Review 155. Kiersten White – Endlessly.

Title: Endlessly.
Author: Kiersten White.
Pages: 385.
Published: July 24th 2012.
Publisher: HarperTeen.
Sort: Last book in the Paranormalcy series.
Part 1. Paranormalcy. 
Part 2. Supernaturally.
Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate. The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands. So much for normal.
          Rating

There are no spoilers for the other books.

I’m trying to finish as many series as possible this year. Have you ever realised how many series there are? I’ve made a list with all the series I’ve read in 2011 and 2012: I’m stressed! So many! Some of them aren’t complete yet, but I hope to reduce my amount by finishing many completed series. 

I liked Paranormalcy & Supernaturally and this is the perfect conclusion. This is how you end a series! I can’t tell a lot about it, so you’ll have to do it with this vague description:

Evie is forced to return to IPCA by the new director, but she is enjoying her life as a normal teenager. That is until Lend is kidnapped by The Dark Faerie Queen from the Unseelie court. Evie decides to accept Reth’s and Jack’s help to get him back. In the mean time, Paranormals are asking her to open a gate for them. They want to return to their own world. Can Evie save Lend and is the ready to make a gate?


Evie was a good character, but I liked her more in Paranormalcy. She was a bit more whiny now, always busy with her and Lend. She was completely focused on saving him, but she was ignorant for other problems. Her mood swings were annoying too. She hates Reth, then she likes him, then she hates him so much she likes him – make up your mind!

So, conclusion: a good ending for this series, but nothing too special.

11 comments

  1. Paranormalcy was definitely my favorite of this trilogy although I liked how my feelings about Jack became a lot more positive in this book-didn't think it was possible after loathing him in Supernaturally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the series yet and it sounds like it isn't for me. Great insight, though!

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, I never really did like Paranormalcy :( But, I totally understand the stress you are under from the many unfinished series! I'm in the same spot and it's both nerve-wracking and filled with anticipation :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in complete agreement about Evie, she got on my nerves in this one I almost stopped reading this. For me, it was a huge diappointment compared to the first two. Though, good to see you still found some light in Endlessly. ;D

    Wonderful review, Mel! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about the amount of series there are! It's like every book that comes out is part of a trilogy or something. Anyway, I haven't checked out the first book for this one yet. I've heard so many mixed reviews that I don't know what to do anymore, and it is quite disappointing you didn't enjoy the last book more. Yeah, last books should end with a bang, so that you remember them, you know? Lovely review, though! Sorry this wasn't any better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same way, it was a good wrap up but nothing too special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I get stressed out about the number of series I've started and need to finish, as well. And don't even get me started on the amazing series that I haven't even begun yet! Anyways, glad this finale wasn't satisfactory. This is one series that I still need to read (Paranormalcy is on my shelf). I can't wait to meet Evie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Good but nothing too special" actually sums up my feelings for the first book, too--which is why I haven't made it past that, hah. I am a little curious about where the story goes, but not really enough to have picked up the sequel after all this time. Appreciate your review!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my God, tell me about it! There is never a time when all my series will be done! They just keep on piling up! Anyways, it's too bad that this was an okay read... great review though!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. You liked Evie more in Paranormalcy?!
    Oh no, I HATED her in Paranormalcy. (I still can't get over her pink "Tasie." Ugh.)
    "Evie was a good character, but I liked her more in Paranormalcy."
    This line alone tells me to stay far, far away from Supernaturally and Endlessly now. ):

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover looks very pretty! Enjoy reading them when you get around to them!

    Irene (Sell Gold)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.