Frozen book tag.

frozenbooktag
I was tagged by The Writing Hufflepuff. She also created this tag and who doesn’t love some Disney questions? In this tag we are asked questions based on the songs you can hear in the Frozen movie. I tag everyone who wants to fill out these questions too. Let's get started:


Frozen Heart.
Beautiful! Powerful! Dangerous! Cold! What character do you think of when you hear this description?
The first person I could think of, mostly based on the first three descriptions, is Celaena from the Throne of glass series by Sarah J. Maas. If you’ve read this series, I don’t think I have to explain myself. If you haven’t read the series yet, I highly recommend you change that soon. She is an assassin and she has a complex personality. I like how she can come across as cold and like she doesn’t care about anything, but sometimes she shows glimpses of her fragile side.

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

A character you want to build a snowman with?
I’m going to pick one of my book boyfriends and my choice has fallen on Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I think it would be funny to make a snowman while he makes sassy comments.

For the First Time in Forever
You haven’t been able to read anything in a long time and your TBR pile has been growing larger and larger. What book (of your TBR pile, so no rereads) would you pick?
I’m happy I can read most of the times, although I do ‘suffer’ from an always growing TBR pile. I looked at some of my stack of books and I went with  Claire Legrand – Winterspell (seemed appropriate for this tag) It is a retelling of the Nutcracker prince and I can’t wait to see what she did with the story.

Love Is an Open Door
With what book or which character (or both!) would love be an open door with it? Or for what book/which character would you close the door?
That is a difficult question..
Love is an open door book: is it cheating when I say any fairytale retelling?
Love is an open door character: Sturmhond from the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo.
Love is a closed door book: anything written by E.L. James.
Love is a closed door character: bad boys with a tormented past to hide the fact they are just assholes.

Let it Go


A book or book series you used to love but you let it go.
I don’t know. I guess some books or series I read when I was younger. My taste has changed over the years and I don’t think I would enjoy some of the books/series I loved in the past.

Reindeers Books Are Better Than People
Let’s say you’re tired of people today. What book would you rather spend the day with?
Any book would do! I think if I want to read the whole day I should pick up Brandon Sanderon - Mistborn. That will keep me busy for a while.

In Summer


A book perfect for summer!
You know, I don’t have a specific type of book I read in the summer. I know that some people go with contemporaries, but since I generally don’t like those, I always stick with what I love. I’m going with Cinda Williams Chima – The demon king, since I’m planning to binge-read the entire series and summer vacations are perfect for such projects.

Fixer Upper
A book that’s a bit of a fixer-upper and should be fixed with a little bit of love ?
Claudia Gray – A thousand pieces of you has a very interesting concept. I liked most of the characters, but I think the story could use some editing, especially the romance. I wasn’t a fan of the love-interest and how it bordered on becoming a love-triangle.

26 comments

  1. Ahhh what a lovely idea! I will try to fill this out soon-ish ^^

    I haven't read Fifty Shades of Grey yet I don't like the sound of it. I'm usually open to people's different reading taste but I just hate too see my friends reading and loving this book and thinking that Christian Grey is their ideal type of boyfriend because they all certainly deserve better than that.

    As for Throne of Glass, this post is yet another reminder for me to pick up that book ASAP. It is probably one of the most talked about series last year (alongside The Lunar Chronicles) and I'm curious! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I look forward to your answers! I don't want to judge anyone, but Fifty Shades.. I'm silently judging them.

      Delete
  2. What a great post, I loved the gifts.
    I haven't read anythign by E.L James and I'm planning to stay that way too.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Ruty @Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, what a great tag! I will definitely need to take part in this one. The Open Door question confused me for a second, I wasn't entirely sure what they meant. Yeah, I don't want to read anyhting E L James writes. I still don't find it okay that she's made millions on a book that takes it's characters and a lot of plot points from Twilight, kind of feels like stealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool tag, really! I love Frozen so much, it's one of my favourite Disney movies :)
    Your blog is really cool :) I started an English book blog like one month ago (www.fictional-lives.blogspot.de
    Love,
    Lea ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, love it :) I did it myself too. Love this tag and I loooove Frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag was sooo beautiful!! I'm totally gonna do it soon! :3
    Anyway, I agree with Celaena, she's perfect for those adjectives! And... is there really a love triangle in A thousand pieces of you? I was so not expecting that :/ And I want to read it so bad but I kind of hate love triangles :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sort of is. It's not the worst one I've seen so far.

      Delete
  7. Hah I love this tag! It was so fun to read. I think Celaena is the only and perfect choice for that first question, hahah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celaeana is a good choice for Frozen Heart! I can't believe I didn't think of her, haha. I love your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely fun tag! And the Frozen gifs are quite perfect. :D Love your answer to your love is an open door character! Sturmhond! <333

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, this post is all kinds of amazing Mel :D Thank you for writing and sharing with us all. <3 I adore all the Frozen GIFs too, hih :) This movie is awesome. And the songs are gorgeous :D Hoping you'll be reading Winterspell soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a good laugh with this line your wrote "bad boys with a tormented past to hide the fact they are just assholes" haha so true. I think it'd be awesome too to make a snowman with Thorne. I'd probably end up laughing so hard at his sassy comments, I wouldn't be able to help with making the snowman :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these questions! The Disney tags are always adorable. I totally agree with your answer to the first question -- Celaena was such a dynamic and interesting character that she fit all 4 of those descriptions. During Crown of Midnight when she was losing it, she was so detached and cold. I loved it, ha.

    I second you on not liking the bad boys who have a "tormented past" and use it as an excuse to be assholes. Please, give me a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those sad stories doesn't give you a free ticket to do the same to someone else.

      Delete
  13. This is just fabulous. I love me some Frozen songs. XD And, yes yes to building a snowman with Thorne. That would be a hilarious experience. XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally laughed when you mentioned E.L. James because that's exactly how I feel. Thank you for that! But, yeah, completely agree with Sturmhond - I read Siege and Storm last week and I loved him! And I'm reading the second Mistborn right now, it's definitely good for staying in and reading for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute silly tag. I must try that Chimaera book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, I love this tag - your answers were intriguing and honest :) I agree about A Thousand Pieces of You. It had a BEAUTIFUL cover and lovely concept, but the romance was too much at times.

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is fun! It's the first I'm hearing of this tag, actually. :D
    I would love to build a snowman with Thorne! Haha great choice.
    "bad boys with a tormented past to hide the fact they are just assholes."
    I'm getting sick of the bad boy too. And the player.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, this is so cute! And you have such good answers. I so agree about Celaena and that Benedict Cumberbatch GIF made me giggle out loud. That's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE FROZEN. This tag is SO CUTE. Can I build a snowman with you and Thorne please? And Celaena is a PERFECT pick for the first one. I CANT WAIT FOR QUEEN OF SHADOWS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.