Monday, July 29, 2013 16:15

Recap Italy.

I have far too many pictures to show everything (two weeks is hard to recap in a short blog post) but here are the highlights of my vacation. I’m even going to drop the secret veil of anonymity and show you a picture of me. I’ll delete it after a while though. Pictures are removed.

First of all, we had such a good weather. It only rained two times in the night, but I don’t think we had temperatures below 30 degrees. I got a nice tan, woe hoe. Prove:
20130725_145105
Second, the country! It was a beautiful location. I went to Lago Maggiore around two years ago and this was just as pretty. We had a great house with a pool nearby where I swam almost every day (with a cap on my head. Never felt more stupid in my life, haha)The exhausting 14-hour car trip was definitely worth it.


On to the pictures:
Lago Iseo. Two minute walk from the house and this is what we saw:
20130714_125750

We went into the mountains to see some waterfalls on the trail of Monticelli Brusati. We took a very muddy road and an expert road (not very clever idea) I had to throw away my shoes because they were completely ruined, haha. One of the waterfalls with me on the left and my sister on the right.
---

Brescia. There are some great old buildings, I’ll share two with you.
This is Castello di Brescia.
20130718_123639
and this is Duomo Nuovo.
20130718_135257

We went to Monte Isola, an island in the middle of Lago Iseo. We walked around half of the island and visited a castle on top of it – but it’s now a personal house so we only could see the outside from a distance.
20130719_13574520130719_141932
20130719_160451
One of my favorite days was visiting Verona. I’ve been excited about this city for such a long time now. I love Shakespeare, so it was thrilling to stand on the famous balcony with my boyfriend – and even touching Juliet’s boob. It’s definitely one of the prettiest cities I’ve seen so far <3
On the city wall:
20130722_120133
Arena, we went inside, but it wasn’t spectacular. They were building a stage, because there are performances every day:
20130722_121548

Touching her boob seems to be THE thing. Everyone is pushing around in order to get a picture, so of course I had to get one too. Haha. And on the balcony. It was great to see her house on the inside. I have a more zoomed picture, but I think this one is more interesting to see the whole balcony.
----

Cattedrale di Verona.
20130722_152411
We saw pyramids. I know, strange right? But there is this “Piramidi di zone” with pillars with a rock on top of it. It was quite a tour with a LOT of climbing, but it was worth it.
20130723_125913
We rented a boat for the whole day and we went for shopping for a day. My boyfriend won me a Minnie pillow in just a random attempt. It’s awesome!
-----

So, this is a selection of everything we did. I had to go through around 900 pictures and I think these are more than enough to give you an idea :D. I had a blast!

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

64 comments:

  1. You're so cute Mel! Loveee the pictures. Looks absolutely beautiful and sounds like you had a great time! I didn't realize touching Juliet's boob was such a huge thing. Maybe that's how I'll convince my boyfriend to take me there... haha ;) Glad you had fun, and welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asti! Hahaha, that might be a good reason to convince him ;)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, it looks so lovely, there! Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a great vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, looks and sounds like you had an amazing vacation :D So jealous. Looks like a beautiful place :) And ohh. I love seeing he picures of you! Thank you so much for sharing :D I'm glad you had an awesome time. <3 Also, hih, I always share a ton of pictures when I do something fun ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! The visit to Verona would be my favorite part! THE BALCONY. I would love to see the love notes that tourists left - if that still happens! So nice that you had this trip! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a wall with pink/red lockets and you can even email her when you visit her house :p

      Delete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! You make me want to go to Italy Mel! The ocean is so pretty and ha ha, the boob thing! Reminds me of touching the man's private parts in Anna and the French Kiss. ;D
    Anyways, glad you had fun! :D<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful. I know a few people who have been to Italy and no one has complained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine someone would dislike Italy!

      Delete
  7. I looks like you had a fabulous time! One of these days I'll get over there. Glad you made it back home safely even though you wouldn't mind going right back. ;)

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, Italy 've always wanted to go there. such a beautiful country! Especially Venice. Looks like you had a great time there :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I really wanted to visit Venice, but my parents thought it was too far for now :( Bummer.

