Friday, September 07, 2012 15:01

Feature & Follow (12)

Gain New Blog Followers
Hosted by: Alison can read.

In a Treacherous Court (Susanna Horenbout and John Parker, #1)Q: What are you reading right now? How do you like it?

I always read several books at the same time, but my 'leader book' is Michelle Diener's work 'In a treacherous court.'
The other books I'm reading are:
Juliet Marillier - Shadowfall (here it's called: Verboden magie)
Mercedes Lackey - The fairy godmother.
Stefan Bachmann - The peculiar.

An unconventional woman. A deadly enemy. A clash of intrigue, deception, and desire..
1525: Artist Susanna Horenbout is sent from Belgium to be Henry VIII’s personal illuminator inside the royal palace. But her new homeland greets her with an attempt on her life, and the King’s most lethal courtier, John Parker, is charged with keeping her safe. As further attacks are made, Susanna and Parker realize that she unknowingly carries the key to a bloody plot against the throne. For while Richard de la Pole amasses troops in France for a Yorkist invasion, a traitor prepares to trample the kingdom from within.Who is the mastermind? Why are men vying to kill the woman Parker protects with his life? With a motley gang of urchins, Susanna’s wits, and Parker’s fierce instincts, honed on the streets and in palace chambers, the two slash through deadly layers of deceit in a race against time. For in the court of Henry VIII, secrets are the last to die..
I'm obsessed with everything that has to do with The Tudors, so when Michelle emailed me if I wanted a copy from her two books, I was thrilled. I'm almost done now and I love it! It's such a shame that I have to go to school, because I can't read as much as I want to. The conspiracy lies deep within the trusted circles of the King and it's up to Susanna and John to find out who is behind the attacks, before they both die. It's fascinating to see how the court is; filled with snakes, trying to profit from everybody in order to get more money, land and status. Definitely recommended if you like The Tudors and Philippa Gregory. My review is coming soon, so stay tuned if you want to know more!

And link me up with your FF. Happy weekend!

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

50 comments:

  1. That sounds really good. I love historical fiction!

    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me very intrigued! This will go to my huge TBR pile!
    Thanks for stopping by my FF post earlier.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks way good! I love historical stuff! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sounds good! New follower! My Feature & Follow
    Michelle @ Mom With A Kindle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds really interesting. Following back =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that looks like a great book. The cover is really nice.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these books look pretty interesting. I haven't heard of your lead book before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks interesting, though I've never heard of it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer to watch rather than read stories like this. The blurb for this book sounds awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I followed your link from my blog! I'm also an aries, love Tumblr, and love Snape. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg I need to read this! I love historical fiction and am also obsessed by anything that has to do with the Tudors. :]

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book sounds so good! Thanks for stopping by my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday :D Thanks for stopping by earlier **Old Follower**

    ReplyDelete
  15. In A Treacherous Court sounds really goo. Must check it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New Follower via RSS

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds fun! I love things set in that time period. New follower!

    C.J.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds really, really interesting!

    Hopeful reading!!
    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good book! The cover is just beautiful :)

    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting! Haven't heard of that one!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Yours is absolutely the cutest thing ever! I love the design of the whole thing :)

    Also, I'm so glad to get some positive feedback on Entwined! Part of me gets nervous reading YA because there is such a huge market for it these days, a lot of it ends up not being very good. Sounds like I picked a winner :) Yay!

    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel you on the school thing. My book load has gone up so much since school started and I have almost no time to read anything. This books sounds awesome. I haven't heard of it but I think I may have to check it out soon. Thanks for checking on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember reading The Fairy Godmother a long time ago when it first released. I really enjoyed it and I hope you do, too. Have fun with all your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read a historical fiction book for a while so I'm gonna put this one on my TBR. I need a bit of variety every now and then! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my FF :)
    *old follower*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haven't read this one but it sounds like something I might enjoy!

    New follower :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I used to read books based on the Tudors all the time. I should pick this up again.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds interesting, will have to check t out.
    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  27. I also read more than one book at a time! This one sounds really interesting, hope you love it.

    Thanks for stopping by, I'm an old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. @_@ I love historical fiction, and I don't read nearly enough of it. 'In a treacherous Court' sounds like a good read!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm now following you via GFC and Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That sounds interesting, and the cover is gorgeous!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, following back :]

    ReplyDelete
  30. This sounds great. I love historical fiction and will have to add this to my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you now, and would love it if you followed back!

    You're really going love the Infernal Devices series!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh! I love love love historical fiction books! I really loved The Other Boleyn Girl!

    Thanks for following! Followed back!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I usually don't read Historical Fiction, but maybe I'll start soon :D Thanks for sharing!

    Old follower :D

    ~ Rachael Madison @ Moosubi Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oooh that cover is so beautiful!! <3 I love good historical intrigue! Thanks for sharing Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh wow! Hope you enjoy reading all your books! :)

    Thanks for stopping by our blog! new follower :)
    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the Tudors too, but don't get to read about them that much. My YA habit takes over....Thanks for visiting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sounds fantastic-- I love anything w/ the Tudors or Henry VIII's court... have you seen the Showtime show The Tutors? (I love it!!) Definitely adding it to my tbr. New follower following you back, and can't wait to read more.

    Kat @ A Myriad of Books

    ReplyDelete
  38. I don't particularly like these books but the covers are always super lovely, I'm a new follower :3

    Thanks for stopping by
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the kingdom series by Lackey. So cute! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I also read many books at a time but surrently, I can only handle a few.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I haven't read a good historical fiction book in a while. It's seems like another addition to my TBR pile :) Thanks for the blog stop!

    -Angeline @BerdsFly

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hm.. Haven't of this one before.
    But I hope you enjoy reading!
    Thanks for stoppin by my FF.
    New follower. :)
    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh wow, what a cover!
    I'm a new follower, via Feature and Follow. My FF post can be found here: http://rinnreads.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/feature-follow-1.html =)

    Rinn

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm flat out reading one book, can't do several. You must be a person with many talents!!

    Thanx for visiting my FF
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New linky old GFC Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. New follower!

    Oooh, I love the cover of what you're reading right now!

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-hop-and-follow-me-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  46. That looks amazing. May have to put it on my list.

    Thanks for stopping by. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oooh fellow Tudor obsessor! I know, not a word lol!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Mel - following you back via GFC. :)

    This sounds like a great historical fiction with an interesting leading lady. Have you read Ariana Franklin's Mistress of the Art of Death books? They are also great historical reads.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0