Saturday, February 20, 2016 06:00

Love-a-thon kick off | Questionnaire.

loveathonHosted by: Alexa (Alexa Loves Books), Cee (The Novel Hermit), Hazel (Stay Bookish) & Mel (The Daily Prophecy)

Hello everyone to this wonderful day. It is the time where we kick off the Love-a-thon event! It is time to post your answer to the questionnaire and to hop around different blogs to get to know new people. This post also contains the list with participating people and even the first giveaway.

Also, don't forget to check out Instagram (with Alexandra (@twirlingpages, Aly (@alybabybooks and Mara (@bookmarauders as our ambassadors), Youtube (with Anabel-In the Book Corner, Kristin-Super Space Chick and Tiffany-About to Read as our ambassadors) and Twitter with the hash tag #Loveathon to keep up with the different platforms!

·      

dMwP9uWc
  1. What’s your name?
    Melanie, but Mel to all my friends.
  2. Where in the world are you blogging from? The Netherlands, country that is probably known for cheese, windmills, tulips and clogs (plus two other things I would like to ignore)
  3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
    It all started on Goodreads (follow/friend me if you like!), where I saw people linking back to their blog. One day I decided I wanted to do the same and I took the jump.
  4. How did you come up with your blog name?
    It is a nod to Harry Potter (The Daily Prophet) and I have no idea, it just popped in my head and I still love it.
  5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
    Fantasy and fairytale retellings, my two favorite things in the world.
  6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
    I post the occasional discussion post, I have something called Fairytale News where I talk about all the fairytales. I also like to ramble about movies/TV shows, specifically Disney.
  7. Best blogging experience so far?
    I think making friends all over the world. I think it is amazing I've finally found people who love to read too. Also, I've gotten so many awesome opportunities, like having my name added in the acknowledgment of Cress, being mentioned on the Harper Collins website with my review for The Queen of the Tearling, starting of my book club and being asked for amazing events like this! Also, meeting Leigh Bardugo was the BEST.
  8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
    Talking, raving, shouting, discussing and ranting about books.
  9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
    Mindy McGinnis – The female of the species.
    Victoria Schwab – This savage song.
    Cat Winters – Yesternight.
    Marissa Meyer – Heartless.
    Sarah J. Maas – A court of mist and fury.
  10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years! Rachel Cain – Ink and bone.
    Ransom Riggs – Library of souls.
    Liz Braswell – A whole new world.
    Elizabeth May – The vanishing throne.
    Erin Bowman – Vengeance road.
  11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? Everything by Juliet Marillier, hands down.
  12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? I think a lot of people are going to say this, but I would be best friend with Hermione for sure.
  13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? I love the moody, serious, intelligent type of guys, but at the same time I also love sarcasm, so I would like to have a blend of Beast (Dark Triumph), Sturmhond (Grisha), Thorne (Lunar Chronicles) and Chaol (Throne of glass)
  14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max) Celaena, because she is a bad-ass. [Throne of glass]
    Katsa, that girl knows how to fight. [Graceling]
    Allison, battles with vampires and fights with a katana. [The immortal rules]
    Hermione, because magic always comes in handy. [Harry Potter]
    Nina, because damn girl! [Six of crows]
  15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I'm a big Netflix addict. Give me all the movies and TV shows! I love playing games, board games or PS3/Nintendo. I love hanging out with friends, boyfriend and family. I like writing and I used to paint/draw a lot and I wish to pick it up again.
  16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? Clothes, definitely. Wearing new clothes makes me feel so confident.
  17. What would your dream library look like?
    Beauty and the beast, oh yeah.


It is not too late to join, you have until midnight to sign-up!



author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

30 comments:

  1. Melllllll ahaha as soon as you said 2 things the Netherlands is famous for that you'd rather not think about I IMMEDIATELY knew what they were.
    I totally didn't know your blog name is inspired by HP, that is so cool! I feel a bit dumb for not making the connection actually.
    I am soooooo excited for ACOMAF and yay for having Celaena (and Hermione) in our survival crews! Also, I can't wait for you to read Vengeance Road I think it's totally underrated. Love it love it.
    YES FOR BEAUTY AND THE BEAST LIBRARY. I HAVE THIS TOO! Hi5. I think it's our love for fantasy and fairy tales :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog name is my favorite ever. A Court of Mist and Fury is my most anticipated book of the year! I'm really excited for This Savage Song too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melllllllllll. This Love-A-Thon is gonna be frickin' excited, and I'm so happy I'm co-hosting with you, Alexa, and Hazel!

    MY EXCITEMENT FOR THIS SAVAGE SONG IS INDESCRIBABLE, HENCE WHY I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS. EEEEP. I actually found The Female of the Species today, and oh my god, I've read the first two chapters, and let's just say, I'm so ready for this book. Like now.

