Friday, June 21, 2013 16:59

Feature & Follow 22.

I haven't done a FF post in a while and this seems the best opportunity for you guys to subscribe through RSS (which directs to Feedly) or Bloglovin'. I don't trust GFC anymore and like I said earlier, I'm thinking about deleting it completely. So if you want to keep following my blog, I would love it if you subscribe on the other platforms.
Hosted by: Allison can read.

Q: Activity: Favorite Literary Quote.


This is hard to pick. Being a booklover also means "having a lot of favorite quotes" to me. I will show you three random quotes from two books I love dearly: (I'm going to resist quoting Harry Potter)

“Sometimes I think that maybe we are just stories. Like we may as well just be words on a page, because we're only what we've done and what we are going to do.” 

"
 I like to think that nothing's final, and that everyone gets to be together even when it looks like they don't, that it all works out even when all the evidence seems to say something else, that you and I are always young in the woods, and that I'll see you sometime again, even if it's not with any kind of eyes I know of or understand. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the way things go after all - that all things end happy."
“I wanted to tell the book thief many things, about beauty and brutality. But what could I tell her about those things that she didn't already know? I wanted to explain that I am constantly overestimating and underestimating the human race-that rarely do I ever simply estimate it. I wanted to ask her how the same thing could be so ugly and so glorious, and its words and stories so damning and brilliant.” 

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

24 comments:

  1. Great quotes, especially the one from the book thief:)

    My FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Book Thief! New follower :) Check out my FF at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes. Thanks for stopping by Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote from TBT. Can you believe that I have yet to read it?! Will hopefully rectify that this summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quotes :)
    New follower via Bloglovin.
    Have a magical weekend!
    Here's my FF: Maria's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! I like these quotes! Unfortunately, my quotes don't stand a chance against these. I'm glad I found these quotes today!(:

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your quotes! I've never read TIGER LILY so I'll have to add it to my TBR. Thanks for stoppin' by my blog for my first #FF post! New bloglovin' follower. :-)

    http://ashleythebookjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read either of these two books but great quotes. I especially liked the ones from Tiger Lily. Awesome choices! Thanks for stopping by my FF earlier!!

    New follower via Bloglovin'

    Sheri @ Tangled Up In Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great quotes! New bloglovin follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read either of them but great quotes. New follower.

    Tsuki @ Tsuki's Books

    Tsuki's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I really like them! I haven't read either of the books, but those are some fantastic quotes! Thank you so much for stopping by my FF. Old GFC Follower - New Bloglovin Follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great quotes! I have yet to read both of these books, (The Book Thief is HUGE on my TBR list!) but thanks for sharing :)

    New follower via Bloglovin! :)

    Sarah @ Bubbly & Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Book Thief. *dies* I'm just going to go and sob in the corner because that book was too amazing beyond words.

    Lovely quotes there, Mel! <33

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, the thing about quoting from Harry Potter is that there are SO MANY to choose from. I love that quote from The Book Thief! That reminds me, I really need to pick that book up again for a re-read soon. Lovely choices, Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE the book thief quote! Great choices!

    Laura @BooksWritingTea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful quotes! I haven't read either of the books, but I'm going to have to check them out. Thanks for stopping by this week and I added a Bloglovin' follow this week :)

    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still need to read The Book Thief. I"m a new GFC follower. Thanks for stopping by my FF as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw. Love the quotes. <3 thank you for sharing sweetie :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, we did pick the same quote. *sighs* yes, The Book Thief is one of THE best books. Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Summer @ MissFictional's World of YA Books

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi I'm new to blogging and following thru from Parajunkie's follow friday.

    You can follow me back at "SnowRavyn's Reviews"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those quotes are really good! And they speak so much too. Especially from The Book Thief! Thanks for dropping by my FF.

    New Bloglovin' follower.

    Nina @ The Bookish Confections

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read Tiger Lily, but love The Book Thief! Such a great quote, and I always loved the fact that death is the narrator. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Old follower via Bloglovin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh. These are such great quotes. Thank you so much for stopping by our blog and the follows. :) Following back via Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0