Friday, September 13, 2013 09:26

Feature & Follow 24.

I prefer that you subscribe through RSS (which directs to Feedly) or Bloglovin'.
Hosted by: Allison can read.

Q: It is up to you to do a Kickstarter campaign for your favorite book! Who are you casting for the main characters.
I think it’s clear by now that one of my favorite books is Markus Zusak – The book thief. This book is filled with great characters, an impressive storyline, beautiful prose and an interesting POV (it’s told by Death). That is why I’m terrified for the upcoming movie, but I must say: I’m impressed with their casting so far. The trailer gave me chills and positive feelings, so I’m starting to warm up for the idea.



Nonetheless, I thought it would be fun to cast my own main characters. Starting with Max, the Jew they hide in their basement. I think THE perfect actor would be: Adrien Brody. You might now him from the great movie ‘The pianist.’ This man has the name ‘Max’ written all over his face.
Adrien Brody
I really have no complaints when it comes to the casting from Sophie Nélisse as Liesl. The first name I could think of was Chloë Grace Moretz. She is Mindy/Hit girl in Kick-ass. She has that sweet look. Another girl is Maisie Williams, who plays Arya Stork in Game of Thrones. She has that mischievous look from Liesl.
MV5BMTk4NzAzODY3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjExNDE5Ng@@._V1_SY317_CR31,0,214,317_MV5BMTkwNDQ3MjY1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQzMzEzOQ@@._V1_SY317_CR16,0,214,317_
Geoffrey Rush as Hans is another epic casting. I think he can portray the gentle Hans perfectly, so again: no complaints. Another one I could think of is Anthony Hopkins. He has that sweet fatherly/grandfather look and this man is a genius. He can take over every role he plays, so I would trust him to play Hans.MV5BMTg5ODk1NTc5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjAwOTI4._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_I don’t know the actress who is going to play Rosa and I feel ‘meh’ about her. I really need to see more of her. I think I imagined Rose more as Pam Ferris, who plays the principle in the lovely movie Matilda.
MV5BMTc0MDA3ODAxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEwMTkwNA@@._V1_SY317_CR20,0,214,317_
I have no opinion about the casting of Rudy, but one that feels perfect for me is another actor from Game of Thrones. Isaac Hempstead Wright plays Bran and he has the looks and radiation I look for in Rudy.
MV5BMjkyMjUyNzUyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk4NzI0OQ@@._V1_SY317_CR20,0,214,317_
Frau Heinrich isn’t a main character, but I think Lena Heady (yes, another Game of thrones actor, known as Cersei) would be great. Especially when she has her hair like this:
MV5BMTM5MDMxMjM1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA3Nzc5MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_
And while I’m busy with Game of thrones actors, why not thrown another name in the group. There is this role for SS officer and yes, that isn’t a main character either, but I think that Nikolaj Coster-Walda (also known as Jaime Allister) is great for that role. He is great in capturing that air and arrogance I expect for such a role.
MV5BMTA2NjE1NjA3NzReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDUxMjE5NDI@._V1_SY317_CR131,0,214,317_

So, how do you feel about this casting? Are you looking forward to the movie and what do you think about the real cast? And if you haven’t read the book, read it! You’re not going to regret it.

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

47 comments:

  1. i've been wanting to read the book thief for so long! I also love Game of Thrones, great cast! new follower :)

    Crim Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just seen an author friend mention that The Book Thief is being made into a movie. I have to read it! Adrien Brodie and Anthony Hopkins are SUPERB actors! I'll take your word for it (as I will the author who loves this book) and I'm going to add it to my ever growing TBR list! Thanks, Mel!

    Old Bloglovin' follower.

    Sandra @ SSBF Blog

    Here’s my FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a perfect casting for The Book Thief! I think the actual castings are really good as well, but I do like your list. I just discovered your blog through FF - new follower! :)

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have yet to read this book. I can't wait to read it. New GFC follower. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! You went all out on this one! Me, not so much!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really felt like I could capture the characters with good actors, so I went for it :)

      Delete
  6. I seriously cannot wait for The Book Thief movie as I fell in love with the book. I am just hoping it goes perfectly. >.<

    Thanks for sharing, chick! <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh wow... I have never read The Book Thief so I'm guessing I better do that soon.. lol! That cast is impressive! Isaac looks adorable!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how many GOT characters you have in this - I think the girl who plays Arya would make a great Liesel too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing the amazing TV show made me realize that they were great for these characters :p

      Delete
  9. I have The Book Thief right now so I can read it. I know that everyone raves about it! I'm now following you via Bloglovin'!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great casting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Friday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/feature-and-follow-64.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well honestly everyone in the internet talking about this book.And then I saw the trailer and I was hooked.I don't like to read historical(any) book but I wanna watch the movie.


