Sunday, December 21, 2014 10:21

Sisterhood of the world bloggers award.

I was tagged for it by Karolina from Bookshelf reflections.

sister-hood-award1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.

2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.

3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.

4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.


1. How would you go about destroying Christmas if the Grinch were forcing you to? Which character would you pick to help you?Ha, I would totally steal everyone’s presents and switch them – and keep the nice stuff for myself of course. I think I could use Celaena’s stealth; she can climb into houses and get everything for me, while I make lists and keep track of the houses.


2. Who do you think is the perfect book boyfriend? What’s your type?I actually wrote a whole post about what I look for in a book boyfriend. There are two types I fall for: quirky, humorous and sassy or silent/broody/intelligent types. I like it when they have imperfections. It makes the more complex and interesting. I don’t like perfect macho-guys or those bad-guys with tormented pasts. I really like Thorne, Sturmhond and Duval (if you don’t know these names, you have some work to do! Lunar Chronicles, Grisha trilogy & His fair assassin series)

3. What do you think is the most challenging part of blogging?Finding a balance between blogging and real life. It’s very easy to spend a lot of time on blogging, but you also have to make sure you get all your other things done.

4. If you could mind-wash any blogger to be your absolute bestie, whom would you choose and why?I’m already friends with a lot of amazing bloggers and the only thing I wish is that I get to know them even better in 2015 (and that they would live closer to me!)

5. What book do you want to see burn?There are a couple of books I hate with a fierce passion, but I still don’t think I would like to see them burn. They just didn’t work for me, but someone else might like them.

6. Think back to your very first weeks as a book blogger. What were your goals? What were your fears? How do you feel looking back?My goals where pretty much: getting a lot of followers and comments. I still love it when I see my followers amount rise & comments are the best, but it’s not why I blog now. My fear was that nobody would be interested and that I wouldn’t fit it. That’s obviously not the case now.

7. You are being forced to re-read one book once a week for fifteen years. Which one do you pick?I’m going to stay away from the obvious picks (Harry Potter or The book thief) and I’m going to pick Rosamund Hodge – Cruel Beauty. This book has so many layers and such a nicely crafted world-building, I think I would discover new things each time. It will keep me occupied.

8. What is the last book you DNF-ed? What’s the last one you raved about?DNF: Jaye Robin Browne – No place to fall.
Rave: Maggie Stiefvater – Blue Lily, Lily Blue.

9. What must the plot of the perfect book entail in your eyes?That is a difficult question.. I don’t think there is one specific thing I look for. I just want the plot to be right for the story. Sometimes that means it’s slow and detailed, sometimes it’s fast-paced and packed with action. It must fit with the story.

10. What character would you like to trade place with?Forever? I would pass. For a day, I would like to be kick-ass, so perhaps Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore. This girl has crazy moves and she can survive anything. I would like to see how it feels to be so powerful and unbeatable. Hopefully I can learn some of those moves.

I believe The Quite Concert and Christina Reads YA aren't tagged yet, so here you go girls.

1.  Which character can you identify with?
2. What is your favorite type of cover (and add an example)?
3. Who is/are your best blogging friend(s)?
4.  If you could ask for one 2015 release for under the Christmas tree, what title would you ask for?
5. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
6. If you could be a Marvel superhero/supervillain, who would you like to be? (And the answer ‘Loki with the looks of Tom Hiddleston, so I can look at my gorgeous face all day’ doesn’t count)
7. What does it take to make you fall in love with a book?
8. Favorite quote that has to do with books/reading?
9. What is the last character you hated so much, you wish he/she would just die?
!0. Are there certain books you refuse to read and why?


author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

26 comments:

  1. Oh gosh yes finding a balance between bloggy life and real life is hard. I either spend the whole day doing life stuff or the whole day doing blog stuff-which isn't really that effective, so I really need to change that next year. OMG that would be the worst way to ruin xmas--but choosing Celaena is such a good idea.

    Lovely post, Mel! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s so strange how our views changed after years of blogging. Time does help us prioritize what’s really important in this hobby. Haha, burning a book, although I do sometimes say that out of hatred but when it comes down to it, I don’t think I’m brave enough to burn a book no matter how much I loathed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. There are definitely some books I can think off, but I wouldn't be able to do it in the end.

      Delete
  3. I totally think that finding that balance between life and blogging can get intense! Love this post!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, that's such an evil plan, Mel! I can't say I wouldn't do the same, though... ;)

    Sturmhond will be my prince forever and ever. I ship Mal with Alina only so that I can keep my dearest Nikolai all to myself. Definitely no bad boys with lots of angst for me, too. Oh, and it's always nice if the guy is nerdy and wears glasses. I don't know, that really attracts me for some reason! xD But yup, humor is a hugeee plus. Especially since I'm such an awkward person and need all the laughter to fill up the all the awkward silences!

    Oh man, you'd trade places with Katsa? I so need to read Graceling now then. I've had it on my shelf since forever, but with the number of other books I have to read, I just never had the time to get to it. But you've made me curious now. I'm a wimp, so I'm sure it would be awesome if I could feel kickass for once, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's also an interesting way to look at the ship! Yes, for awkward persons it's great when someone has humor and an easy way to talk. It makes up for it :p

      Delete
  5. This is a great post Melanie! I love the way that you've described your book boyfriends, I really need to get around to meeting a lot of the guys that you've mentioned! Also my goals have changed a lot now too from when I first started blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nomination Mel :)

    Thorne is a fantastic book boyfriend! I agree, I think finding a nice balance between blogging and real life is important and can be a tricky one :) I really need to pick up Cruel Beauty, my goal is to get to it soon!

