Review 87. Carolyn MacCullough – Always a witch.

Always a Witch (Witch, #2)Title: Always a witch.
Author: Carolyn MacCullough.
Pages: 276.
Published: August 1st 2011 (first published July 11th 2011)
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Sort: Part two of ‘Witch’
Review part one: Once a witch.
Since the gripping conclusion of Once A Witch, Tamsin Greene has been haunted by her grandmother's prophecy that she will soon be forced to make a crucial decision—one so terrible that it could harm her family forever. When she discovers that her enemy, Alistair Knight, went back in time to Victorian-era New York in order to destroy her family, Tamsin is forced to follow him into the past. Stranded all alone in the nineteenth century, Tamsin soon finds herself disguised as a lady's maid in the terrifying mansion of the evil Knight family, avoiding the watchful eye of the vicious matron, La Spider, and fending off the advances of Liam Knight. As time runs out, both families square off in a thrilling display of magic. And to her horror, Tamsin finally understands the nature of her fateful choice.
Rating


There is one lie in the blurb. There are no advances of Liam, at all. He is an evil person and he is the brain behind the horror. The only attraction he feels for Tamsin, is the fact that he wants to make her his next victim.

Tamsin is lovely. She throws herself in a lot of danger to safe her family. Luckily for her, Gabriel is there to help her. I like the spark between them, so I was happy to see him again. He is sweet.
The story reads incredibly fast. There is a lot of action and mystery to unravel. When Gabriel can’t find her family in their own time, you know that they must hurry. I knew what she had to do right away, but it still made an impact on me. I’m definitely looking forward to read more books from this author. They are easy and quite simple, but that’s sometimes all I want.

7 comments

  1. I liked this one much more than I liked the first book, which is saying something! MacCullough is a writer of great quality, isn't she? Her style is so clean and her pacing is almost perfect.
    The totally swoon-worthy boy doesn't hurt either. :)
    Wonderful review, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed both of these books! Love witch stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book. I think I am going to read the first one, I'm very curious :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this one sounds fun. I love a fast paced, quick read. Too bad the guy didn't grow as much as you were hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read the first book, as I think I would really enjoy these! I like that the story reads fast as I am a bit sick of slow burners these days. Thanks for a great review Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a series I Would like I love witch books and i've been seeing this one around. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember seeing this book before but I don't think I was very interested in reading it. I haven't read a lot of books about witches recently and this does intrigue me now!

    Awesome review, Mel ♥ Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.