power - but that failed. Lia wants to try it anyway, even if that means she will die attempting to resist Samuel. That took a lot of courageous and I respected her for that. Just when her relationship with Dimitri is developing in something more that a fling, she might lose it because of her stubborn sister.

The ending of the story is just.. amazing. I hoped for it, but I never expected it. Now I feel sad that I must part with these new made friends and I hope that this is just another 'happily ever after.'
I can say that I will keep an eye on this author. I can't wait for her next book 'A temptation of Angels'.

And you can find a great review about this book here at Vivian's place.

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful review, Mel ;__; -teary eyed- I totally agree with you, though Lia probably annoyed you more than she did to me, haha! I felt like after all the troubles she went through, it would be difficult for her to learn to trust again... Agree with amazing end, I STILL can't believe Michelle pulled it off like that! She convinced me so much that it wouldn't be like that but actually makes it the end, OMG. -flops dead-

    Linking you up, great review! <3
    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understood her troubles with learning to trust her again, but she kept repeating it over and over again. There was a point, I just felt like jellying to her :p I really connected to the story.

    Your link is in the review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked this one Mel :) !! I can't wait to read this series and I'm also dying to read A Temptation of Angels !! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had A Temptation of Angels on my shelf for a while, it's the first book of Michelle Zink that I have..I'll def check this one out too..btw thanks for the follow! Following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe that I still haven't read this book yet? x) I adored the first two and just bought Michelle's new book, A Temptation of Angels, but I haven't had the time to get my hands on this one yet! But from the way you describe it, it sounds like a fantastic -- albeit somewhat sad -- ending to a cool historical trilogy! ;)

    Awesome review, Mel! You just renewed my interest for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that quote! It makes me want to read this book even more. :) I haven;t actually even begun this series yet but I do plan to (I promise!). It sounds great! :) Awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I really enjoyed this series.

    Anyway I'm a new follower here. Thanks for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, such a lovely quote! I melt inside and out LOL! I bought the first book in the series two weeks ago but haven't got the chance to dive into it. Your amazing review make me want to start reading the series soon, Mel! Can't wait to read more awesome reviews from you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Elodie, yeah, Temptation of Angels sounds great!
    @Anjana Vasan, thanks for the follow!
    @Mimi Valentine, thank you! I'm glad that I've got you interested in this wonderful book.
    @Sam, I just had to put that quote in the review. I loved that one. Let me know if you've read them! I'm looking forward to your review.
    @Erin W. thank you for the follow.
    @Hilda, I'm glad that this review made you interested in the book. You should definitely do that :D And thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We offer different kids of bathroom sink taps here: Antique, LED and Wall mounted. Cheap Taps Sale Online Store- Offering All Kinds of Taps : http://www.cheaptap.co.uk/bathroom-sink-taps-led-bathroom-sink-taps-c-15_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bathtub faucet became common used in normal families. People also afraid safty problem when choosing and using a http://www.faucetsmarket.com/waterfall-faucets-c-34.html . We have some important tips share with everybady about how to choosing a best Faucet parts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0