Top 10 Tuesday (12) Books for the future.


Top Ten Books Written (In The Past 10 Years) That I Hope Are Still Being Read In 30 Years.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)1. J.K Rowling - Harry Potter. This will always be my big love in my book collection. When people stop to read these books, the earth will split open and the sky will drop down on the earth :p
2. Markus Zusak - The book thief. Yep, there it is. Again. There is no way I can leave this book out of my top 10 Tuesdays. This is such a wonderful story. No more words needed.

3. Brothers Grimm - Grimm's Fairy Tales. I know that this book is much older than the past 10 years, but these are just classics. What will become of the world when people stop to remember the fairytales? That's when a Dystopian time will begin, so be aware!
The Complete Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales4. Stephen King - Salem's lot. I had to include a title from Stephen King. This author is so famous - I think everybody knows him - and I love his works. This might be one of my favorites from him. It's about vampires :D

5. Philippa Gregory - The books about the Tudor period. Because they are awesome!

6. Hans Christian Andersen. Another classic author from fairytales. You just have to love his work.

7. Carrie Ryan - The forest of hands and teeth 1-3.  My first zombie love. I haven't read the last book (I'm re-reading the second one right now), but I believe it will be as good as the other two. It's not only about zombies ripping people apart and ruling the world, but it's about friendship, loss, love and moving on. It's so well written!

8. Fairytale retellings. Yeah. That's no author and no title, but I want to include each and everyone of them. The ones which are already written and the ones in the future.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)9. Juliet Marillier - The Seven Waters. And this is also an author I can't keep away from my top 10 Tuesday lists. I won't bother you with my never ending fangirl talk. You alraedy know I love her books.

10. Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games. They aren't my favorite books, but I did like them enough to include in my list. I think this is just another book that will become a 'classic', like Harry Potter. A book everybody knows.

There are a lot of books I wish people would read - and kept reading, but I'm going to keep it to this selection :)

Let me know what your selection is!

16 comments

  1. Lots of the same titles on our lists! Great picks :-)

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list! i agree with the hunger games. I think the Hans Christian Anderson will always be read since they have been for a long time now. no doubt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, fairy tales! Didn't think to include on my list, but you're absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list. I hope the fairy tales we knew as kids are still around too!
    Here's my TopTenTuesday Post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! Fairy tales/retellings aren't on my list, but I really hope people will still be reading them in the future! And YESSSS to Harry Potter!

    Here are my Top Ten picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with The Hunger Games!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You for stopping by my blog! I really like your list as well :)I love your inclusion of Fairy Tale retellings! Have you read Cinder by any chance?

    And I agree with you about when people stop reading Harry Potter! I don't even want to imagine that day. It truly will be a sad one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love The Hunger Games and Harry Potter as well. I enjoy any fairy tale retelling (if well done, of course :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome list. I have only read the first of The Forest of Hands and Teeth, but loved it. I have the other two, I just haven't had a chance to read them yet. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THG is definitely a must and Harry Potter! :D Great list! :D

    Thanks for dropping by my Top 10! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harry Potter is such a sure bet. Those books are instant classics that will live on forever.

    Everyone's saying Hunger Games! I just don't know if they'll be as popular in 30 years. Maybe people will have forgetten by then.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, great call on that Tudor series of books by Phillipa Gregory! Totally got me hooked on historical fiction!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've got Harry Potter and The Hunger Games on our list, too. I'm looking forward to Philippa Gregory's new YA series. I love historical fiction.

    Our Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh goodness, YES! And more than ANY of them, HARRY POTTER! Our generation's Narnia. If people aren't still reading Harry books in 30 years, I can't imagine it'd much be a world I want to live in :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Philippa Gregory's books so much! I really need to read the Sevenwaters series as well. Fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Savidini, I haven't read Cinder yet, but I'm looking forward to get it in my hands soon :D

    I'm glad that everybody liked my picks! And it makes me happy to see that a lot of you still like fairytales. Sometimes I'm so afraid that they will vanish :o

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.