Hosted by The broke and the bookish.
I’m a huge movie/TV show addict, so this is hard to list down. I think it's time to cheat like I always do. I'm going to pile all the movies/TV shows I love that I can think of in this list. I'm always looking out for new movies/TV shows to watch so if you have any recommendations you think I might like, let me know!
1. Once upon a time. One word: fairytales. (Or another one: HOOK) I love the blend of fairytales and real life. It's fun to see a lot of fairytale characters with an unique twist on their original story.
2. Game of thrones. I'm reading the books as the moment and one of the things I like about the TV is that they made the characters older and most of the actors aren't bad looking.
3. The Tudors. I am fascinated by this time era and Jonathan Rhys Meyers is a great actor. I can only see him when I read books about Henry VIII. Anne Boleyn is also portrayed by a beautiful actress called Natalie Dormer. You might know her from GOT.
4. Fairytales. This also includes Princess bride to me. Other examples are Maleficent, Beauty and the beast (2014, a French movie) and Ever after. I’m so excited for upcoming movies like Beauty and the beast with Emma Watson, Into the woods with a CRAZY good casting, Cinderella (March 2015), Peter Pan (with Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard), Pinocchio (Robert Downey Jr), Arabian Nights (Anthony Hopkins) and the list goes on. My heart is happy.
5. Animation movies. I’m not only a huge fan of Disney, I absolutely adore all kinds of animation movies. DreamWorks, Tim Burton, Warner Bros and 20th century Fox are some other names (which you might know from Anastasia)
6. Marvel. I’m not a fan of the Hulk movies, but I can watch all the others over and over without getting bored. Sassy Loki, sarcastic Iron man, the good guy Captain America; I adore all of them.
7. LOTR + The hobbit. The best fantasy movies if you ask me. They pay so much attention to the world and it’s beautiful to look at. I think I prefer The hobbit, because Bilbo is less annoying than Frodo and who doesn’t want to listen to Richard Armitage’s voice?
8. Sherlock. Not only the TV show, but also the version with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. I’m attracted to intelligent guys.
9. Steve Carell. He is a genius. From the TV show The office to his characters in movies like Dinner for Schmucks, Crazy stupid love, Evan Almighty and Date night. If he is in a comedy movie, I know I’m going to love it. There aren’t a lot of comedy movies that make me laugh, but some of them are The heat, Identity thief, Pitch perfect, 10 things I hate about you, Easy A, We're the Millers, 21 jump street, Bridesmaids, The Hangover (1-3), and The ugly truth.
10. North & South. I’m in love with the BBC mini series, but I think this one is my favorite. The story is fantastic and there is Richard Armitage. One of my other favorite is Jane Eyre (1983) with Timothy Dalton as Mr. Rochester.
Honorable mention: The big bang theory, 2 broke girls, Sabrina the teenage witch (I watched this all the time when I was younger), Charmed.