      Delete
  9. I'm so incredibly jealous! It looks like you had such a wonderful time, and what gorgeous things you saw! Thank you for sharing your photos, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are sooo beautiful! Super jealous but so happy you were able to travel to Italy and take these pics. Seriously, these are just beyond gorgeous. Glad you had such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, I got here before you pulled the veil of anonymity back up :D Sounds like you had an amazing trip, all the sites seem so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us :)

    Alise @ Readers in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll leave those pictures for a few days, but glad you liked it :D

      Delete
  12. "recap in a short blog post"
    Pffft, who says it needs to be a short recap post? ITALYITALYITALY.

    "(If you interested in them of course?)"
    Yeah we are! And swimming every day sounds so great and relaxing and I kind of wish this unveiling of anonymity would also involve pics of you in this cap you refer to.

    The waterfall looks like it's coming from some magazine ad. So pretty! And the castello and duomo and and and. Everything, even Juliet's boob lol.

    Mel, like Alise said, so glad to have seen the pics before the veil of anonymity was put back in place! So glad you seemed to have had a great time :). Beautiful pictures and thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. I checked and I have exactly 1146 pictures. That would be a bit too much :p And noooo way. The picture with the cap is aweful. It looks like I have something growing out of the back of my head, because I have so much hair.

      Delete
  13. Love all the pictures!! It looks like you had an amazing time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh,wow. You had the perfect vacation.
    I was in Verona as well but it was a school trip so I took a picture with Juliet(there was no boob touching involved) among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look lovely in those pictures! I'm glad you had a fun time. :D

    Thanks for the pics! <33

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Mel, did I mention that I was jealous? I did? Well I am. Looks like you had such an amazing time! Loved the pictures...glad you shared them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaah, that place looks amazing! I want to go too.

    And it's nice that it didn't rain, didn't it? I don't mind it raining when I'm at home, but on a trip? It's enough to spoil everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm not a fan of raining when I'm home, but on vacation is always a shame.

      Delete
  18. Awesome pics, so glad you enjoyed your stay! I love Italy, and since it's a neighboring country, I never visit enough... Shame, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was closer, so I could step by now and then :p

      Delete
  19. I loved the pictures, they're gorgeous!!! I'm glad you had a great time! :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab photos and it's good to see you! Italy's on my bucket list and this reminds me why :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Italy is beautiful and you're so cute! Love all the pictures you took and it is the best vacation when the weather is beautiful; not too cold or too hot.

    Also, had no idea that touching Juliet's boob was one of the things to do in Italy. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thanks! I didn't know about it either until I saw everybody pushing each other around :p

      Delete
  22. Love all your pictures! Looks like you had a super great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, it looks and sounds like you had such a great time! I'm so glad you shared the pictures, and it's great to get a glimpse of what you look like! (:

    I had no idea touching Juliet's boob was the thing people did, and I neve thought I would write those words online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it felt a bit strange to type it as well :p

      Delete
  24. I'm jealous of your amazing trip and that you got to cop a feel on the statue! ;)

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous pics, Mel! Welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks like you had a great time (and now I want to go to Italy too :)! Love the pictures! Esp. the boob one :P
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture is definitely a highlight huh :p

      Delete
  27. This is all so beautiful! You look like you had a blast, Mel!

    My favorite is the picture with Juliet's boob! haha

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm glad you had such a great time! I can't wait to visit Italy in September. I'm giggling over the photo of you touching THE BOOB. You're so cute, though! And the scenery and architecture is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I also laugh when I see that picture. It was so strange to stand there with my hand on a statue's boob :p

      Delete
  29. Aww, guess I missed the pictures of you. Too bad! But your pictures of the buildings and architecture are lovely!! Gah, I SO wish they still made buildings with the amount of detail like this nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. You just keep looking around at all the details.

      Delete
  30. ooh wow you're so lucky to have been in Italy!! Those pictures are utterly BEAUTIFUL!! and LOL at touching Juliette's boobs!! hahahaha! Thanks for sharing!!!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awww I'm sorry I missed the dropping of the anonymity veil and pictures of feeling up Juliet (LOL). That's what I get for being late to the party I guess >.< Anyhoo, thanks so much for sharing pictures of what seems to be an absolutely AMAZING trip to Italy! Wow, the scenery, buildings and weather seem to have been just perfect too! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, feeling up Juliet, and you are welcome :D!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0