Top Ten Books Written (In The Past 10 Years) That I Hope Are Still Being Read In 30 Years.
1. J.K Rowling - Harry Potter. This will always be my big love in my book collection. When people stop to read these books, the earth will split open and the sky will drop down on the earth :p
2.Markus Zusak - The book thief. Yep, there it is. Again. There is no way I can leave this book out of my top 10 Tuesdays. This is such a wonderful story. No more words needed.
3. Brothers Grimm - Grimm's Fairy Tales. I know that this book is much older than the past 10 years, but these are just classics. What will become of the world when people stop to remember the fairytales? That's when a Dystopian time will begin, so be aware!
4. Stephen King - Salem's lot. I had to include a title from Stephen King. This author is so famous - I think everybody knows him - and I love his works. This might be one of my favorites from him. It's about vampires :D
5. Philippa Gregory - The books about the Tudor period. Because they are awesome!
6. Hans Christian Andersen. Another classic author from fairytales. You just have to love his work.
7. Carrie Ryan - The forest of hands and teeth 1-3. My first zombie love. I haven't read the last book (I'm re-reading the second one right now), but I believe it will be as good as the other two. It's not only about zombies ripping people apart and ruling the world, but it's about friendship, loss, love and moving on. It's so well written!
8. Fairytale retellings. Yeah. That's no author and no title, but I want to include each and everyone of them. The ones which are already written and the ones in the future.
9. Juliet Marillier - The Seven Waters. And this is also an author I can't keep away from my top 10 Tuesday lists. I won't bother you with my never ending fangirl talk. You alraedy know I love her books.
10. Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games. They aren't my favorite books, but I did like them enough to include in my list. I think this is just another book that will become a 'classic', like Harry Potter. A book everybody knows.
There are a lot of books I wish people would read - and kept reading, but I'm going to keep it to this selection :)
Let me know what your selection is!
Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.