'Mel on reading' is a little feature I created as part of my Fairytale news. It's my way to show my thoughts on topics that go from pet peeves in reading to my favorite things in books.
I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I always find it hard to explain why I love to read. I truly believe I was born a reader and books complete my life. I’ve always been passionate about books and when I think about reading, my heart makes a happy jump and I get this warm, happy feeling. I’m proud to be a bookworm, so I’ve been thinking about it for a while and I’ve tried to come up with some reasons that makes reading important to me. The best way to show what I’m trying to say is using pictures that illustrate it. You can find all these pictures on my Pinterest board: “Reading is a way of life.”
1. I get to explore all these amazing worlds. It’s traveling without moving.What’s better than being able to site in a chair with your head in another world?
2. I make new friends with characters I can connect with, I can swoon over boys without troubles from the boyfriend (haha) and they are always there.
The best part? They will never judge you and they take you on their adventures.
3. Escaping reality. I love my life, but it’s sometimes wonderful to leave it behind to enjoy the comfort of another world.When I feel stressed, I love to forget that for a moment by diving into someone else’s life.
4. For a moment, I get to be someone else. I can be heroic and brave. I can be a total kick-ass.
Who doesn’t want to slay a dragon or be an assassin sometimes? We can be anything and anyone for a moment!
5. Not to forget that it’s scientific proven that reading has shown good effects on the brains and overall health!Just read this article and see for yourself: Benefits of reading. And that's only the beginning.
6. There is so much wisdom in books.
Reading showed me so many things I can use in real life. Some books are really a part of my life now, because they've showed & learned me valuable things.
7. I make friends all over the world.
This shy girl who is afraid of meeting new people, got to meet some Dutch booklovers – and we are now a book club! I never imagined this would happen and I'm so happy about it!
So to make a long story short, reading is the best. How about you?