Friday, January 01, 2016 11:50

Retelling January '16 | Recap of 2015.

Retelling challenge button

First off, if you haven't signed up for this challenge, you can until February 1st. Go to the introduction post with the master sign-up linky.

Other technical details: don't forget to tweet and Instagram with the hash-tag #fairytaleRC.

Can you believe it’s already 2016 and that we are starting a new, clean sheet? Let’s keep those fairytale retellings coming! I hope you are all ready to get some reading done (let me know in the comments which level you are aiming for and what your first book might be.) At the end of this post you can put links to your challenge page/post and every review you post on your blog. Please make this easy to navigate by putting it like this:

UPDATE  @ your name/blog name. This is your master post, like your challenge page.
REVIEW – book title @ your name/blog name.

I am SO excited you guys! There was a moment where I wasn’t sure if I wanted to host the challenge again. It’s quite time consuming and I wasn’t sure if I had enough ideas, but then I had a moment of inspiration and I wrote down tons of ideas for the monthly posts. It’s a shame I didn’t receive many feedback on my November 2015 post, but I got a few new ideas from people and I will work with it.
I thought this would be a good time to recap the Fairytale challenge from 2015 and to give you a little view of what you can expect from 2016.

Sign-up post, where 142 participants joined.
January | Fairytale beginnings.
February | Quiz to find out your ending.
March | Discussion: are fairytales over?
April | Uprooted giveaway.
May | My ideas for fairytale retellings.
June | Favorite villains.
July | Dressing up.
August | Fairytale recommendations.
September | In defence of Disney princesses.
October | True stories.
November | Feedback.
December | Bingo card.

The bingo card was posted December 2015, but you have the chance until March 1st to finish the card. This will give you an extra entry in the giveaway I will host in December, so make sure you place the card somewhere on your social media, so I can find it back as prove. Here is the card again:

Bingo fairytale card[16]

One square is enough to qualify for the extra points in the giveaway!

What can you expect from this challenge in 2016?
I am planning to integrate Youtube and/or Instagram into the challenge. I have a puzzle, a new quiz, discussion posts, information and hopefully a few more challenges. I'm also going to place a bigger focus on other retellings than fairytales, to make sure this challenge is suited for everyone! I'm also using at least one guest post, so I think we are up to some fun posts!

If there is something you really want to see, let me know!
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

26 comments:

  1. For this month, I'm planning to read Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis and Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay. I can't wait to start the challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love the idea of incorporating a Bingo along with this!! I plan to read a lot of fairy tale retelling this year (like always)! I hope I'll have some time to post up my challenge post soon. Good luck with hosting the challenge this year and Happy New Year to you :D

    Aentee at Read at Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for hosting this challenge again! I'm really looking forward to it and I love the bingo card. I'm already starting my year off reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH NOOOOO. I'm only allowing myself to do 2 challenges tis year because of time and I didn't know you were hosting this awwwwwwwwwwww. NEXT YEAR FOR SURE. DAMMIT I LOVE RETELLINGS AND THE BINGO CARD IS SO COOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is awesome!! I didn't realise it was an annual thing. I'm going to have fun reading everyone else's posts, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I am starting The Re-retelling challenge with Cinder :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg i didn't even know you were hosting this but i feel like i should've expected it from you. i don't do challenges because i never have the drive to finish through them but this sounds like a lot of fun. i don't actually read a lot of retellings and i totally should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could join on the sideline, not officially signing up, but still challenging yourself to read more retellings :D

      Delete
  8. It sounds so exciting. This is the first time I'm doing this challenge, so I'm not sure what to expect from it, but your ideas sound very good :-)

    I'm just aiming for the first level. I'm a very slow reader, so I'm tryong to keep this realistic ;-)
    My first read will probably be "The Girls at the Kingfisher Club" which tides up nicely with my Twenties blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Realistic is always good! Happy reading :D

      Delete
  9. Hm, by completing the bingo, I'd complete the whole challenge (I set myself a goal of up to 9 books)! :) I'm excited to hear you have new things planned for this year, I hope to participate more than last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to cross every square off, of course :) it's just to give you some ideas.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous post Mel. <3 But ahhh, I haven't decided yet what book to read this month. Eeeek. I shall figure it out soonish, though :D So excited. <3 First and only challenge I'm taking part in, lol. Hope I will do it right :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like so much fun! But I never do reading challenges because I know they'll stress me out later in the year. :| Have fun this, Mel! <33

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay. I have a question... Any book suggestions for a gender-bender? The one Mulan book I know (The Wild Orchid by Cameron Dokey) of I've already read and I don't want to re-read since I have so many books to read this year. I was going to see how many squares I could get, but I may just have to skip that one.

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacey Jay - Princess of thorns! And in my December link up, there are a few more suggestions :)

      Delete
    2. Already read Princess of Thorns too. Bummer! I'll look at your December link up and see what other suggestions you have... Thanks for responding! :)

      Delete
  13. Good luck with the challenge Mel, the bingo card idea looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mel, I'm sorry I don't understand the bingo card, should I fill it with the fairytales I read for the 2015 challenge? or is it for the 2016 challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started in December 2015 and will end March 2016 :)

      Delete
  15. I am trying for Goose Girl level and have just finished Mirrored as my first book. I love the idea of the bingo card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay so the monthly update linky closed ALREADY?! Dang! Well I'll just post my link-up in the comments, I only managed one this month anyway!

    REVIEW - Winter @ Chased By My Imagination/Katrina:
    http://chasedbymyimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/book-review-winter-marissa-meyer.html

    Awesome Bingo Card, I have too much going on to join in but wish all participants the best of luck haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0