Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:04

Showcase Sunday. Amazing edition.


I'm so glad with this edition, because I got some amazing books!

First, from Netgalley and the publishers.
The first time, I was declined, but I decided to give it a second try and finally I am accepted to read this book! I can't wait.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) Sarah J. Maas - Throne of Glass.
Expected publication: August 2nd 2012 by Bloomsbury.
Meet Celaena Sardothien.
Beautiful. Deadly. Destined for greatness.

In the dark, filthy salt mines of Endovier, an eighteen-year-old girl is serving a life sentence. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, but she made a fatal mistake: she got caught.


Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose RhymesAnd this one, it sounds amazing! I'm not a fan of anthologies, but I couldn't resist it.

Two and twenty dark tales - Different authors.
Expected publication: October 16th 2012 by Month9Books 
In this anthology, 20 authors explore the dark and hidden meanings behind some of the most beloved Mother Goose nursery rhymes through short story retellings. The dark twists on classic tales range from exploring whether Jack truly fell or if Jill pushed him instead to why Humpty Dumpty, fragile and alone, sat atop so high of a wall. The authors include Nina Berry, Sarwat Chadda, Leigh Fallon, Gretchen McNeil, and Suzanne Young.

I discovered Edelweiss and I decided to give it a try. After being declined a lot (saying that there are no copies left from the books I requested) I got a couple of great books!

The SpindlersFirst, Lauren Oliver - The spindlers. Don't you just love the cover? And I loved Liesl & Po, so I have high expectations!
Expected publication: October 2nd 2012 by HarperCollins.

Looking across the breakfast table one morning, twelve-year-old Liza feels dread wash over her. Although her younger brother, Patrick, appears the same, Liza knows that he is actually quite different. She is certain that the spindlers-evil, spiderlike beings-came during the night and stole his soul. And Liza is also certain that she is the only one who can rescue him.

Emma Cornwall - Incarnation.
Expected publication: September 18th 2012 by Gallery Books
IncarnationLucy Weston tracks down the novelist Bram Stoker in her search to reveal the dark force who made her a vampire--and regain her humanity in the process.In the steampunk world of Victorian London, Lucy Weston, a character in "Dracula," seeks out Bram Stoker to discover why he deliberately lied about her in his popular novel. With Stoker's reluctant help, she tracks the creature who transformed her from the sensual underworld where humans vie to become vampires to a hidden cell beneath a temple to madness and finally into the glittering Crystal Palace where death reigns supreme. Haunted by fragmentary memories of her lost life and love, Lucy battles her thirst for blood as she struggles to stop a catastrophic war that will doom vampires and humans alike. Ultimately, she makes a choice that illuminates for her--and for us--the true nature of what it means to be human.
The Peculiar
I was fascinated by the cover and the blurb. Stefan Bachmann - The peculiar.
Expected publication: September 18th 2012 by Greenwillow Books.

Bartholomew Kettle won't live long. Changelings never do. The child of a human mother and a faery father, Bartholomew is a secret, despised by both his races. If the English don't hang him for witchcraft, the faerys will do something worse. So his mother keeps him locked away, hidden from the world in the faery slums of Bath.

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy, #1)Won in a giveaway and I received my copy a couple of days ago.

Leigh Bardugo - Shadow and bone.
Published June 5th 2012 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.
Bought.
Verboden magie
Since I am a huge fan of Juliet Marilier, I couldn't resist this one in the bookstore. It's called 'Verboden Magie' and - this is really weird for me - it's Shadowfell for you guys. So.. How is it possible that I can buy this book, while Shadowfell is released in September 11th 2012?

Its name is spoken only in whispers, if the people of Alban dare to speak it at all: Shadowfell. The training ground for rebels seeking to free their land from the grip of the tyrannical king is so shrouded in mystery that most believe it to be a myth.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

23 comments:

  1. Great showcase! I'm so curious about The Spindlers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! I couldn't decide if I wanted to request 2 and 20 Dark Tales. Have soooo much to read lately and I was just about done with my review pile but then I added another! Which happens to be Incarnation as well! Liking it so far! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! First of all I'm currently reading Throne of Glass and it's really good! And secondly, I AM SO JEALOUS you got Shadowfell! I cannot wait to read that book! Absolutely love Juliet Marillier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely some good ones in there. I like the sounds of The Peculiar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I received THRONE OF GLASS a few months ago! I've been hearing loads of good stuff about it, so I can't wait to get started. :D And I'm extremely jealous that you got SHADOW & BONE. That one's been getting lots of hype, too.

    Well, I can't wait to hear what you think about all your awesome reads! Enjoy!

    Meg | Check out my Showcase Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you think of Throne of Glass - I've heard so many mixed reviews of it. On the other hand, I loved Shadow and Bone, so I'm really excited you'll be reading it! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great books! I was declined when I requested Throne of Glass and I really want to read it so maybe I'll try again! Incarnation sounds like an interesting read; great how it uses the characters in Stokers' novel. Hope you enjoy all of your new books! :)

    -Becca@Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/showcase-sunday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your galley! I've only had rejections, lol XD I've been spying Two and Twenty Dark Tales a lot this week! Sounds super intriguing <3 OMG!! and Incarnation! This is SUCH an envy-worthy haul, Mel! Happy reading this week!

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! Throne of Glass looks amazing; I really want to read Shadow and Bone, too. Enjoy all of your new books!

    Our STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, aptly named, the AMAZING edition! Great haul! Hope you enjoy them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing haul! I really want to read Throne of Glass and The Spindlers (plus some more that you got)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you have this week :) Spindlers sounds interesting, and Shadowfell seems like a fascinating-read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, awesome haul! You got Throne of Glass! Can't wait to read it. And Incarnation sounds fabulous - I love Dracula, and this is a story that I won't miss :D
    Enjoy your new books! And thank you for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome haul this week! I have already added it to my TBR list.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just finished Shadow and Bone this weekend. I'm actually wanting to read it again. Hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing bookhaul sweetheart! but, what is Edelweiss? could you leave a link please? I dont find it anywhere XDD

    enjoy your pretties!!! <33333333333333 and devour Throne of Glass! is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Lots of good picks. Two and Twenty Dark Tales looks pretty interesting. I may need to request it from NetGally! :D

    Happy reading!
    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  18. I requested for Throne of Glass tons of times but they wouldn't accept my request. :(
    I'm sooo jealous!!! >.<
    Happy Reading!
    Nobonita@Daydreaming Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great books. I also received Spindlers and Two and Twenty Dark Tales and am looking forward to them.

    Thanks for dropping by my IMM!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Throne of Glass is waiting on my TBR pile, but I haven't gotten round to it yet... Two and Twenty Dark Tales sounds fascinating! I'll be looking out for that when it's published :) I also reaaally want to read Incarnation :) Great haul!

    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oohhh!!! Looks like a ton of great books this week hun :D I have Two and Twenty Dark Tales as well for review (and it sounds amazing, totally can't wait to get to it!) and I still need to get started on Shadow & Bone! Looks so good :) Happy Reading!

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to read Shadow and Bone! And the The Spindlers has such a cute cover.
    Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow you got quite a lot of books! Throne of Glass and Shadow and Bone I've heard nothing but good things about. Nice book haul Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0