Highlights this month:
-We went on a nice diner for my parents 25-year marriage with my sister and boyfriend. I had a tasty mixed grill and peach sorbet.
-Went to a little market in our city center where I ate fried vegetable chips, which is very tasty!
-Stopped at a playground near my house when I came back for school, where I read in the sun for two glorious hours.
-High Tea with my mother, her best friend and my sister. It was delicious. Here is one of the pictures for the sweets, but there were also warm scones, vegetarian wraps with cheese and salmon + chicken sandwiches.
-Saw the last Dutch football game (against Mexico) with two friends from my boyfriend. We also played some shooters.
-Book club meeting! We were supposed to talk about Alison Goodman – Eona, but me and Daisy were the only two who finished it, haha. We will talk about it when we go see The fault in our stars.
-Went to Veterans Day in our city center. I was touched by all the old guys.
-VACATION STARTED YESTERDAY.
Despite some difficulties at the beginning of my internship, I ended up with some great results. We had some bumps on the road, but yesterday I had to present them with my lab partner and we also send our report. If that is good enough, I'm done with my minor and I've collected enough points in my third year. Can't believe next year will be my last year..
If you are interested: my research was to see under which conditions Pseudomonas aeruginosa tries to form biofilms on vinyl canvas from play objects in a swimming pool. There was an outbreak in England in 2002 and from that moment, The Netherlands have been trying to determine the conditions in swimming pools. Biofilms are easily said a special layer they make to survive in certain situations, like when you try to clean a contaminated surface with chlorine. This way, they aren’t removed when the play objects are cleaned. So if you ever go to the pool and you end up with an ear infection/skin rash, this might be the bad guy.
1. I’ve been trying to catch up with The Originals, so I watched until episode 20. It’s starting to lose it’s quality like Vampire Diaries..
2. I’ve finished Game of Thrones season 4 and now it’s going to be 10 horrible months of waiting. I love this show and I’m happy how the season ended. There were some heart-breaking moments though.
3. I saw Elysium and wasn’t blown away by it. I don’t really like space/super modern technology.
4. I saw the Delirium pilot and HAHA. No.
5. I watched Tarzan (2014) with my boyfriend and we were both very annoyed by this adaptation.
6. Hercules (Disney) was on TV, so my sister and me watched this together. Meg is sassy.
7. I’ve been following most of the football games this year. There were some great games and I’m rooting very hard for The Netherlands (of course) and Germany.
8. 12 years a slave: very impressive movie.
66. Rae Carson - The girl of fire and thorns (reread). 5+/5
67. Rae Carson - The crown of embers (reread). 5+/5.
68. Melina Marchetta - Finnikin of the rock. 2/5.
69. Lisa Ann O'Kane - Essence. 1/5.
70. Alex Mallory - Wild. 1/5
71. Rae Carson - The bitter kingdoms. 5+/5
72. Leigh Bardugo - Shadow and bone (reread) 5+/5
73. Leigh Bardugo - Siege and storms (reread) 5+/5
74. Tracy Barett - The stepsister's tale 2/5
75. Leigh Bardugo - Ruin & Rising. 3/5.
76. Robin LaFevers - Grave Mercy (reread) 5+/5
77. Danielle L. Jensen - Songbird's overture (novella) 3/5.
78. Katrine Leno - The half life of Molly Pierce 3/5.
79. Alison Goodman - Eona: the last Dragoneye 3/5.
90. Chris Colfer – The land of stories: the wishing spell. 3.5/5.
TBR pile: 21 / 21. (100%) COMPLETED.
TBR pile challenge 2: 22/32. (69%)
Review pile: 21 / 21. (100%) COMPLETED.
Review pile challenge 2: 35/45 (78%)
Dystopian: 14/19. (74%)
Series: 8/12. (67%)
Fairy tale: 19/16. (119%) COMPLETED.
Bingo: 25/25 squares. (100%) COMPLETED.
I bought two books. I also received my Stolen Songbird swag from the lovely Danielle L. Jensen.
First up is A.G Howard – Unhinged, which is the sequel to Splintered. These books are set in the world of Alice in Wonderland.
Second is M.R Carey – The girl with all the gifts. I’ve had this book on my wish list for a while, because the main character has my name! And I’ve heard great things about it.
My pre-order for Leigh Bardugo – Ruin and Rising finally came in the mail. This is the last book in the Grisha series and if you haven’t read those books yet, go change that! I read this book in one sitting (mainly to outrun the spoilers that are bound to happen sooner or later) and while it’s not the ending I was hoping for, this book definitely delivered a good story.
This might be the most epic thing I’ve got in the mail so far. I tweeted asking people desperately where I could get this bag and one of the sweetest persons I know answered that she wanted to send it to me.
So again, thank you, thank you, thank you Christina. I’ve been using it every day now.
She was also generous enough to let me borrow her copy of Robin LaFevers – Mortal heart. You might be aware for my love of this series, so I’m super excited to get started in the conclusion of this series (His fair assassin). I won this amazing t-shirt from Oh the books! I nearly won as a bad guy in the Divergent bookish games, but I was killed. I bought Susan Ee – World after. I was surprised by Angelfall and after such an ending.. you just have to read the sequel.
Other books I bought were: Kristin Cashore – Fire and Bitterblue. And Cinda Chima Williams – The exiled queen.