Top 10 Tuesday (6) To read in one day.



This is hosted by The broke and the bookish.

Top ten books to read in one day.


1. Tracy Lynn – Snow. A modern retelling of Snow white. I will be posting a review of this one :) I loved it! It’s funny.
2. Carrie Ryan – The forest of hand and teeth. My first zombie book ever and it really made an impression on me. I have a small review on this one, but I will post a larger review, because I want everybody to know this one.
3. Steve MosbyThe 50/50 killer. This was such a good thriller. Few horrible details, but I love his writing. His other three books are also very good, but I especially love this one.
4. J.K Rowling – Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix. I never read this book in one day, because it’s much too thick, but it’s my favorite one of Harry Potter :)
5. Neil Gaiman – Stardust. Thin and cute <3
6. Cameron Dokey – Beauty sleep. This author was such a great discovery for me at the end of last year! Her fairytales retellings are magnificent. They really capture the fairytale feeling. This was my first book of her and I really liked it.
7. ZoĆ« Marriott – The swan kingdom. Also a retelling. The characters in this book are very believable and I loved the twist in this one.
8. Juliet Marillier – Heart’s blood. Retelling of Beauty and the beast. One of my favorite books :) This story is wonderful! Details, characters, the magical feeling, everything fits.
9. Christoph Marzi – Lycidas. You must like his writingstyle. You hate it or you love it and I belong to the last. It’s about another magical world under London. A bit Harry Potter-ish. Unfortunately, there is no English translation (as far as I could see.)
10. Katherine Neville – The eight. A book about chess. I never expected to like it so much, but it was really good!


So, what’s your choice this time?

21 comments

  1. I have Stardust on my mental TBR list. And I like how you describe the fairytale re-tellings. Must look into them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do that :) They are really good and sweet.

      Delete
  2. Oooh ALL of these going on my list! I am really getting excited about re-tellings and haven't heard of a lot of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that! :D I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

      Delete
  3. Stardust is exquisite. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by :D 'Snow' sounds interesting, will be looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some books on here that I haven't heard of before - I'm excited to check them out :) Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGSH I laugh so loud when I read Louise Rennison, it annoys my hubby haha.

    And as I have not heard of anything on your list except for HP, I have some new books to add to my TBR list!

    Thanks for stoppin by!

    Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. My boyfriend always give me those looks that say: "what on earth are you reading?" When I'm laughing out loud, haha.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog - and yes The Statistical Probability is a must read. It is one of those books that are so good that and that as soon as you finish reading it, you want to start it again.

    It's good to see The Forest of Hands and Teeth on your list. It's currently way down on my TBR pile, but it's good to know that it is a day read and you recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I'm adding it on my to-be-read-soon list :) Sounds great!

      And The forst of Hands and Teeth is so good. The ending came too soon :p

      Delete
  8. I have a hidden weakness for fairy tale retellings, so I'm going to definitely add Snow to my (increasingly longer) to be read list. Thanks for the rec!

    I loved, loved, loved Stardust as well. Which reminds me that I've been meaning to reread it for a while now, too. Ugh, so little time, right?

    New follower here, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairytales and retellings (L) Those books never get boring to read and Snow was good!

      I know.. So many great books and books to re-read, but so little time.

      Thanks for the follow :D

      Delete
  9. Yay!!! Gaiman love. He's my all time favorite, and of course I adored Stardust. So wonderful, glad it made the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaiman is really good! I also loved Coraline & Anansi boys.

      Delete
  10. Great list! Quite a few books there that I haven't even heard of. I just picked up a copy of Stardust a few weeks ago; I loved the movie, and I'm looking forward to reading the book as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the movie was good! If you liked it, you definitely going to love the book :)

      Delete
  11. I love that quote you have at the top! Thanks for stopping by my list earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.