Wednesday, February 06, 2013 11:24

WoW 30. Boy Nobody & Winter Queen.



Hosted by: Breaking the Spine.

Boy NobodyAllen Zadoff – Boy Nobody.
Expected publication: June 11th 2013 by Little, Brown & CO BYR
Boy Nobody is the perennial new kid in school, the one few notice and nobody thinks much about. He shows up in a new high school, in a new town, under a new name, makes few friends and doesn't stay long. Just long enough for someone in his new friend's family to die -- of "natural causes." Mission accomplished, Boy Nobody disappears, and moves on to the next target. When his own parents died of not-so-natural causes at the age of eleven, Boy Nobody found himself under the control of The Program, a shadowy government organization that uses brainwashed kids as counter-espionage operatives. But somewhere, deep inside Boy Nobody, is somebody: the boy he once was, the boy who wants normal things (like a real home, his parents back), a boy who wants out. And he just might want those things badly enough to sabotage The Program's next mission.
 
Winter Queen (Fairy Queens, #1)Amber Argyle – Winter Queen.
Expected publication: June 19th 2013 by Starling Publishing.
Becoming a winter queen will make Ilyenna as cold and cruel and deadly as winter itself, but it might be the only way to save her people from a war they have no hope of winning.
Mortally wounded during a raid, seventeen-year-old Ilyenna is healed by winter fairies who present her with a seductive offer: become one of them and share their power over winter. But that power comes with a price. If she accepts, she will become a force of nature, lose her humanity, and abandon her family. Unwilling to pay such a high price, Ilyenna is enslaved by one of the invaders, Darrien. While in captivity, she learns the attack wasn’t just a simple raid but part of a larger plot to overthrow her entire nation.  With the enemy stealing over the mountains and Darrien coming to take her to his bed, Ilyenna must decide whether to resurrect the power the fairies left behind. Doing so will allow her to defeat Darrien and the other invaders, but if she embraces winter, she will lose herself to that destroying power—forever.


And I recently saw the cover from Cold Spell, part four of the fairytale retellings from Jackson Pearce. I had to show it: pretty!

Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4)
Mel4

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

46 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Those are all new to me! Wondering if Jackson's book is based off the Snow Queen...

    Here's my Wow

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I didn't know there would be a fourth book in the Fairytale Retellings! LOVING that cover, though. Pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great choices but especially loving Cold Spell! Have been squeeing about that since I heard she was writing it!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome choices! I got a review copy of Boy Nobody the other day and it was really special - it came in a box with pens and notebooks and stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading the premise, I kind of wish Boy Nobody releases sooner :c
    Cold Spell's cover is beautiful. Although I think that before this one releases, I should read the first three books (or were they two more? idk).
    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow some great picks, I'll be adding these to my TBR for sure.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy Nobody sounds awesome and Winter Queen's cover is stunning. Great picks. I haven't checked out Pearce's retellings yet but I may have to!

    Great picks and thanks for stopping by My WoW
    Jessie Marie from The Daily Bookmark

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy Nobody looks so good. Adding to my TBR list Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These both sound really good! I'm really excited to read Boy Nobody, I wish we didn't have to wait until June for its release. Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard of either of these books before. I can't decide how I feel about them...hmmm. Boy Nobody sounds the most interesting to me. The second book reminds me of The Wicked Lovely series.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are totally new to me but I really like Boy Nobody, it sounds thrilling!

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these WoW picks look really good. Added them to my Goodreads. Can't wait to read them. Also thanks for sharing Cold Spell. Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW. =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, the cover for Cold Spell is really pretty! Both of you pick sound amazing, and the cover for Winter Queen is beautiful! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, I love Cold Spell's cover! I really need to give Jackson Pearce a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such amazing picks, don't know any of these. I have to check them out! Hope you get them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't hear about Amber Argyle – Winter Queen but I ADORE cover & summary. Fairies weeeeeeeee. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.
    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh, Mel the cover for Cold Spell is so pretty! And I love fairytale re-telling, so I can't wait for this one either. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. So excited for Cold Spell. It sounds so good, and I've really enjoyed Jackson Pearce's books. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all new to me! Boy Nobody sounds freaky! Have a great week!

    http://unabridgedandralyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow wow wow. I've heard of the Winter Queen just recently and have added it to my list! Love the covers of all the books and Boy Nothing sounds interesting! Thank you so much foor sharing and commenting! 8)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The winter queen doesn't sound like something I would enjoy! It's a bit too mature :) But I do love the sound of Boy Nobody... it's mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh now I want to read Winter Queen! All the books you've chosen have gorgeous covers. :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a coincidence! I just added both of these to my TBR list.

    See what I picked this week at Read. Sleep. Repeat.
    -Octavia

    *that is a pretty awesome cover for Cold Spell

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have never heard of any of these, but Winter Queen's cover is absolutely gorgeous! I would read any of these three just for their covers. Great choices! You always have so many fantastic-looking ones :D

    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
  25. Winter Queen sounds pretty amazing and I just adore the cover. Enslavement over giving up everything. Definitely a hard choice. I'll be excited to get my hands on a copy of that.

    Great picks. New follower here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I really want the new Jackson Pearce! And Boy Nobody looks and sounds soooo good! I've aded it to all the lists :D

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooh Cold Spell is so pretty!

    I'm very excited for Boy Nobody-I've read most of Zadoff's previous work and really liked it so it's cool that he's verging into non-contemporary for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, I'm also waiting for Winter Queen! <3

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  29. All of these look great, this is the first time I've heard of them. The Winter Queen cover is so pretty.
    Cricket@ Little Library Muse WoW

    ReplyDelete
  30. These look amazing and I love the covers. Especially the one for Winter Queen.

    Thanks for sharing & dropping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great picks! Winter Queen looks awesome, and the cover is so pretty. I am sad to say that I have only read the first book in Pearce's retellings...looks like I need to catch up. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Holy cow, Boy Nobody sounds amazing and I love the Winter Queen cover! It's gorgeous!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Boy Nobody sounds wonderful, Mel! Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. First, I didn't realize there was going to be a fourth book in that Jackson Pearce series. I haven't made it past Sisters Red yet! Also, I discovered Winter Queen on a WoW a few weeks back and promptly added to my TBR. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are both new to me. Both definitely sound like something I would enjoy. Awesome picks... I guess I'll have to start this series right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Excited for all of these two! I love Jackson Pearce and Allen Zadoff! I haven't gotten to read Amber Argyle yet but excited to see it's about fairies and the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the cover of 'Winter Queen'!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Boy Nobody sounds like a lot of fun. I have read a previous book by this author and I really liked it so I have high expectations for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great picks :D Winter Queen looks so gorgeous. <3 cannot wait for it :) And yes, Cold Spell! Was just my WoW :) The cover is just so gorgeous. <3 Hope you'll love them all :)
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ooo, I'm really interested in Boy Nobody--it sounds awesome. Will probably wait to see reviews for the other two. :) Nice picks!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great picks! I want to read Boy Nobody and Cold Spell.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the cover for Winter Spell and it looks amazing! I also will be continuing the Fairy Tale Retellings series, so thanks for showing the cover. I think the mirror looks really cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0