Saturday, October 12, 2013 14:24

Read-a-thon Wonderfully Wicked.

The Wonderfully Wicked Read-A-Thon is a time when we all get together to dedicate the days of October 11-20 to as much reading as possible. You read as much as you can in order to get yourself a little further through that huge to-read pile! We know real life gets in the way and even if you can’t participate more than one day, you’re welcome to join in on the fun!

You can find all the read-a-thons I've done so far on my page: Read-a-thons 2013.

I hope to read at least 6 books, but more importantly: I'm just going to have fun :D Are you participating in this event? Leave a link to your post and I'll pay a visit!

Read:
1. Bree Despain - The shadow prince.
2. Leigh Bardugo - Witch of Duva.
3. Leigh Bardugo - The tailor.
4. Leigh Bardugo - The too-clever fox.
5. Anthology - Once upon a time, new fairy tales.
6. Marissa Meyer - Cress.
7. Marissa Meyer - The queen's army.
8. Robin Bridges - The gathering storm.


Currently reading: 
-Stacey Jay - Of beast and beauty.
-Marissa Meyer - Cress (YES I KNOW (L))
-Erin Shanower - Oz: the marvelous land of Oz (comic)
-Robin Bridges - The gathering storm.
-Anthology - Once upon a time, new fairy tales.

Update 10/13:
I'm now also reading Oz: The marvelous land of Oz by Eric Shanower, a comic book. I've finished three stories in the anthology. I haven't read any further in Of beast and beauty, because I have an exam coming up and my head is filled with information :p Shorter stories are preferred now.

Update 10/14:
When I went through some of the links I saved in 'my pocket' I found the novella's from Leigh Bardugo. I still had the short-story-mood and I loved them! They are technically no books, but I'm going to include them anyway. I don't review them on my blog, but you can see my short opinion on Goodreads if you are interested.

Update 10/15:
*SCREAMS* Marissa Meyer - Cress came into the mail today (which I borrowed from my lovely friend Christina over at Christina reads YA), so of course I need to get started right away! I also finished the anthology. Wasn't the best, but there were some interesting stories (will post my review somewhere next week).

Update 10/16.
Not much reading time. I first went and watched The mortal instruments: City of bones with my sister (which I immensely enjoyed. I was very surprised and I found it much better than the book!) After that, I had to study for my important test. I did have some time in the evening to read and I read some pages from Cress & The gathering storm.

Update 10/17.
My test sucked and I was not really in a happy mood. I spend a lot of time commenting on some of my favorite blogs and in the evening I read in Cress 'til page 220. IT'S SO GOOD.

Update 10/18.
I had such a fun day. I went to my grandmother and grandfather with my sister and we dined with them. We are incredibly close with them, but with our busy lives at the moment we don't see them as much as we used to. Great way to catch up! I only got to read some Cress in the evening after watching Despicable me 2, which was adorable :D

Update 10/19.I finally had enough time and I read Cress in that sitting. I flew through the pages and this book is definitely worth the wait. I don't know how Marissa Meyer does it, but she is so gifted and talented. If you haven't started this series yet, you're missing out on something amazing!

Update 10/20.
Already the last day :( I wish I had more time, but I've reached my goal (even though 3 of them are novella's) and I hope to finish The gathering storm today - perhaps even another book. We'll see tonight. EDIT: Finished The gathering storm and I've read the novella from Marissa Meyer. I managed to read Marvelous land of Oz 'til page 100 and Leah Cypess - Death Sworn 'til page 94.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

37 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. This challenge is exactly what I need. But then again, I'm frantic to read as much books as I can all the freaking time. Lol.

    Good luck, Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of Beast and Beauty, That reminds me I really want to pick that one up! Good luck with your readathon!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your readathon goals Mel! :D
    I'll love to join, but I have so many tests coming up, plus Pokemon X and Y were released today. Too many other things calling for my attention right now. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with all the other things ;) and good luck with you tests!

      Delete
  4. I've never done a read a thon or challenge, looks like I need to do one soon, I'm missing out on all the fun! :O

    Happy reading, Mel! <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Of Beauty and Beast, ooh maybe I could squeeze that one in..LOL Good luck on your goals and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the readathon! I'm so busy trying to comment back on blogs, studying for PSAT, my Goodreads book club I'm so sad I can't join! Of Beauty and Beasts sounds amazing!

    Happy Reading Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your PSAT! :) (Although I have no idea what it means, lol)

      Delete
  7. I want to read Of Beauty and Beast. Good luck on your read-a-thon, Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're doing good! If you're keeping this up you'll read more then 6 :)
    My update

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of Beast and Beauty is an amazing retelling! Good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know Bree Despain had a new book coming out, I'll have to check it out! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've actually been looking around for a read-a-thon to join this week. I'll go look at this one and see about signing up. Good luck reading a ton! :)

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with reaching your goal :) I love doing read-a-thons! They're super fun!

    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, I'm participating in this one, too! I love how low pressure it is, and that I can really just sort of do my own thing. I'm amazed you're trying for 6 books! I only chose 4, just because I haven't read more than a single book in a week's time in a LONG time. I've already finished my first one, though, so I consider that a good start! :)

    My post is here if you'd like to visit me!

    ~Merin @ Read and Reviewed~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to challenge myself now and then :D I'll go and stop by your post!

      Delete
  14. You read anthologies too? Do you like super heroes? I'm reviewing a hero/villain one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, especially when it comes to fairy tales ;) I'll check it out!

      Delete
  15. Hala! Good luck to you for embarking on a new endeavor, Mel. Sounds really tempting but I don't think I have enough time to participate in Read-a-thons these days. Maybe I'll just have to content myself cheering for you.

    And I also got The Shadow Prince ages ago because it was readily accessible in EW. Egmont is so generous.

    Have fun reading your books, Mel! Go go go, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always join low pressure read-a-thons like this :) It's more about the fun together, because I don't always challenge myself to the max. And yes, that's why I got The Shadow Prince too!

      Thanks :D

      Delete
  16. I love read-athons Mel, and lately I've been really slacking reading-wise, so this would definitely give me the extra push to read more! I hope you get to read loads of great books! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with this, Mel! I've got full confidence that you'll be able to finish those six books in that one week and four days. I wish I could join, but life is getting in the way every day, so I probably won't be able to participate at all. :( I can't wait for your thoughts on OF BEAST AND BEAUTY! And yep, most importantly, have fun, and don't stress yourself out. We don't want you going into a reading slump/frenzy!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the pace I have lately, I think I'll be able to read more books. It really depends on how much time I have to put into studying. Tomorrow a new test *fingers crossed* And yes, I don't want to force myself into reading too much, especially not with such fun and low-pressure read-a-thons. It's a shame you can't participate :(

      Delete
  18. Short stories are great for readathons! Keep up the good work and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in desperate need of a readathon! I never have to time for it though but I wish you lots of luck! I haven't read any of those Leigh Bardugo short stories yet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really want to read Of Beast and Beauty and the Shadow Prince looks really good! I love Leigh Bardugo, but I haven't read her novellas yet. Good luck with your reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're doing good! I managed to finish 2 of the books I've started :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are doing great! Good luck on your exam!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome challenge :D I hope you are having fun. <3 and good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So far you're doing great, so keep up :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good luck with your goals, but it looks like you don't need it. I keep hearing good things about Cress. I need to find time to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are doing so well! Keep it up! :)
    And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did really well and finished strong! Way to go!!! I still need to read all those novellas. I just love both of those series so they are must reads for me. :)

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0