Friday, December 05, 2014 16:05

Mel in Movieland | Upcoming movies 2015.

Welcome to my new feature, where I will be combining books and movies! I bet you can guess how I came up in the name, but in case you aren’t; Alice in Wonderland. You can find my inspirations in this post Fairytale news: other content.

This hardly needs an introduction, but if you are new and you are not aware of this fact: I’m a huge fan of fairytales, Disney and animation movies. So hereby I spotlight all the upcoming movies from 2015 I can’t wait for.



Fairytales
MV5BNzU4MDk5ODU4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzEwNDI1MzE@._V1_SX214_AL_-Peter Pan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHl8F60t-ss
The
story of an orphan who is spirited away to the magical Neverland. There, he finds both fun and dangers, and ultimately discovers his destiny -- to become the hero who will be forever known as Peter Pan. Due for release in July.

-Strange magic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSrJiaZnPuU
A fairy tale of goblins, fairies and imps meeting for the first time and the consequent confusions and conflicts the culture clash causes. Due for release in April.

-Into the woods.vao rung tham into the woods 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1_vyTbntbQ
A witch conspires to teach important lessons to various characters of popular children's stories including Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk and Rapunzel. Due for release in January.

images-Cinderella.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfR8Su4ulX0
The story of "Cinderella" follows the fortunes of young Ella whose merchant father remarries following the tragic death of her mother. Keen to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother Lady Tremaine and her daughters Anastasia and Drizella into the family home. But, when Ella's father suddenly and unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family. She will not give in to despair nor despise those who abuse her. And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really a prince, not merely an employee at the Palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul. It appears as if her. The film is scheduled to be released on March 13, 2015.

Animations
MV5BODI4NzMyNjE0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTcwNzI0MzE@._V1_SX214_AL_-Minion movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hxFE7RpSg
Minions Stuart, Kevin and Bob are recruited by Scarlet Overkill, a super-villain who, alongside her inventor husband Herb, hatches a plot to take over the world. Due for release in July.

-Hotel Transylvania 2, promo clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBgu-lhhrtk
When the old-old-old-fashioned vampire Vlad arrives at the hotel for an impromptu family get-together, Hotel Transylvania is in for a collision of supernatural old-school and modern day cool.

-Inside out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhLeIoqHJvs
Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it's no exception for Riley, who is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley's mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley's main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school.

MV5BMTg1NTk3MDQ4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDMyMzE1MzE@._V1_SX214_AL_-Home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLGDJkhYnVc
When Earth is taken over by the overly confident Boov, an alien race in search of a new place to call home, all humans are promptly relocated while all Boov get busy reorganizing the planet. But when one resourceful girl, Tip, manages to avoid capture, she finds herself the accidental accomplice of a banished Boov named Oh. The two fugitives realize there's a lot more at stake than intergalactic relations as they embark on the road trip of a lifetime.

-Kung Fu Panda 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XexGkoG7KrM
Continuing his "legendary adventures of awesomeness", Po must face two hugely epic, but different threats: one supernatural and the other a little closer to his home.

-Tinker Bell, Legend of the Neverbeast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkNKE2u0qJI
Fun and talented animal fairy Fawn believes you can't judge a book by its cover, or an animal by its fangs, so she befriends a huge and mysterious creature known as the NeverBeast. While Tinkerbell and her friends aren't so sure about this scary addition to Pixie Hollow, the elite Scout Fairies set out to capture the monster before he destroys their home. Fawn must trust her heart and take a leap of faith if she hopes to rally the girls to save the NeverBeast.

MV5BMjI4MTIzODU2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjE0NDAwMjE@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_-Big hero 6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT8qmoCgxZg
The special bond that develops between plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax, and prodigy Hiro Hamada, who team up with a group of friends to form a band of high-tech heroes. Will be released in February 2015 here in The Netherlands.
There is no trailer, but Frozen will get a short sequel called ‘Frozen Fever’. Spring 2015.

Other upcoming movie without trailers or synopsis.
The Jungle Book – October 9th 2015.There is also exciting news about several Pinocchio & Beauty and the beast movies, but that is for some other time. Not to mention the fact that there are also animation movies for 2016 I can’t wait for, like Finding Dory. Did I highlight a movie you are excited about?

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

31 comments:

  1. I can't believe Finding Dory won't be here until 2016! Gah! That will be amazing. I've heard about the live-action Beauty and the Beast movie (Emma Watson?!?) but Pinocchio is a new one to hear about! That would be cool :) I've never been a big fan of the animated Cinderella movie, but I LOVED Ever After with Drew Barrymore, and I saw the trailer for the new one in March and I'm actually really excited! I love that Helena Bonham Carter is the fairy godmother :D And I'm equally as excited for Into the Woods & Pan! Yay movies!

    RosieReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, Emma Watson is going to be a perfect Belle D Ever After is such a charming movie.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't been paying much attention to Cinderella, but I'm actually getting quite excited for it now; I'm really looking forward to seeing how that turns out! Most of the movies that I've been really impatient about are released in 2016, so I'm definitely going to have a look around for what I want to see next year. There was a movie that came out this year in the US that I wanted to see, but there still hasn't been a UK release date announced (and if it was released, I didn't see anywhere showing it), so hopefully I'll get to see that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! SO excited for many of these, especially Into the Woods. I had a little mini heart attack there when I saw the release date of January---it comes out on Christmas here in the states and I'm literally counting the days!! I may be more excited about that than Christmas itself! LOL
    This is the first time I'm hearing about Pan!! Oh I love the trailer and that it's about Peter coming to Neverland!! Very excited for that now, too! Big Hero 6 is SO FUN. But I also cried. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you guys are so lucky that all the movies release earlier than here in The Netherlands.

