It is June! How are you doing? At the end of this post you can put links to your challenge page/post and every review you post on your blog. Please make this easy to navigate by putting it like this:
UPDATE @ your name/blog name.
REVIEW – book title @ your name/blog name.
Also, don't forget to tweet with #FairytaleRC, so everyone can see your updates.
We are half way, can you believe it? So, to celebrate the fact that we are already six months into 2015, I wanted to do a challenge. If you are behind on your goal, this might be the time to read some extra fairytales. I want to remind you though, that there is no 'failing' in this challenge. You must have fun, so don't stress out if you are behind. I wanted to do a themed challenge. Let me introduce you to my 6 favorite Disney/fairytale villains.
1. Maleficent from Sleeping beauty. What I mainly like about her is that she stood up for herself. If someone didn’t invite me I would feel sad about it, but she’s all like ‘BITCHES, you think you can shut me out? Here, I curse your child.’
”Light isn't always good neither shadows are always evil. Light often plays with human eyes and pranks shadows.”
3. The snow queen. In the original fairytale she’s actually not portrayed as evil, which is why Disney turned her into a good character in the form of Elsa. In the legend that inspired Hans Christian Anderson she was some kind of Hades. She was saving lives en she helped the souls to pass to the other side. She changed when people she helped murdered her mortal lover and kidnapped her son.
5. Bluebeard. He manages to keep a room filled with bodies without having it smell. You got to admire that. Also, he rocks a blue beard. It's a shame there is no answer to the question how it all started. His first wife couldn't have found the room, so what started his sick hobby?
Your side-challenge for this month is to read a fairytale retelling with one of these villains in it! It is up to you how ambitious you want to be. I'm going to aim for 3. To help you out, here are some ideas:
1. Elizabeth Blackwell – While beauty slept.
2. Cameron Dokey – The storyteller’s daughter. or Renee Ahdieh – The wrath and the dawn.
3. Anna Ursu – Breadcrumbs.
4. Heidi Schulz – Hook’s revenge.
5. Jane Nickerson – Strands of bronze and gold.
6. Coleen Oakes – The crown. or A.G Howard – Splintered.
Tell me, what are your favorite villains? You can do this in the comments or by writing your own post.