Monday, September 15, 2014 09:52

7 Deadly sins tag.

the_seven_disney_sins_by_chill07-d36bb4lArtwork by Christopher.

I was tagged by Aylee - Recovering Harry Potter addict and Micheline - Lunar Rainbows to do this Deadly Sins Questionnaire Tag (created by BookishlyMalyza)

1. Greed - What is your most inexpensive book? What is your most expensive book?
1001004010441543If I don’t count free books, I would say 0.50 cents. I used to go to the second-hand bookstore all the time until it was shut down. I only buy new books now and my most expensive one has to be one of my school books. I would say Campbell – Biology with 84 euros. (I’m lucky enough that my parents paid for my books)

Other expensive ones; I think all the Dutch books I bought for 20 euros when I bought them in the store, before I knew TBD and switched to English YA.


2. Wrath - What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Lauren Oliver. I absolutely adored her Middle Grade books Liesl & Po and The spindles, but I hated Panic and the Delirium series. I’m very curious how I feel about her upcoming adult book.

3. Gluttony - What book have you devoured over and over with no shame?
I would say Markus Zusak – The book thief, J.K Rowling – Harry Potter and Juliet Marillier – Wildwood Dancing, Heart’s blood and the first three books from her Sevenwaters series. These are a couple of my favorite books in the world and I often reread them. I also reread quite some books this year, like Grave Mercy, Dark Triumph, Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, The girl of fire and thorns, The crown of Ember so I could finish all the conclusions. I hope to reread Tiger Lily soon.



4. Sloth - What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
I think that would be.. Brandon Sanderson – Mistborn series, because those books are huge.

5. Pride - What book do you talk about most in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
Perhaps about the works from Shakespeare and I seriously enjoyed reading them. In our last year in High School we talked, saw and discussed many of his works and I loved it. (I think my favorite one if The merchant of Venice) If I want to impress someone with my knowledge, I would talk about Harry Potter of course!

6. Lust - What attributes do you find attractive in male or female characters?
I talked about this in my discussion post ‘what I look for in book boyfriends.’ I like quirky, humorousdownload and silent/broody types. Imperfections make them interesting and realistic. If there is one thing I don’t like it’s those perfect, flawless hunks/macho’s or those bad guys with a haunting past. I like it when they are sarcastic and flirty, even when I would suck that flirting back, haha.

Loyalty and trustworthy is something I find attractive too. And not to forget; intelligent. I love smart guys. Some examples: Chaol, from Throne of glass & Crown of midnight. Duval from Grave Mercy & Beast from Dark Triumph. Sturmhond from Siege & Storm. Captain Thorne from Scarlet. Hector from The crown of Embers and Valek from Poison study.
I love it when girls are kick-ass and not only because they can fight. It’s great when they are mentally strong too. I have the same things with girls as I have with guys; flaws make them perfect. I don’t care for those extremely beautiful, special, powerful etc. girls. They can be completely normal and still amaze me with their actions. I admire sarcastic, brave and determined girls who stand up for themselves. Examples is Celaena from Throne of glass & Crown of midnight.

7. Envy - What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
First three I can think of: WINTER; WINTERSPELL; BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE. And I also wouldn’t mind to receive the 15th anniversary Scholastic Editions from Harry Potter.

Now it's my turn to tag some people!-Sana.
-Ashley & Nicole.
-Stephanie.
-Meg.


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

33 comments:

  1. WOW. I didn't know Dutch-translated YA books were that expensive. Holy smokes, 20 euros, for real?! That's like the equivalent of an English Adult book in hardbound o.o Well, almost equivalent, as it's usually 25+ haha. I wish I could buy stuff from second-hand stores, but the books we have here in those kinda shops are mostly cookbooks, self-esteem stuff, and non-fiction which I don't really read >_<

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's ridiculous! That's why I am happy I found TBD :)

      Delete
  2. Weee I'm so glad you participated Mel :D LOVED reading your answers! Yes those damn uni textbooks are so freaking expensive! Grrr, just thinking about it makes me mad. I adored Lauren Oliver's Liesl & Po too but that's the only book by her that I've read so far, evenn though I own a copy of Delirium and have for AGES...I have a feeling I might not like her YA stuff that much either >.< And YES ^^ to rereading the HP books of course :D I hope you will brave the Mistborn books soon, they're HUGE but they are surprisingly quick to get through, the writing style flows well and they're so freaking addictive! I agree with you 100% on Chaol, Thorne and Celaena ♥ and OMG YES I NEED Winter, Blue Lily AND those 15th Anniversary HP books!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's terrible how you don't have to use most of those books for school anyway. Oh well, at least they look pretty and smart on the shelves, haha.

