Tuesday, March 20, 2012 15:00

Top 10 Tuesday (5) Next month.

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by Broke and bookish.
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!

This time, the theme is:

Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List! The books I'm planning to read next month.

1. Lauren Hammond - Asphodel. I need to say one world: mythology.
2. Robin Bridges - The gathering storm. Not really a spring book, haha, but I want to read this one for some time! A girl who can raise the dead? Sounds great to me.
3. Alex Flinn - Bewitching. I've read A kiss in time and I loved it. As it turns out, Kendra has actually had a hand in "Hansel and Gretel," "The Princess and the Pea," and "The Little Mermaid"-but these are not the fairy tales you think you know!  For me, it can't get more awesome than this.
4. Janet Lee Carey - Dragonswood. 1. Look at that cover. I can't stop staring at it. Kingdom, dragons, fairies? Helloo, how much more do you want? :D
5. A.C Gaughen - Scarlet. Robin Hood, that's all I have to say.
6. Heather Matthews - The secret of the Emerald sea. Beneath the waves of the glittering Emerald Sea, there is another world, filled with magic, strange and wondrous creatures, and many mysteries. 
7. Brodi Ashton - Everneath. The cover. The summary. Count me in.
8. Jodi Meadows - Incarnate. Again: the cover, the summary, I'm in.
9. Lauren DeStefano - Fever. I loved Wither, so I have to read this one.
10. Alexandra Bracken - Brightly woven. The cover is pretty and the summary makes me want to read it right now.

What is your list this week?

Mel.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

44 comments:

  1. I just read The Gathering Storm over the weekend and it is quite decent. The plot threads are fantastic, plus the Russian mythology.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Scarlet too! Girl Robin Hood? Sounds awesome :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarlet was quite good & the rest are on my tbr list, so great books ahead of you :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great picks!! I have read Incarnate and Everneath and really enjoyed them. I still need to read Fever, and want to read Bewitching too. Thanks for stopping by. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Brightly Woven! I hope you enjoy it as well. I'm also looking forward to reading Scarlet. I'm currently watching BBC's TV series Robin Hood, so I'm all obsessed with Robin Hood mythology at the moment! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing to hear! & haha, I'm obsessed with Robin Hood because of the animation movie from Disney :p

      Delete
  6. I heard great things about Fever, so I am hoping to get to Wither one of these days... hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wither was quite good! You should definitely go for it :)

      Delete
  7. I really want to read The Gathering Storm, too. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for it, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the book! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Incarnate a couple of weeks ago. I hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Some great choices - you're right, we seem to have a similar taste in books. I didn't even know about Dragonswood - that sounds so good! I'm also a fan of fairytales & retellings. Have you read "My Fair Godmother" by Janette Rallison yet? It was so well written, about a girl who gets sent to the Middle Ages by her fairy godmother (who's terrible at her job) to live out the Cinderella and Snow White stories after a bit of mis-communication. The sequel features the Robin Hood and Rumpelstiltskin stories. I'm following you now, also! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Dragonswood is my favorite to read, right now. The cover + summary.. I'm already in love, so it better be good.

      I have heard of Janette and her books are on my goodreads list, but I kind of forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me. They sound very good, so I'm definitely checking them out!

      And thanks for the follow. Looking forward to talk with you :) especially since you also love fairytales & retellings! Perhaps we could exchange some titles :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for stopping by!

    Definitely agreeing with Scarlet and Fever!

    I've recently read Everneath - hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'll enjoy it too! I've been hearing so many great things about it :D

      Delete
  11. Scarlet - this book was just added to my TBR list today! I was told it's phenomenal! Also, I have Everneath, but haven't read it yet! We both should make that happen asap! :) Great list! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking foward to your review about Everneath! Would be fun if we could compare our opinions about it :)

      Delete
  12. Hi there, just popping in... Oh some great books here for me to add to my TBR pile, thanks. I am definitely going to check Scarlett out, I loves me some Robin Hood!

    I’m also your newest follower!

    :) Here is my choice...

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everneath is also on my to-read list! The cover is beautiful! It's a good thing the summary is good too or I may be guilty of judging a book by it's cover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked Everneath. Incarnate was not on my list but I plan on raeding it eventually. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everbody seems to like Everneath, so I can't wait!

      Delete
  15. Everneath & Fever are 2 that I'm planning on reading one day soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wither was very good, so I think I'll read Fever first :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Haha, talk about awesome choices... I actually haven't read any of these either! I have Fever out from the library though so I should be reading it quite soon :) I'm so excited after the awesomeness that Wither was! All of these actually sound great and I'm super pumped to read Everneath - hopefully I can get to that one soon! Great choices <3

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm looking forward to read your review about Fever ^^ Would be fun to compare our opinions.

      Delete
  17. Wait, Scarlet is about Robin Hood?? I keep seeing the cover but never really looked into the synopsis!! omg, I'm gonna have to check that out! :)

    The Gathering Storm is quite good :) Hope you enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my Top 10! :)

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should definitely check it out!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  18. Great list! I want to read Incarnate and Everneath so, so bad as well!!!

    Thank you for stopping by my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, so many of these I haven't even heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome list :D Scarlet is amazing. <3 As is Fever and Incarnate :D I hope you will enjoy all of these ;D So many amazing books :)
    Thank you for commenting on my Top Ten. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I just started Scarlet, so :D

      Delete
  21. I think we have three in common that is on my list, but I have no idea when I might get around to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to push these up. I just started Scarlet, so I hope that I manage to read all 10 ^^

      Delete
  22. Talk about a never ending TBR, reading TTT lists is like feeding the addiction. Now I'm off to check out Bewitching, Thank you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean.. I always have a pen and paper reading when I'm looking at TTT lists. So bad, because I keep writing and adding books.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0