I always enjoy watching recaps from other bloggers, so that’s why I’ll be posting my own recaps. This wrap up is also my new ‘Showcase Sunday’ since I don’t have the time to do weekly hauls. Instead, I hope to capture it in vlogs every now and then.
This month had some stressful moments. Some things at the internship went wrong and I had to take care of them in a short time frame. It was so bad I had to skip the book club meeting, but at least it’s all fixed now and I can finally start the microbiology part! I learned quite some things when I made the plant extractions, but I'm happy to return to microbiology.
There were also a couple of good things that happened. I had a conversation with the directrice from my project and I found out I'm getting paid after all! I went to the 2x to the cinema (but one time all the movies were sold, haha). I had a telephonic interview and while I HATE talking on the telephone, it wasn't so bad. I also went for a drink with some friends and it was nice to catch up with them. I wasn't completely horrible when I had to give a presentation at school, because I passed it. I was so nervous I thought I was going to faint in front of the class.
I celebrated my 6-years together with my boyfriend. We didn’t do anything fancy, but we spend a lovely evening cooking a nice meal, watching a movie and playing Lego Pirates on the PS3. The BEST thing that happened was meeting Amber, Judith and Rinn in Amsterdam. We first went out for lunch and after that we spend a lot of time wandering around the bookstores. It was so much fun. I went pooling with some friends and it was great.
This month was terrible when it comes to working out. I did some exercises at home, but I couldn’t find the energy to go to the gym every week, so I only went once. I hope to change that in December with all the Holiday food and sweets, haha.
Booooh.. I had a slow reading month, because I couldn’t seem to focus on my books.
1. Rhiannon Thomas – A wicked thing. 3.5/5.
2. Victoria Aveyard – Red Queen. 4/5.3. Megan Shepherd – A cold legacy. 3/5.
4. Kendare Blake – Girl of nightmares. 2/5.
5. Maggie Stiefvater – Blue Lily, Lily Blue. 4/5.
6. Victoria Lamb – Witchstruck. 3/5.
7. Paul Durham – The luck uglies. 3/5.
8. Sarah J. Maas - The assassin and the captain. 5/5.
From now on I'm going to highlight the top 10 things I watched every month, because I watch a lot of things and I don't want to type a huge list.
1. Drive. What a terrible movie! I hated the filming style and we end up skipping a lot.
2. I continued watching Arrested Development and we're starting season 3.
3. I watched the first episode from Ripper Street and I really liked it! I wasn't in the mood for this series the rest of the month, but I can't wait to continue.
4. I'm up-to-date with New Girl, The big bang theory and Once upon a time. I loved the latest episode from New Girl.
5. St. Vincent in the cinema. It was pretty funny and reminded me a little of Up.
6. Pain & Gain, DNF. Terrible.
7. Let's be cops, haha. It was nice to see New Girl Nick and Coach in another movie, but they almost played the same character (which really fits them)
8. The 100 and I'm addicted.. The first episodes were okay, but there is a moment where you suddenly keep watching episodes and you are sucked into the series.
9. I re-watched Catching fire and it's still one of the best book-to-movie film.
10. The Green Hornet. Not too bad, but it wasn't what I expected.
They are all completed except for: New Goodreads challenge: 147/150. (98%) (ALMOST!)
On the first day of November I got an amazing book in the mail. The sweet Ellis answered my desperate call and send me a copy from Maggie Stiefvater – Blue Lily, Lily Blue <3 I also finally got my pre-ordered copy from Robin LaFevers - Mortal Heart to add to my collection. If you haven’t read this series, I highly suggest you will. It’s one of my favorite series (and the covers are so pretty together) Lastly, I received a review copy from A.G Howard - Ensnared from Abrams & Chronicle. Thank you!
I also went to Edelweiss-Heaven when Harper updated their books, so I snagged some of my most anticipated books. Rosamund Hodge – Crimson Bound and Heather Dixon – Illusionarium. While I was at it I also downloaded Maria Dahvana Headley – Magonia, Paul Durham – The fork-tongue charmers, Brian Katcher - The improbable case of Ana and Zak & Maggie Lerhman - The cost of everything.
That's it for my month, how was your November?