      Delete
  3. Yayy I'm happy that you're participating because I loved reading all your answers :)

    And hey - my parents bought Campbell's Biology for me too in my first year of university. I wasn't even thinking of textbooks, but yes they would be among my most expensive too >.<

    Lauren Oliver - yeeahh, well I'm definitely more love than hate with her, but I too haven't been in love with her most recent books like I have been with the first I read like Liesl and Po. I'm hoping I'll love Rooms!

    Eep, yes to feeling lazy when it comes to the Mistborn Trilogy as well! But it sounds so amazing so I know I must get to it at some point.

    Yes YES to all those guys and Celaena! Totally ideal characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love this post Mel. <3 Thank you so much for sharing :D And ack. I agree with so much. Hah! Lauren Oliver. I loved her middle grade books too :) I could not finish Panic. I loved Delirium, but no chance in hell that I will read the last two books :p not happening. I will be curious to see what you think if you read her adult book :) You are awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome answers! yea school books are the most expensive for me.. it is ridiculous how expensive they are! the least expensive for me would maybe be one dollar? oh and it's interesting you like the sarcastic funny/flirty types. I like the broody, quiet ones.. HOWEVER i agree about them being not perfect. I hate it when they're flawless and they become perfect in the eye of the main protagonist. I love Chaol too. I must read Dark Triumph!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schoolbooks are the worst! They are so expensive and with my school, half of the books aren't used that much. All the information we need to learn are written on powerpoints and they put that online on the school's website. SO frustrating if you just bought such an expensive book (I could have bought so many books I really want to read with that money!

    When it comes to loving characters I'm the same as you as I too only like characters when they are flawed, or else they feel not real to me. And yeah, the flirty sarcastic types are the best!! In real life too, but then again like you said, how to respond?! I can be sarcastic, but not flirty sarcastic ;) I love both Thorne and Stormhund too and my love for Chaol is endless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thing! But I still like to have them for some reason. It looks smart I guess? Haha.

      Delete
  7. Truthfully, I don't own many expensive books. Pretty much all of them have been under $20! I'm really trying hard to find a book on my shelf that was any more than that, haha. I wish we had used bookstores where I live :( The one that we have still charges a lot for books, so I'd rather buy them new for the same price.

    I haven't gotten around to Brandon Sanderson's books either. :B I love love love epic fantasy, but it's a commitment and I never know if I'm quite willing to make it haha. It's the same way with A Song of Ice and Fire!

    CHAOL. CAPTAIN THORNE. STURMHOND. /swoon They're 3 of my top faves and I loooove them. I also really love Akiva from Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, but he's less snarky and more...idk, he's wonderful. Also, Will Herondale from Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices trilogy. He's just the right amount of snarky for me. :P

    I love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now committed to ASOIAF and it's great, so I should take a look at Mistborn too. I haven't 'met' Will yet!

      Delete
  8. Man, my biology textbook for university was $248 :( *cries* Your other books are really expensive though, that's so much for Dutch books. Thank gosh for TBD :) Aha, you aren't the only one who said that about Lauren Oliver's books. I'm really curious about the Delirium series now. Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn series is a really good pick, I would like to read those someday too but yeah, intimidating. Love your answer for #6 so much, so many of my favorite love interests there as well and heck yes, strong heroines! Blue Lily, Lily Blue, the need is strong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Daughter of the Forest very recently and am going through the series now. I have a feeling I will be re-reading those books too, as well as Grave Mercy & Dark Triumph. (I've per-ordered Mortal Heart already!) I want to get to the Mistborne series too, but am not afraid of the size, I just want to buy them with the new covers since I am envious of others that have them! It is $40+ on book depository, so I'm kind of psyching myself up for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was totally awesome. I absolutely agree with you on the dudes there...the perfect ones drive me nuts. >_< It's okay to have the "nice" boys, but it's the ones who are really self-righteous in their niceness that arghhhh. ANYWAY. I just finished Heir of Fire so I'm still snivelling at any mention of Celaena. BUT CHAOL! OMG YES TO CHAOL! *ahem* I think my most inexpensive book has been 20cents at a 2nd hand store. Love those bargains.
    I also totally love that artwork at the top of your post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I had to include it in my post, it's stunning <3