    New follower via gfc
    Booker Like a Hooker's FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sheesh...I was OK with the casting for this one originally, but now I think I like yours better! Particularly Liesl and Hans - I love the idea of Chloe Grace Moretz! And while I agree on Geoffrey Rush is perfect for Hans, I do think Anthony Hopkins would be even one notch more perfect :)

    New GFC follower...

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, great cast! I absolutely agree with your choices for Max and Liesl, although I'm not sure Lena Heady works for me and Frau Heinrich. She's much prettier than I imagined the character in my head. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, but I think they could make her look a bit more messed up to fit Frau Heinrich.

      Delete
  14. I need to read the book thief! It's in my Kindle but I can't seem to find the time. With your casting in mind, I will try it soon.
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Book Thief! I'm so excited that this will actually be a movie. I see you must love The Game of Thrones a lot. Have you also read the books?

    --Brenda @Daily Mayo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently reading part 2, because I'm waiting for the next season of the TV show :D

      Delete
  16. I haven't read this yet but I have heard so much about it. Definitely need to read it soon. Love your casting choices. New Bloglovin follower :-) Thanks for stopping by my FF

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohmygod there is totally a theme here. I approve of the Game of Thrones lovin'! :D

    ReplyDelete

  18. I saw that you were following my blog (you commented), but I was wondering how?

    I'm following you via bloglovin'.

    -Emily @ Emily Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel the same way about The Book Thief! I was quite nervous when I found out that the release date had been pulled forward (from 2014) as I immediately thought that they hadn't been giving it the time and attention that the book deserved. But the casting has been pretty fantastic and the trailer looks so much better than what I thought it might. And I have to say, I prefer your choice for Rudy! The one in the movie might just be brilliant, but he's younger looking than what I had in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what I thought too, but I hope it works when I see him in the actual movie :)

      Delete
  20. Aw, love the post :D Though I have not read The Book Thief yet.. but I do want to read it, since I enjoyed the movie trailer. Think your dream cast looks awesome ;) Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post!

    I'm now following your blog!

    Here's my post - http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-friday-17.html

    Xo, - Cary.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! This would be an amazing movie! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new Bloglovin follower!

    Kathy
    http://mynookbooksnmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have yet to read The Book Thief (don't shoot me! lol) but I am doing a read-a-long in Oct. This looks like a great cast though!

    Great pick!
    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't read this one yet, but I love the concept and really really want to read it. Fun Idea of recasting a film that's already cast!

    Following back on BL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've not read The Book Thief, but with your description and cast it's going to be added to my TBR. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  26. I actually haven't read The Book Thief yet :/ although I need to! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I Haven't read The Book Thief but you have cast some great actors.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a very thorough casting! I think it would work well. I hope they do as good as you have when they really go to cast this movie :)
    Kim @ YA Asylum

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've read like 1/4 of The Book Thief and I haven't seen the new cast yet (though I heard Emma got cast so this makes me happy).

    I liked seeing all your Game of Thrones cast picks for this lol :D

    Thanks for stopping by, followed back on Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that you picked so many Game of Thrones actors!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whew! I will try to answer your question after I read The Book Thief, Mel. :D November is already fast approaching. Will I ever get to read it with so many books to read along the way? *sighs*

    Old follower here. :D And thanks for stopping by my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your cast! I have yet to read The Book Thief, but I just saw the trailer and I got cold chills. I love Chloe, but I really do like the lead that they picked for the movie. She has that same innocence and toughness that Chloe has :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Eeep, I've yet to read The Book Thief (next month!). My reward after reading the book is to watch the trailer but I do love the cast you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, that's an awesome cast! The only one I might feel so-so about is Max. Wasn't he blond in the book? I mean, even the actor they cast is brunette so I can't be sure. Anyway, I don't have a problem with the one in the movie. He looks Max-y. And Geoffrey Rush! I LOVE that man. Love him! He'll make a terrific Hans. The girl who is playing Liesel in the movie looks great too , but Chloe Grace Moretz is a good choice. Granted, she might be a little old. All in all, I'm very pleased with the casting of the movie (and yours!), even though the woman who plays Rosa seems, I dunno, detached? Which I suppose Rosa is. I always pictured her as the woman who plays Ron Weasley's mother, though. She could pull off a fantastic Rosa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0