Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:25

Top 10 Tuesday (4). Historical fiction.

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.


Top 10 historical fiction novels.
I really love this genre, so it won't be hard to find 10 books. This reminds me of the fact that I really need to read more books in this genre :) There are so many books I want to read.

I've used the 'popular historical fiction books' and 'historical fiction 2011' lists on Goodreads as a reference.


1. I'm repeating myself over and over again, but that has to be Markus Zusak - The book thief.
2. Philippa Gregory - The other Boleyn girl. I'm fascinated by The Tudor period. This book was fantastic! I really like Gregory's writing style.
3. Diana Gabaldon - Outlander. Unfortunately, I never read the whole serie. I stopped at the third book, but I'm definitely going to read the others. This is a story about a girl from our time, who get's sucked into the past. And there she falls in love with someone.. Drama? Yes, because right here, she's already married.
4. Philippa Gregory - The Boleyn inheritance.
5. Philippa Gregory - The queen's fool.
6. Ruta Sepetys - Between shades of Gray. Lina is transported to a cold work camp in Siberia. Here they are forced, under Stalin's orders, to dig for beets and fight for their lives under the cruelest of conditions. It's such a beautiful story.
7. Diana Gabaldon - Dragonfly in Amber. Part 2 in The Outlander serie.
8. William Shakespeare - Romeo & Juliet. Ofcourse!
9. Alexandra Monir - Timeless.
10. Diana Gabaldon - Voyager. Part 3 in The Outlander serie.


So, tell me, what's your list? And if you don't make a list, what are some of your favorite historical fiction books?


Have a nice day!



Mel.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

7 comments:

  1. Philippa Gregory is a fabulous writer! Great list.

    Here's my
    Top Ten Books That Take Place in Paris.
    I'd love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY YAY for Outlander!!! That's my favorite series :-) And I also love The Other Boleyn Girl. Fantastic list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Book Theif is at the top of my TBR list. I'll have to look into Philippa Gregory too.
    Thank you for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, look at all the Philippa Gregorys!! *o* I've been absolutely aching to read one of her books, especially since I LOVE historical fiction as well as British royalty, haha! Very interesting bit of European history there. Awesome list!

    PS. Mel, I wanna button swap with you! Do you have the code for it?
    Vivian's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have all of those Philippa Gregory books on my shelf and more, but have yet to get round to reading them. I've also seen Diana Gabaldon on a few people's list and her books sound pretty good so will have to check it out :) I love historical fiction with Margaret George's Memoirs of Cleopatra and Helen of Troy my favourites :)

    Check out my top ten if you like :)
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.com/2012/03/top-ten-tuesday-fantasy-novels.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Deb, you're right! Gregory is super.
    @Sarah, haha, thank you!
    @Epiphany, you should definitely look at her books!
    @Vivian, I'll give you the link right away! And read her books, really!
    @Beccabooklover, I will take a look at your blog ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. In fact, now in the UK people adding a lot of innovative Taps UK factors, such as USB Bathtub Taps which can save power and water, as well as colorful Pull Out Kitchen Taps which can increase your pleasure when using and enjoying the water

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0