      Delete
  11. Ah - I love reading answers for this tag. :) Also, what beautiful artwork!

    Textbooks are ridiculously expensive. >.< Luckily enough, my parents paid for them through high school, but starting uni next year, I'm going to have to buy them myself - luckily my uni has a good library, so I won't have to buy every single textbook.

    I'm definitely going to have to re-read The Book Thief one day, but Harry Potter will forever remain my most re-read book/series.

    I was one of those "strange" students who also enjoyed reading Shakespeare in school. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the times you don't have to use those books anyway, so borrowing them from the school library is a good idea!

      Delete
  12. 1. I'm not sure about my most inexpensive books, since I usually only go to secondhand bookstores for required school reads (I have a fear of secondhand items for some reason). And yes, textbooks are expensive! I usually just borrow hand-me-downs from family friends. ;D

    2. I didn't like Delirium or Panic, either! So maybe her middle grade novels will work out for me as well. *fingers crossed*

    4. YES. And Way of Kings? GIGANTIC. >_< I guess this is why I've never finished a Sanderson book yet. I'm so intimidated by them.

    6. Definitely agreed! :D I love those funny types, especially if they're the charming ones. Definitely not a fan of those 'I have a dark past don't come near me' kind of guys. Duval, Beast, Captain Thorne and Valek--you clearly have good taste, Mel. ;)

    Thanks for sharing, girl! Awesome answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2. I hope so. Liesl & Po was adorable :D
      4. You could kill someone with those books.

      Delete
  13. YOU TAGGED US! We are going to post ours tomorrow! :)

    We have a lot of similar tastes! (As if that wasn't already well known). I have been neglecting Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson too but I've made a vow to start reading all of those adult fantasy series that I've been meaning too. Starting SOON! And all of your favorite fictional characters are my favorite fictional characters. And I JUST started Blue Lily, Lily Blue. Did you see it was on Netgalley?

    I CANNOT WAIT FOR WINTER! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I saw your post, it was fun to read your answers. And I was declined for Blue Lily, Lily Blue :(

      Delete
  14. I haven't read Liesl and Po but I have the ARC for it. I don't know why I haven't read it, I just remember being in love with the song that they used for the book trailer.

    Amber Elise @Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear nothing but good things about the Throne of Glass series, need to check it out finally!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Imperfections make them interesting and realistic." I couldn't agree more! I also got tagged for this tag and mentioned almost the same thing when talking about characters.
    I didn't count uni books towards the most expensive books, those books can be so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The only book of Lauren Oliver's I've read was Before I Fall, which I absolutely loved. I've been wanting to check out some of her other books for a while, though Panic doesn't interest me and I'm hesitant to start the Delirium series simply because I don't want to start yet another series!

    I just picked up Throne of Glass yesterday for a really good price. It's time to see what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "I like it when they are sarcastic and flirty, even when I would suck that flirting back, haha."
    LOL, that's totally me too! If someone like Adrian Ivashkov approached me, I'd be helpless and embarrassing.
    I think we pretty much like the same type of guys! Love the smart ones, the loyal ones, and the charming ones. Have you read Fire and Thorns yet? I bet you'd love Hector. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would turn in a mess if they would flirt with me like that, haha.

      Delete
  19. Great tag Mel! I totally agree with smart and strong guys especially Captain Thorne and Chaol. Oh Chaol <3 *swoons* Celaena is a fan favourite too for how kick ass and tough as nails she is, but she still has a heart. I totally agree with Harry Potter, it makes me happy when I meet fellow potterheads! I have enjoyed some Shakespeare works as well, including Macbeth. Not R&J though, I found it difficult to get through.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0