I always enjoy watching recaps from other bloggers, so that’s why I’ll be posting my own recaps. This wrap up is also my new ‘Showcase Sunday’ since I don’t have the time to do weekly hauls. Instead, I hope to capture it in vlogs every now and then.
I’m going to include a couple of pictures this time, because I’m going to tell you all about my camping adventure. My boyfriend and me went on a little trip from August 4th to August 7th. For both of us the first time camping and also officially our first sort-of vacation together. We biked around 75 km.
I deleted the story and pictures, because at the moment (after the whole drama that's going on about the author stalking someone) I don't feel good about having this on the internet..
Short adventure, but we had a great time together and the nature was stunning. Camping isn’t THE thing for me. I’m used to more comfort (yep, I totally admit I’m spoiled). Although, I’m definitely open to try it again.
Other things I did:
-I met my sister’s boyfriend for the first time (it’s so cute)
-Celebrated my boyfriend’s birthday.
-I had a shopping day with my sister.
-I’ve been stressing over my internship, because nobody responds and my last option was declined by my supervisor because it was ‘too academic.’ I can’t start this month, so hopefully I find something for October! It’s frustrating.
-Book club meeting! We had Sushi, delicious.
96. Kristin Cashore - Bitterblue. 4/5.
97. Rainbow Rowell - Fangirl. 4/5.
98. Heather Demetrios - Exquisite captive. 2.5/5.
99. Jennifer A. Nielsen - The false prince. 3.5/5.
100. Kasie West - Pivot point. 5/5.101. Bethany Griffin - The fall. 3/5.
102. Susan Ee - World after. 5/5.
103. Laini Taylor - Daughter of smoke and bone. 4/5. [reread]
104. Laini Taylor - Days of blood and starlight. 5/5.
105. Laini Taylor - Dreams of gods and monsters. 4.5/5.
106. Edgar Allen Poe - The fall of the house of Usher. 3/5.
107. Amy Ewin - The Jewel. 1/5.
108. Marie Rutkoski - The winner's curse. 4.5/5.
109. Kiersten White - Illusions of fate. 3/5.
110. J.D Salinger - The catcher in the rye. 1/5.
111. Shannon Hale - The goose girl. 4/5.
112. Shannon Hale - Enna Burning. 3/5.
113. Shannon Hale - River Secrets. 3.5/5.
114. Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory - The house of the four winds. 2/5.
115. Jenni James - Jack and the beanstalk. 2/5.
116. William Goldman – The princess bride. 2.5/5.
I participated in bout of books and achieved all my goals. (Participated in a twitter chat, found lots of new blogs, commented a lot, finished 6 books when I was planning to read 4 and I did some challenges. I read a total of 2594 pages.) I surprised myself with the amount of books I’ve read and there were some amazing books too!
We got Netflix, so we’ve been obsessed with watching movies and TV shows. Here is a short recap.
1. I finally started Doctor Who. I’ve seen 5 episodes from 2005 and it’s entertaining. Netflix.
2. I finished The Musketeers (10 episodes) and we are eagerly waiting for the new season.
3. I saw Divergent and wasn’t blown away by it, but it wasn’t terribly either. Cinema.
4. I continued watching Supernatural and it’s so creepy, haha. Netflix.
5. Disney re-watch Finding Nemo and Frozen. Jungle book with #DisneyJourney. Collection.
6. Sex tape in the cinema. Funny, but we weren’t blown away.
7. The lone ranger, I’m not sure how I feel about it. Netflix.
8. Austin Powers, international man of mystery.. Just.. horrible. Netflix.
9. Tinker bell & the great fairy rescue. Netflix.
10. Tinker bell & the secret of wings. Netflix.
11. The pineapple express. Netflix. Stupid humour, but that’s what I was looking for.
12. Into the storm. Cinema. Very intense. I will post a review.
13. Arrested development, 3 episodes. Netflix. I like Jason Bateman.
14. I re-watched a couple of movies on Netflix: Jane Eyre (2011), Thor the dark world and The 40-year-old virgin and some episodes from New Girl season 1.
15. The mall-cop. Netflix. Bit silly, but okay.
16. I found out that my ‘guilty pleasure’ is available on Netflix, so I watched the first 8 episodes from season 1 Say yes to the dress.
TBR pile: 21 / 21. (100%) COMPLETED.
TBR pile challenge 2: 39/32. (122%) COMPLETED.
TBR pile challenge 3: 39/50 (78%)
Review pile: 21 / 21. (100%) COMPLETED.
Review pile challenge 2: 45/45 (100%) COMPLETED.
Review pile challenge 3: 45/50 (90%)
Dystopian: 16/19. (84%)
Series: 11/12. (91%)
Fairy tale: 24/16. (150%) COMPLETED.
Bingo: 25/25 squares. (100%) COMPLETED.I completed my Goodreads challenge last week!
I also completed my second TBR pile challenge, so now I’m going to aim for 50 books. The same with my second review pile challenge. I’m almost done with Dystopian and Series too! I’m happy with my progress.
GONEYeaaay, another awkward book haul. I actually had to edit a lot, so 10 minutes of material went to.. this. I'm still trying. Next time I will include more information, but I was planning to do a recap of all the books I've read (like The false prince, first book from Jennifer Nielsen) but I read so many books I was overwhelmed. I might record it in two parts :)
-Jennifer A. Nielsen - The runaway king.
-Kasie West - Split second.
-Laini Taylor - Gods of blood and monsters.
-Heather Dixon - Entwined.
-Jackson Pearce - Sweetly.
-Veronica Rossi - Under the never sky.
How was your month? Did you watch anything good? Did you read something awesome? Did you get many books? Tell me everything!