Friday, August 30, 2013 21:58

Book Superlatives.

bookish-superlatives

Jamie from The Perpetual Pageturner released another survey where we answer questions with characters and book titles.


Characters:

Most Likely To Change The World.
Yelena from the Study series by Maria Snyder. She is a Soulfinder and quite powerful.

Cutest Couple.
Augustus and Hazel from The fault in our stars – John Green.

Class Clown.
Probably Alexia from Parasol Protectorate. I can see her in front of the class making fun of the teacher with sarcastic replies.

Most Likely To Become Famous For Their Athletic/Musical/Artistic Abilities.
Deidre from Ballad – Maggie Stiefvater. She is already in a private conservatory for musicians.

All Around Good Person.
Elisa from Girl of fire and thorns. I adore her.

Biggest Flirt.
Sturmhond from Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. He can flirt with me anytime.

Most Likely To Be Fought Over.
Chaol from Throne of glass by Sarah Maas. I’ve already seen some discussions on twitter, haha.

Mostly Likely To Be Friends Forever.
Carey and Jenessa from If you find me – Emily Murdoch. These two sisters have such a strong bond.

Most Likely To Have Their Own Reality Show.
Nikki, Cole and Jack from Everneath by Brodi Ashton. Would be quite interesting to see this triangle in real life.

Most Unique.
No doubt: Cinder from Marissa Meyer.

Most Likely To Survive An Apocalypse.
Allie from The immortal rules by Julie Kagawa. She is a vampire and she already fights against zombie-ish creatures.

Most Likely To Be A Villain.
Morpheus from Splintered, but I still like him.

Biggest Wallflower.
Sloane from This is not a test – Courtney Summers.

Most Likely To Break YOUR Heart.
Duval (Grave Mercy – Robin LaFevers), because he and Ismae are a perfect couple and I still want him.

Most Changed.
Angie Chapman. From having no memories to accepting everything that’s going on in your life. She is so strong.

Most Likely To Get Arrested.
Eva and Addie from What’s left of me, being the illegal two souls in one body.

Self Proclaimed God/Goddess.
Puck from Iron Fey – Julie Kagawa, but it’s not annoying.

Best Person To Bring Home To Mom & Dad.
Fred from Poison by Bridget Zinn. Hello cutie pie!

Books:

Most Likely To Make You Cry.
Leigh Bardugo – Ruin and rising, because it’s the last one from this series.

Dares To Be Different (in world, plot, storytelling, etc.)
Again: Cinder from Marissa Meyer.

Best Dressed (pretty cover!).
There are many covers I like, but Shadow and bone – Leigh Bardugo stands out.

Most Likely To Make You Swoon.
My life next door.

Loveliest Prose.
Of course: The book thief by Markus Zusak.

Most Likely To Be A Favorite Of 2013.
George R.R Martin – A game of thrones.

Most Likely To Change The World (or change your life).
Keep holding on by Susane Colasanti, because it’s about bullying and I’ve been there.

Book You Are Most Likely To Keep Putting Off.
All the series from Cassandra Clare around the Mortal Instruments. Enough is enough..

Most Likely To End Up As Christmas Gifts For Everyone You Know.
Any book from Juliet Marillier will do.

Most Likely To Be Thrown.
Marked from Kristin & P.C Cast.

Most Likely To Be Reread More Than Once.
Robin LaFevers – Dark Triumph.

Most Likely To Make You Read Through An Earthquake Because It’s THAT Engrossing.
Crown of Midnight by Sarah Maas.

Most Likely To Be Passed On To Your Children.
Harry Potter, duh!

Most Likely To Break Your Heart Into A Million Pieces.
Jodi Lynn Anderson – Tiger Lily. It made me tear up once and this is such a beautiful story, it will do it most likely again.

Most Likely To Brighten Up Your Day.
Of beast and beauty from Stacey Jay.

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

36 comments:

  1. I'll have to pick up Crown of Midnight! I'm so psyched for that book.

    Great picks! I agree with pretty much all of them. Especially "Most likely to get thrown", lol. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Augustus and Hazel are an amazing couple :)

    I really need to pick up Of Beast And Beauty, I've heard nothing but amazing things!

    Christy @ Christy's Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first book in the Poison Study series and I'm excited to read it :) and I definitely agree about Cinder! Great picks

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with the cutest couple! Love August and Hazel. Even though I didn't like The Immortal Rules all that much, I have to agree that girl is pretty badass. She could definitely survive an Apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame you didn't like the book, but yes, she is kick ass :D

      Delete
  5. Great picks! My favorite would probably be your "Most likely to brighten your day" Of Beast and Beauty. Definitely one of my favorite fairy tale retellings =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I will have to join this survey by Jaime. It really looks fun. The other survey that you answered was really hard but this one, I think I can manage. Hmmmn... Maybe I should head out to Jamie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to do this survey! It's so fun!

    Love Augustus and Hazel, though most heartbreaking couple would fit more. Elisa is AMAZING. Morpheus is definitely an interesting character. :) Puck is delightful and I'd love to have a Fred to bring home, haha. The Book Thief is just a gorgeously written book, Of Beast and Beauty is great, and I am definitely passing on HP!