      Delete
  4. Big Hero 6 is already out, just not here in BE and NL yet. :P The Frozen Fever short will be playing before Cinderella and the Peter Pan movie is just called Pan. :P Into The Woods releases this month doesn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it sucks :( Everybody is talking about it and I WANT TO SEE IT TOOOO. Into the woods will release this month in the States, but not over here. And I know, but Peter Pan might give more hits than Pan, haha.

      Delete
  5. Okay not to brag, but Big Hero 6 was ADORABLE so I hope you get to see it when it comes out! I loved how it dealt with everything that went on .. which does sound vague, but I don't want to spoil you. It was super cute. PS: there's a bonus scene at the very end that we didn't know to stay for, since it's not an "official" Marvel movie, but it's a Marvel title, so they did the secret end credits thing. Make sure to stay for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to rave about it, I'm a little jealous but at least it's worth the wait :D Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  6. I loved watching BIG HERO SIX! I'm excited to watch INTO THE WOODS and all the animation movies! I'm glad you put this list together! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOoh nice!!! I soooo can't wait for Cinderella, Into the Woods and Pan!!

    And wait...there's going to be a new Jungle Book movie? Like a live action one? I thought I heard they planned on doing that for Beauty and the Beast! Didn't know about Pinocchio!

    And yay! The new Tinkerbell movie! I'm a sucker for those!

    I'm also looking forward to Insurgent next year! And I know there are more...I just can't think of them!

    Oh wait! Jurassic World...think that's what the 4th JP movie is called!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are even a couple of possible Pinocchio movies, one made with clay I believe!

      Delete
  8. I had no idea that there was going to be a Hotel Trans 2. I wonder if that was a good idea, the first one was so surprisingly endearing. <3

    AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MINION MOVIE. I wonder how much dialogue will be in the movie! Haha.

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY :D Amazing post Mel. <3 Thank you so much for sharing about it all. So many movies here I am dying to see :D So so excited about Big Hero 6. <3 the movie Pan looks all kinds of awful, though :( sad face. Also excited about Into the Woods. <3 And DYING for Hotel Transylvania 2 :D though you tricked me with the video, hmph. Nothing new from the new movie, lol :p but so excited :) You are awesome. <3 hope you will watch and love all of these movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, that's why I said 'promotional' trailer :p

      Delete
  10. What a lovely collection! I can always rely on you when it comes to fairy tales HAHAHA this is why I love your blog <3

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I had no idea so many retelling's were coming out next year. I'm looking forward to Home (it looks so cute!) I also want to see Minions, Big Hero 6 and The Jungle Book! Both of the previous Jungle Book movies used to be favourites of mine. Thanks for sharing, Mel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only movie coming out in 2015 I'm really excited about it Mockingjay Pt. 2. I don't really tend to get excited from trailers, so I'll wait for the fangirling to break out to force me to the cinema

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2015 sounds like it's going to be an awesome year for movies! :D Aside from the ones you mentioned here, there's going to be Jurassic Park, Age of Ultron (!!!), Star Wars, and sooo many more exciting ones. Can't wait! But yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to both Into the Woods and Cinderella. Into the Woods because MERYL STREEP, and Cinderella, because the trailer itself already looks so magical. <3 (AND THE DRESS. THAT DRESSS. *dies*)

    I didn't know there was going to be a Hotel Transylvania 2, though. Can't say I particularly enjoyed the first one, but it was entertaining, so I guess that's a good thing. And everyone I know who's watched Big Hero 6 said that it was really good, so I'm pretty sure you'll love it, too. ^_^

    BUT STILL.

    AGE OF ULTRON.

    I CAN'T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, there are so much more movies I can't wait for! I might do a post about them as well :D

      Delete
  14. NO WAY. JUNGLE BOOK? THAT WAS MY CHILDHOOD. I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE THIS! I saw the Peter Pan trailer the other day and I couldn't help but think that next year is going to be your year at the cinemas! I mean, look at all those fairytale retellings. They're right up your street! I haven't seen strange magic yet but that one looks fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I might get my cinema Unlimited card for four months again :D

      Delete
  15. I can't believe the actor who plays Jon Snow is playing the Prince in Cinderella - he looks so different! And I don't want TOO many animated movies (or movies in general these days) so I'll more likely see the first 3 on this list. Into The Woods has so many good people in it so I'll have to see that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooohh, I like the look of Into the Woods, mainly because it's a mix of fairytales! I might go see it when it's released. I'll definitely go see the Minion Movie though. It seems so fun, and I've always loved the Minions in the Despicable Me films! Lets hope 2015 brings some great films! Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO.MANY.EXCITING.MOVIES!! I'm definitely waiting on Into the Woods and Pan right along with you - not to mention Finding Dory :D I actually only just saw the poster for Cinderella yesterday and seeing as that was always my favorite fairytale growing up, I'm getting quite excited for it hehe! Oh and The Minions movie is bound to be adorable of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinderella & her prince look amazing on that poster!

      Delete
  18. I really want to see Into The Woods! It looks so creepy and cool and I love seeing fairytales twisted and turned into something fresh and new. Great list, thanks Mel <33

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  19. Into the Woods opens on Christmas, and I can already guarantee we will be there. I think it looks amazing, and luckily my husband's sisters are obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes... Yes... YES!!! I am pretty much desperate to see all of the movies you have mentioned. My top one is Into the Woods, I am so desperate to see that film and it looks so good. Also really excited for Peter Pan, Cinderella and Big Hero 6!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0