Monday, August 10, 2015 13:25

Monthly recap | July '15. Spain.

recap
This post recaps my month, from personal life to books I’ve read & bought, movies and TV shows I’ve seen and links to posts that interest me.
OUAT1
I had my last day at my internship and I felt really appreciated. I had two job interviews, but both of them didn’t work out.. So I’m on the hunt. I went to a birthday from friends of the family and the guy helped me with my new camera. I got a lot of extra accessories for a good price, so now I am the owner of a Canon 700d! I’ll finally have better quality videos and book photo’s. I had a lunch with my sister to celebrate our graduations and I went glow midget golfing with my boyfriend, my sister and brother-in-law.

The best thing that happened were my three weeks in Spain. I came back yesterday and I will write another post about it, but in one word: FANTASTIC. The weather, the view and the things I did; can I go back please? Here a preview of our private pool and the view.
DPP_0006

I have a vacation hang-over and I think it’s so bad this year, because I don’t feel like real-life at the moment. Oh well. I’m back in the blogging community and I missed you guys! Time to catch up.
 
Read1
Mikaela Everett - The unquiet.   
Mary E. Pearson - The rotten beast.   
Garth Nix - Newt's Emerald.   
Sarah Maguire - Valiant.
A.C Gaughen - Lady Thief.   
Kasie West - The distance between us.
Melissa de la Cruz - The ring and the crown.   
Nora Suma Renn - 17 & Gone.   
A.C Gaughen - Lion heart.   
Reneé Ahdieh - The wrath and the dawn.
   
Mackenzi Lee - This monstrous thing.   
Elizabeth Wein - Code name verity.   
McCormick Templeman - The glass casket.   
S.E Grove - The glass sentence.   
Becky Wallace - The storyspinner.   
Kelly Barnhill - Iron-hearted Violet.
   
Gail Carson Levine - Ella Enchanted.   
egsdsdg
MOVIES:
Kingsman: The secret agency. Haha, weird, but really fun and entertaining.
Spy (2015). Not as funny as expected.
Cinderella (2015). Rewatch.
X-men: days of future past. Terrible. I love the X-men movies, but that damn time travel..
Horrible bosses. Rewatch.
Minions: LOVED IT.

TV-SHOWS:
Orange is the New black: season 2 and 3 finished.
Vikings: season 2 and 3 finished. Amazing show.
Agent carter: First episode from season 1 and I can’t wait to see more.
OUAT: finally finished season 4. It was pretty good. Some annoying things, but enjoyable.
2 broke girls: started season 4 and I’m on episode 7 now. Still hilarious.
Book haul
NOTHING. I did it.

I did get a lot of other cute things. A couple of dresses and two graduation presents: a beautiful hand-made necklace and a pair of hand-made earrings. And of course this bad boy, together with: the kit lens 18-55 mm, a 24 mm lens, a bag and a tripod.:

canon700d_2_011818151482_640x360

dingamebobs
This is something new I want to add to my monthly recaps. You can always find tons of links to interesting posts on Christina reads YA and I thought it would be fun to highlight some articles and news that interest me. It is divided in Whozits (random stuff with gadgets and gismos for YT and scientific articles) and Whatzits (bookish).Some random things:
Taylor Swift Shake it off Disney style.
Very cool Disney princess medley.
One woman Frozen medley.
One woman Beauty and the beast medley.
Powerful ‘you look disgusting’ video.

How was your month?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

32 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new camera Mel! A 700D is a good investment. Almost semi-pro in terms of quality of pictures! Taking pictures with that will be awesome and much more detailed :D I can't wait to see your shots :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just a smidge jealous of your canon camera. Just a smidge. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Kingman is my favourite movie EVER!!! I saw Spy too and I have to say I was also underwhelmed :( awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to go to Spain! I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spain is on my bucket list. Can't wait for your posts. Kingsman was weird and super fun. I have been meaning to read Lady Thief for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah you read so many great books! and Spain!?!? Amazing! I have never been== but really want to :) I bet it was magical. Can't wait to see pics!
    How did you like Newt's Emerald? I have Unquiet, I hope it's creepy (is it creepy?) haha I will deFinitey keep an eye out foR your reviews Mel!

