I was tagged for it by Karolina from Bookshelf reflections.
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.
1. How would you go about destroying Christmas if the Grinch were forcing you to? Which character would you pick to help you?Ha, I would totally steal everyone’s presents and switch them – and keep the nice stuff for myself of course. I think I could use Celaena’s stealth; she can climb into houses and get everything for me, while I make lists and keep track of the houses.
2. Who do you think is the perfect book boyfriend? What’s your type?I actually wrote a whole post about what I look for in a book boyfriend. There are two types I fall for: quirky, humorous and sassy or silent/broody/intelligent types. I like it when they have imperfections. It makes the more complex and interesting. I don’t like perfect macho-guys or those bad-guys with tormented pasts. I really like Thorne, Sturmhond and Duval (if you don’t know these names, you have some work to do! Lunar Chronicles, Grisha trilogy & His fair assassin series)
3. What do you think is the most challenging part of blogging?Finding a balance between blogging and real life. It’s very easy to spend a lot of time on blogging, but you also have to make sure you get all your other things done.
4. If you could mind-wash any blogger to be your absolute bestie, whom would you choose and why?I’m already friends with a lot of amazing bloggers and the only thing I wish is that I get to know them even better in 2015 (and that they would live closer to me!)
5. What book do you want to see burn?There are a couple of books I hate with a fierce passion, but I still don’t think I would like to see them burn. They just didn’t work for me, but someone else might like them.
6. Think back to your very first weeks as a book blogger. What were your goals? What were your fears? How do you feel looking back?My goals where pretty much: getting a lot of followers and comments. I still love it when I see my followers amount rise & comments are the best, but it’s not why I blog now. My fear was that nobody would be interested and that I wouldn’t fit it. That’s obviously not the case now.
7. You are being forced to re-read one book once a week for fifteen years. Which one do you pick?I’m going to stay away from the obvious picks (Harry Potter or The book thief) and I’m going to pick Rosamund Hodge – Cruel Beauty. This book has so many layers and such a nicely crafted world-building, I think I would discover new things each time. It will keep me occupied.
8. What is the last book you DNF-ed? What’s the last one you raved about?DNF: Jaye Robin Browne – No place to fall.
Rave: Maggie Stiefvater – Blue Lily, Lily Blue.
9. What must the plot of the perfect book entail in your eyes?That is a difficult question.. I don’t think there is one specific thing I look for. I just want the plot to be right for the story. Sometimes that means it’s slow and detailed, sometimes it’s fast-paced and packed with action. It must fit with the story.
10. What character would you like to trade place with?Forever? I would pass. For a day, I would like to be kick-ass, so perhaps Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore. This girl has crazy moves and she can survive anything. I would like to see how it feels to be so powerful and unbeatable. Hopefully I can learn some of those moves.
I believe The Quite Concert and Christina Reads YA aren't tagged yet, so here you go girls.
1. Which character can you identify with?
2. What is your favorite type of cover (and add an example)?
3. Who is/are your best blogging friend(s)?
4. If you could ask for one 2015 release for under the Christmas tree, what title would you ask for?
5. What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
6. If you could be a Marvel superhero/supervillain, who would you like to be? (And the answer ‘Loki with the looks of Tom Hiddleston, so I can look at my gorgeous face all day’ doesn’t count)
7. What does it take to make you fall in love with a book?
8. Favorite quote that has to do with books/reading?
9. What is the last character you hated so much, you wish he/she would just die?
!0. Are there certain books you refuse to read and why?