Sunday, May 13, 2012 20:23

Showcase Sunday 2.


I have a pretty awesome box for today! First, I got two books on NetGalley.


Your heart misleads you. That's what my friends and family say. But I love Noah. And he loves me. We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms. It should be ROSE & NOAH forever, easy. But it won't be. Because he's Amish. And I'm not.



3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life. 98,409,602 seconds since the heavy, steel door had fallen shut and sealed us off from the world

Sherry has lived with her family in a sealed bunker since things went wrong up above. But when they run out of food, Sherry and her dad must venture outside. There they find a world of devastation, desolation...and the Weepers: savage, mutant killers. When Sherry's dad is snatched, she joins forces with gorgeous but troubled Joshua - an Avenger, determined to destroy the Weepers. But can Sherry keep her family and Joshua safe, when his desire for vengeance threatens them all?

The books I ordered on The books depository: 
Janet Lee Carey - Dragonswood.
DragonswoodWilde Island is not at peace. The kingdom mourns the dead Pendragon king and awaits the return of his heir; the uneasy pact between dragons, fairies, and humans is strained; and the regent is funding a bloodthirsty witch hunt, hoping to rid the island of half-fey maidens.

Tess, daughter of a blacksmith, has visions of the future, but she still doesn't expect to be accused of witchcraft, forced to flee with her two best friends, or offered shelter by the handsome and enigmatic Garth Huntsman, a warden for Dragonswood. But Garth is the younger prince in disguise and Tess soon learns that her true father was fey, making them the center of an exciting, romantic adventure, and an ancient prophecy that will bring about peace between all three races - dragon, human, and fairy

Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1)Jessica Day George - Princess of the midnight ball.
My review is found here. I loved this book so much, I had to buy it. The next one is on my list for the next order.

Galen is a young soldier returning from war; Rose is one of twelve princesses condemned to dance each night for the King Under Stone. Together Galen and Rose will search for a way to break the curse that forces the princesses to dance at the midnight balls. All they need is one invisibility cloak, a black wool chain knit with enchanted silver needles, and that most critical ingredient of all—true love—to conquer their foes in the dark halls below. But malevolent forces are working against them above ground as well, and as cruel as the King Under Stone has seemed, his wrath is mere irritation compared to the evil that awaits Galen and Rose in the brighter world above. 
 


Midnight Pearls: A Retelling of "The Little Mermaid"  (Once Upon a Time)In a quiet fishing village seventeen years ago, one lone fisherman rescued a child from the sea. He and his wife raised the girl, Pearl, as their own daughter, never allowing themselves to wonder long about where she came from — or notice her silver hair, usually pale skin, and wide, dark blue eyes.
Pearl grows from a mysterious child into an unusual young woman, not always welcomed in the village. As all the other girls her age find husbands, she has only one friend to ease her loneliness. One very special, secret companion: Prince James.
But their friendship is shaken when trouble erupts in the kingdom — a conspiracy against the royal family combines with an evil enchantment from beneath the sea. Now, just when Pearl and James need each other most, bewitching magic and hints about Pearl's past threaten to tear them apart...forever.

The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3)Carrie Ryan - The dark and hollow places.

There are many things that Annah would like to forget: the look on her sister's face before Annah left her behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, her first glimpse of the Horde as they swarmed the Dark City, the sear of the barbed wire that would scar her for life. But most of all, Annah would like to forget the morning Elias left her for the Recruiters.

Annah's world stopped that day, and she's been waiting for Elias to come home ever since. Somehow, without him, her life doesn't feel much different than the dead that roam the wasted city around her. Until she meets Catcher, and everything feels alive again.
But Catcher has his own secrets. Dark, terrifying truths that link him to a past Annah has longed to forget, and to a future too deadly to consider. And now it's up to Annah: can she continue to live in a world covered in the blood of the living? Or is death the only escape from the Return's destruction?



What's your mailbox today?


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

15 comments:

  1. Oh the books look really interesting! Especially Princess of a Midnight ball.
    Dragonwood and temptation seem intriguing too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The other life to read. It really does look good. You have some fab looking books this week.

    New follower


    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love all those covers. Hope they are as good as they look. Happy reading!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    P.S. I really love your blog. So new follower here.

    GFC-Pragya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some excellent books, I especially like the synopsis for The Other Life. Hope you enjoy reading them all!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That cover on Dragonswood is absolutely beautiful. Hope it is as good as it looks!
    My SS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of Dragonswood. I'm definitely going to have to find out if the inside matches the outside. :)

    Happy reading!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEP The dark and hollow places is the bEST of the series I loved it! And I want to read The Weepers soon it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too received Temptation. The rest of the books you got sound really good as well!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I actually haven't heard of a lot of these - which is one of the reasons I love book haul posts: I always hear about so many amazing new books! Anyways, hope you have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to read Forrest of Hand and Teeth. I've read some mixed reviews, but I di love zombies and it sounds super creepy - my kind of thing.
    Great haul!
    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dragon's wood sounds really cool! I love the cover as well.

    Ohh I've recently added Princess at the Midnight Ball! It sounds really interesting!

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books this week Mel! I didn't know Susane's book was up on netgalley! thanks for the head up! Also the cover to Dragonswood is gorgeous! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Natframpton & Reviewing shelf, thanks for the follow!
    @Giselle, ahhh, that's good to hear! I LOVED the other two books, especially the first one, so I can't wait to dive into this one :D
    @Aylee, I think it's great to find new titles. I have a never ending list by going through other mailboxes, haha.
    @Maja, I think that The forest of Hand and Teeth is wonderful! I'm going to re-read them, so I will be posting a review on them soon.
    @Jasprit, your welcome! I found the book while scrolling through the list. I hope you can get an e-book too!

    And all of you I haven't commented on personally, thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul :) !! I can't wait to read The Other Life, it sounds amazing !! Enjoy your books Mel !

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great books! I've been wanting to read Dragonswood. And I love that cover for The Dark and Hollow Places. I need to read Carrie Ryan!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0