    Diamond @ Diamond's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit disappointed by Newt's Emerald :( The unquiet was okay!

      Delete
  7. Wow, that picture is gorgeous! I'd love to travel to Spain someday. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time. And good luck on your job hunting, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WELCOME BACK, MEL! <3 I'm so happy you had a great time in Spain and I hope you're feeling well-rested after your vacation. All the best for your job-hunt too. We can cheer each other on – we're in the same boat right now. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh your Spain trip looks amazing!! I also have lots of faith in you to get a new job soon! Stay strong and don't give up!! Good job on not getting any new books this month. ;) I hope August is going fabulously for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you'll find a job in no time! You're smart and kind, and anyone would be lucky to work with you and have such an asset in their enterprise. Wow you read quite a bit ! I can't wait to read your thoughts on Unquiet and This Monstrous Thing. Storyspinner, Wrath, and Kasie's book are all favorite of mine. I LOVE the minions movie and oooh pretty camera.

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched Minions too! Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. Most of the funny scenes were shown on the trailer so I wasn't laughing as hard compared to the first time I saw it. It was still a great movie though! And wow you read a lot of books last month! Hope you have an awesome August and good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I try to stay away from trailers :)!

      Delete
  12. Welcome back Mel, Spain looked completely beautiful and sounded amazing! So good to have you back! Good luck on finding a new job hun. Wow, you read some pretty amazing books, I've just ordered Wrath and the Dawn and can't wait to read it. I've heard great things about Lady Thief as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for being back :D It sounds like you had an AMAZING July, Mel. <3 Thank you for sharing about what you did sweet girl :) Yay for 3 weeks in Spain! Ahhh. I am so jealous :D So thrilled you had a great time. <3 And yay for having read so many amazing books too :) This means you loved The Glass Sentence, yes? I hope so :) (It was four stars for me last year, but really, really liked it.) I hope you are having an amazing August so far sweet girl :D Happy reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted to go to Spain. I have relatives there. When I go backpacking to Europe, I will use my aunt's home as a starting point. :D

    Hurray for the new camera!

    ~ Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your recaps are so darn adorable! I love getting a glimpse of what your month was like. Yay for a beautiful new camera and hurrah for an awesome trip to Spain. Can't wait to read the post about your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa :D I always enjoy writing them, so it's great to hear positive feedback!

      Delete
  17. YAY for your vaca being SO AMAZING! I already can't wait for your recap post :D Oh and another 'YAY' for your new camera ♥ I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy Days of Future Past though - I loved it but then again, I'm a sucker for Time-Travel hehe! I can't believe I finished OUaT S04 before you did :O It took me a while to get into the show, tbh..I had some issues with Season 2, 3 and especially the Frozen part (gah!) but I ended up really enjoying the last half of S04! I still need to watch OitNB though, but hopefully soon!

    In any case, welcome back love ♥ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. I've been so busy that I just didn't have the time to finish Once upon a time, but I'm all caught up now :D

      Delete
  18. Jealous of the new camera! I'm going to get one as a YouTube 5K present to myself, so I hope it happens soon! Good luck with the job hunt, it is not fun at all, ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, fun! That is a great present for yourself :D

      Delete
  19. WELCOME BACK MEL! I can't wait to hear about Spain - the pictures i've seen so far were BEAUTIFUL! I know job hunting can be stressful so I hope it is going well - stay positive - you are amazing and you WILL find something :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That picture is so beautiful! Welcome back, and I am so happy you had a good time. It is nice to escape into real life from time to time.

    You also got a lot of reading finished! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome back! I'm glad to hear you had a good time :) How awesome is it that you had your own private pool! That camera looks really good and professional :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0