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will share Thorne with you as a book boyfriend! And finding a balance between blogging and RL is tough. RL usually wins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DUVAL YES!

    And the blogging and real life balance is the worst. I'm kind of struggling right now. I'm popping about for comments quickly before work because I know after nine hours I'm going to want to do nothing but sleep. And I'm exhausted. It's got to be me first otherwise I'd burn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got to take care of yourself Jess, that's the most important thing!

      Delete
  9. I wish we could have some sort of teleporting system, where all the book bloggers here can just go POOF! and we can actually meet up -pout- This was fun to read :D Uuuugh the silent/intelligent type completely melts me too! Still got to read Blue Lily, Lily Blue, but looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge was perfect! I can't wait to read Crimson Bound. I think the hardest part about blogging is definitely balancing blogging and life outside of blogging. At times, I feel like all I want to do is read and blog even though I know I have a lot of stuff to do that are much more important. At times, I don't have anything else to do yet I don't want to blog because I'm in a slump. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I adore this post Mel. <3 Thank you so much for doing it :D I have been tagged in a few things, but I just never feel like I have the time to do anything :p Hmph. One day, maybe. <3 Stealing presents? HAH. I would love to do that too (A) Sigh, Duval. <3 I don't wish for books to burn either, buuut... I wouldn't mind some books that I hated to be gone from this planet, lol :p Ah, Blue Lily, Lily Blue. <3 So glad you loved it :) Thank you for sharing this amazing post. <3 You are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish my bloggy friends lived near me too, I'm not close to my PH blogger friends…I'm closer to those in AUS and US HAHAHA

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this tag, it's nice to see all the different questions that everyone answers. I'd totally take Celaena with me on a Grinch style destroy Christmas mission, she would be amazing at it. She could do all the work, whilst I enjoyed the spoils. Sturmhond <3 YES!!! :) Completely agree that it's so hard to try and balance blogging with real life, something I am struggling to with right now. I'd love to be able to get to know more bloggers, especially ones who actually lived close to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, exactly. And as a salary she can have all the pretty dresses :p

      Delete
  14. This is a great tag - I loved reading your answers & I agree, Cruel Beauty was a beautiful book - It's my favorite debut this year :D

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love book boyfriends who have a sense of humor and are also sweet :) Two of my favorites are Beast and Ridge (Maybe Someday). I really enjoyed Cruel Beauty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you are better than me then, because I would love to see certain books burn. Not the ones that I simply think I didn't like but others might enjoy, but the ones I loathe because they are filled with historical inaccuracies, promote propaganda or hate, or are so offensive to certain people I can't stand it. Despite them being the work of someone, I wouldn't mind those books burn down to a pile of ugly ashes. At least those would be prettier than their inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can understand the need to burn certain books though!

      Delete
  17. THORNE AND STURMHOND. I will arm wrestle you for them.

    I used to get so excited when I saw my follower count and stats go up, but now I don't even notice. That probably sounds terrible, but I'm having too much fun chatting with other bloggers either on Twitter or on my blog to worry about stats and follower counts. Although that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the followers, I just pay more attention to the ones that fangirl with me!

    Can I answer some of the questions? I'm totally going to.

    1. Which character can you identify with?
    Emily from Since You've Been Gone. I suffer from the same anxiety when I'm around people and in day-to-day life. It's a struggle, and it's often not portrayed very well in YA literature. Morgan Matson did an amazing job. So amazing, in fact, that I should probably look out the window to make sure she's not following me.

    3. Who is/are your best blogging friend(s)?
    Judith @ Paper Riot, my coblogger Tatum, Ellis @ Paper Riot, Meg @ Cuddlebuggery, YOU, Crini @ All About Books, Rinn @ Rinn Reads, my fellow Recaptains... there are so many!

    4. If you could ask for one 2015 release for under the Christmas tree, what title would you ask for?
    Heir of Fire Part 2... *cough* I mean, Throne of Glass #4!

    6. If you could be a Marvel superhero/supervillain, who would you like to be? (And the answer ‘Loki with the looks of Tom Hiddleston, so I can look at my gorgeous face all day’ doesn’t count)
    Thor, because I am a goddess.

    10. Are there certain books you refuse to read and why?
    Fifty Shades of Grey. I am all for reading most genres, I will even read BDSM if I feel like it, but I am not here for romanticising abuse, which is what that book series does. Nope. Never gonna do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LET'S DO THIS BATTLE.

      That's a perfect way to look at it. I think it's also important to get a bond with your followers instead of getting thousands you don't know.

      I didn't know Since you've been gone deals with anxiety. That sounds like something I might 'enjoy'

      YEAY, you are one of my best blogging friends indeed <3

      Delete
  18. You know, I honestly don't think I could ruin Christmas! It's my favorite holiday, so I want everyone to enjoy it! I do like the idea of keeping all of the good presents for myself, though... :)

    It's definitely hard to find a balance between blogging and real life! I always spent a little too much time maintaining my blog while in school, but at home, I find I spend very little time blogging--which has become a problem. Commentinggg. :) Ah, yes! Having bloggy friends nearby would be so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0