    Sara at The Page Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, heartbreaking fits them too. The book thief <3

      Delete
  8. I love this so much, and your answers! Hazel and Gus are definitely one of my favorite couples of all time but I'm not sure they're #1...I think my ultimate ship is Ron and Hermione! :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Jamie's surveys! They're always so cool!

    Definitely agree with My Life Next Door for the swoon! I may do this myself later :D

    - Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Gus and Hazel are the cutest! Rudy and Liesel from The Book Thief is another fav of mine.

    Thanks for sharing, Mel! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is it possible I didn't think of those two? :|

      Delete
  11. This is a cool survey! I'm tempted to do one but I'm afraid I haven't read enough books to do this haha xD I agree that Shadow and Bone has a pretty cover and pretty font! <3 can't wait to read the second book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fun survey, and I loved all of your answers. There are some books here I need to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so cool!! and YEAAA Cinder is definitely the most unique!! I LOVED HER!! Great post, Mel! It was very entertaining to read!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun and cool survey! I really loved a lot of your answers, while others proved I need to expand my TBR pile...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yelena from the Study series by Maria Snyder. She is a Soulfinder and quite powerful. <-- how awesome! Someone dropped the first title into the recommended feature for me, and I'm looking forward to finally getting into the series :). I love love love strong heroines and if she's nominated to change the world? Hell yeah!

    Class Clown.
    Probably Alexia from Parasol Protectorate. <-- EEEE YAY I am soon going to read the first book for this series, so I am SO looking forward to some great humor. I'm kind of silly myself so class clown? Yessss.

    Most Likely To Become Famous For Their Athletic/Musical/Artistic Abilities.
    Deidre from Ballad – Maggie Stiefvater. She is already in a private conservatory for musicians. <-- Maggie Stiefvater might as well too. Have you listened to her music for her books? So awesome.

    Most Likely To Be Fought Over.
    Chaol from Throne of glass by Sarah Maas. I’ve already seen some discussions on twitter, haha. <-- Me too! It's cool to see how much of the fandom is rising in support. It reminds me of when Siege and Storm was getting a lot, a lot of reviews and everyone said TEAM STURMHOND.

    Most Unique.
    No doubt: Cinder from Marissa Meyer. <-- Too true. Though Cress may beat her out soon, eh? Hacker, living on the moon and all...

    Self Proclaimed God/Goddess.
    Puck from Iron Fey – Julie Kagawa, but it’s not annoying. <-- Definitely not! The series wouldn't be what it is if not for Puck and his GREAT humor. Oooh, also Grim is like a God too. A cat god. :)

    Omguh. Ruin and Rising. I had such feels after Shadow and Bone and some after Siege and Storm, and now I don't know I'll be ready for R&R. o.O.

    Most Likely To Make You Swoon.
    My life next door. <-- YES YES YES. Jase is to me what Duval is to you, it sounds like :).

    Alsoooo I bought the Book Thief. Hehe. Can't wait to read this prose you speak of :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poison study was good!
      The parasol protectorate series is awesome! :D
      No, I haven't. I will check her music.
      Sturmhond, Chaol, Thorne, Duval, I feel overwhelmed by all the fantastic males I come across lately, haha.
      I can't wait for Cress!
      I love Grimalkin.
      Ruin and Rising is going to break me <3 I know it.

      YES! YES! I just know you are going to love it.

      Delete
  16. Jamie really comes up with the most original ideas for Friday Fun, doesn't she?! I haven't read a lot of the books whose characters you listed here, but those I agree with:

    1. Biggest flirt - STURMHOND. 'Nuff said.
    2. Most likely to have their own reality show - These three! So entertaining, but so heartbreaking at the same time. </3
    3. Most likely to survive an apocalypse - Hell, I think Allie survived an apocalypse of her own, and that was turning into a vampire and then going on to save the world. But wait... Book Three isn't out yet.
    4. Biggest wallflower - Ha, I half expected you to say Charlie. But yeah, Sloane does sound like that.
    5. Book most likely to make you cry - OMG SAME. I can't believe this amazing series is coming to an end. I just can't-
    6. Best dressed - Again, agreed.
    7. Book you are most likely to keep putting off - I haven't even read TMI yet, but I'm already feeling annoyed because Cassie Clare seems like an author who doesn't know when to stop! I'm not sure how much longer the book community will take this...
    8. Most likely to be passed on to your children - At least you have your priorities right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Exactly!
      2. Agreed.
      3. Haha, yes, that's true.
      5. :( I know.
      7. It's ridiculous how many series there are on Goodreads. Just finish something and do something else please!
      8. HA, of course ;)

      Delete
  17. Nice list! :) Too bad I haven't read all the books you picked yet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sturmhond for flirt is perfect-he will...with anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read a lot of these books, but I totally agree with the ones I HAVE read. I love that you listed Cinder twice. Such a great book. I still need to read Tiger Lily. I'm sort of intimidated by it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0