Sunday, February 16, 2014 06:00

Love-a-thon: spreading the love.

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon 2014
This is one of the things I love about the love-a-thon: spreading some bookish loves. I’ve tried to include as many of my favourite blogs as possible, but if you aren’t mentioned: you’re still awesome!


Best Blog Design.
I have several designs I really like. Fluttereal Flight has such a soft colour scheme. Hopeless Romantics features my favorite fairytale. The midnight garden has a gorgeous header. Papergrey always changes between gorgeous designs, I love grey. Paperiot, again, I love grey and simplistic designs. Gypsy reviews, I love the colours! The authoress simple and easy on the eyes.

Best Weekly Feature.
I really like Jessi’s  (Novel Heartbeat) feature ‘Life of a blogger.’ It’s fun to get to know bloggers on a more personal level. The career topic has been my favourite one so far.

Best Discussion Posts. 
I love reading discussion posts. There are several features I always follow and I can choose between them, so I will list them for you:
-The quiet concert: Thoughts for Thursday.
-The paper sea: Thought waves.
-Queen Ella Bee reads: Friday Coffee Clutch.
-Effortlessly reading: Let’s speculate.
-Snuggly Oranges: Book nerd problems.
-Tea between books: Let me talk.
-Aeropapers: Bookish verbosity.
-Oh Chrys often has thoughtful discussions.

Friendliest Blogger. 
Asti from A bookish heart. There is a sweet tone in all her posts and I found her adorable in the video’s she made for THG bookish games. Aylee from Recovering Potter addict also sounds like a very kind blogger.

Most Helpful Reviews.
Without a doubt, my blogging friend Christina over at Christina reads YA. I love her system and how she always seems to find the right words. I always find myself nodding alongside her review and she could have been the ‘friendliest blogger’ too. Her comments are the best and I also recommend her Bookish rounds! Sam from Realm of Fiction also manages to write beautiful reviews.

Favorite Bloggers To Fangirl With. 
If you follow Amber from Books of Amber on twitter, you know what I’m talking about. Amber is one of the best fangirls I know. I especially like talking about OUAT with her and some other girls & she is part of the Disney Journey club :D.

And these are the categories I’ve added:

Favorite come-back.

Kelly – Pretty little liar. Kelly was the blogger from Radiant Shadows and she is finally back with her brand-new blog! I’m very happy with her return.

Favorite new discovered blogger.
Ellis from The Random Transliterator.  I like her humoristic tone. And Potterhead reviews, because of the awesome blogging name. Utterly bookish, pretty design.

Best surveys.
Flip that page. I don’t know how Jasmine does it, but she always comes up with these creature surveys and I love filling them out. She even inspired me to make my own version, which will be up soon (fairy tale themed!)

Best blogger.
A reader of fictions. Christina is a perfect blogger! She manages to post so many well-thought reviews and I really like her cover snark. I’m always amazed by how many books she reads.

Best other bookish blog.
Recaptains. If you don’t have the time to re-read and you still want to know what happened in the previous book(s), this is the website you need to visit.

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

36 comments:

  1. I feel super super honored to have made this list. I am so glad Ash and I added a discussion feature to our blog and even happier that others are enjoying it. It's been so much fun for us.

    You listed some amazing blogs here. Some of my favorites as well but some new to me that I will need to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing blogs for me to discover, thanks for this awesome post Mel! The lovathon is an awesome idea :) Lots of bloggy love for you too!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will find lots of new bloggers to follow!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Mel! :D I'm so glad that you love my blog design: Mitchii's just the best, isn't she? ^^ You've listed a lot of other bloggers I've come to love too :)
    Thank you Mel, and you're one of my favorite bloggers and inspiration; you're always so sweet and dedicated, and I can see it through your posts! :D <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you to say, thank you so much Emily :D

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this post! I'm pretty new to the whole blogging scene so having this post has allowed me to discover some amazing blogs (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have definitely mentioned so many of my favorite bloggers as well! A few of them are new names so I will for sure be visiting. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, Emily's blog is absolutely gorgeous!

    Fab post! <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw thank you Mel for mentioning me ^^ Oo I see some unfamiliar bloggers so I'm going to check them out :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh thanks for mentioning me! I've found a ton of new blogs to follow through this post so, again, thanks! I've been thinking of doing something alike and mentioning my newly found book blogs in a post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the blogs you chose for best blog design, especially Fluttereal Flight and Gypsy reviews! :) "Let Me Talk" posts from Tea Between Books are always interesting. As for the others, I'll definitely have to check them out! :)

    Aimee @ Read by the Undead

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! I have discovered some new blogs, and that is always awesome! I agree Sam's reviews are always so well written and Recaptains had pretty much saved me from re-reading a ton of books. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. The recaptains site is a SO HELPFUL. I use it all the time now. And I'm so glad Kelly made a return to blogging too. I adore her reviews. Thanks so much for the mention, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Mel! I'm very happy to be the best fangirl in your opinion. <3

    I love Jessi's Life of a Blogger feature, and would love to take part in that in the future. I agree, it's great to get to know bloggers more personally.

    Asti and Aylee are both lovely!

    YES to Kelly being the favourite come-back. I'm so glad she returned. And Ellis is brilliant, I love her.

    I'm looking forward to seeing more about this survey you have coming up!

    And thank you so much for mentioning Recaptains! So glad it's useful to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no better fangirl I know off! I can't wait to post my survey :D

      Delete
  13. This is literally the cutest thing ever coming from a guy. :) Hope you had a great week Mel and I loved reading this post!

    Happy Reading!
    Patrick @ The Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are some fabulous recommendations! So great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, so many amazing blogs :D I need to check some of them out. <3 Thank you for sharing Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many great blogs on here! Recaptains got one of my awards, too. I haven't been to your blog in so long, but I love your new (newish? new to me!) design! Our blogs have like a matching color scheme going on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My design is pretty new yes, it changed at the end of January :D

      Delete
  17. Lots of blogs now to stalk! I can only hope to discover a tiny bit of their creativity and can enjoy learning more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for nominating me! It made me feel all warm and fuzzy, lol. There are so many great blogs on this list! I absolutely love the Recaptains. When I'm not in the mood to re-read an entire series, they make it really easy to catch up on anything I might have missed. I'm definitely in love with their blog, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cover snark too =) and so many blogs for me to discover. YAY now I'm off to go check out all the blogs you've mentioned =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eeep, I'm so happy to see Bookish Verbosity there. It makes me giddy to see that people liked the design I made for Emily. <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this lova-a-thon event! So many great posts and I get to learn about other blogs. Thanks for featuring my blog! I'll definitely need to take a look at some of the other links you've posted =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for featuring my design, Mel!! :D It makes me so happy to see that so many people have noticed my design and love it! All credit goes to Mitchii; she's such a wonderful and talented girl to work with, and I've never been more happy! :3
    There are definitely so many people that I look up to in this list, and some new ones, so yay for a new opportunity to discover more blogs!! :)
    Thank you so much for featuring me in your list, Mel!! You have no idea how happy I feel to see this :) <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I'm glad I could share some of my happiness from that day! :D

      Delete
  23. Mellllllll!

    I have SO many feels right now. I am SO honored. :) Though I feel like I should have something amazing to say, I'm terrible at accepting compliments, so just know that this made my day. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0