    Ha, I picked Inej over Nina for my apocalypse crew because stealth and all, but Nina's skills would come in handy. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't know you were from the netherlands and i honestly think that's SO COOL. i've always wanted to visit as i find the country to be beautiful! you have such an epic apocalypse team and make me reconsider not answering the question on my post ahah. I'M SO EXCITED FOR HEARTLESS AIUSJKHFK. and i never thought about B&B for the dream library question, but now that i think of it, IT'S PERFECT. thanks for hosting such a fun event!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was there ever any doubt about what you'd answer for the dream library question? ;) Beauty & the Beast library = goals. And eep, I didn't know Mindy McGinnis has a new release for 2016. Exciting! So thrilled that we're co-hosts for this year's loveathon, Mel! It's gonna be awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mel! *waves Let me just say that we can squee over THORNE and CHAOL! EEEEE! Seriously though, I think Belle's library is the awesomest library ever! That is why Beast is the best Disney Male Character ever! I was 7 when Beauty and the Beast first came out and I already knew what my dream library would be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS A LOT FOR HOSTING THE EVENT THIS ROUND MEL!!! I am so excited!!!
    THIS SAVAGE SONG!!! I am dying to read that book! And Heartless, because VILLAIN POV!!!
    Oh Mel, that book boyfriend of yours would be perfect! If you do find one, ask if he has a brother, okay? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, The Female of the Species sounds pretty intense and dark...and I definitely want to read it. Thank you for putting that on my radar! And thank you for hosting this event this year :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting this Loveathon, its been great so far. Wow, you were mentioned in Cress,that is an amazing achievement!
    I'm a big Netflix lover too, its Pretty Little Liars at the moment.
    Happy Loveathon.
    Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I'm a fellow Disney lover<3 My second Love-A-Thon post is Disney themed! I am SO looking forward to ACOMAF and Heartless! I just want Marissa Meyer to write books about every fairytale character! And I also really want to read Ink and Bone this year! I just recently picked up my first Juliet Marillier books and Im eager to get to those too! Ahhh what are some of your favorite board games? My fiance and I love hosting game nights with friends! (if you can't tell I've been adding to my comment as I read your post lol!) And yes! Belle's library is goals<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had A Court of Mist and Fury on my list as well! and the library from Beauty and the Beast is how I picture my dream library too! nice to meet you Melanie!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi from nearby Belgium! I love the solidarity within the blogging community! Keep it up guys!
    Rochelle @ Cover2Cover (http://www.chocomeiske.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, I love that library you posted a pic of...
    It is so awesome you got to be metioned in the acknowledgment of Cress.
    I feel you when you say it started with Goodreads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beauty & the Beast library was my choice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We got so many similar answers - haha. I also picked Hermione as my BFF, Thorne as my book boyfriend and the Beauty and the Beast Library. Love to hear you're from the Netherlands - I'm so curious to visit (also, it's nice to see other bloggers not from the US :x).

    Bruna Writes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hermione would be an fantastic best friend and your Apocalypse team is basically made of awesome ♥ Celaena + Hermione would be EPIC. LOVE Chaol and Thorne and I also CANNOT wait for ACOMAF :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous post Mel :D I love this so much. <3 Yay for love-a-thon :) I didn't sign up for it, but love that you are hosting. <3 And curious about all the posts :) This is pretty amazing. I love your sort of interview with yourself, hih. You are awesome Mel :) Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree 100% with you on Belle's library. That has been my dream library since I was 5 years old. Also, this love-a-thon is one of the coolest things I've ever discovered!!! Just joined!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I freaking love that you simply told everyone to read Juliet Marillier. She's such a brilliant writer, and I really need to get on with reading the rest of the backlist! Also, I totally want to visit the Netherlands some day - and we better meet when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I really enjoyed reading your answers. I am also really looking forward to Heartless and A Court of Mist and Fury! Thorne is definitely one of my favorite book boyfriends. (He is just amazing!) The only book I've read from your books to read this year that you missed is Vengeance Road. I LOVED it! I hope you enjoy reading all the books you have listed.
    I love playing board and video games too. And Netflix is so easy to become addicted to.
    Awesome post! :D
    Stephanie @ My Bookish Itinerary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beauty and the Beast library, such a good answer!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wooo! I put Katsa and Hermione on my apocalypse squad too! And I almost put Nina! Love her! I loved Vengeance Road! I hope you do too! I am hoping to read The Falconer and The Vanishing Throne this year! I've heard awesome things!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I didn't realize your blog name was derived from Harry Potter, but that's so cool! Fantasy and fairytale retellings are my favorite too. I love being transported into completely different worlds. AND THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST LIBRARY IS INCREDIBLE. Such an amazing answer -- I wish I'd thought of it!

    Also, thanks for being one of the hosts for the Love-a-Thon! I haven't been able to participate much as of yet, but it's been really awesome discovering new blogs and learning new things about bloggers I already knew about!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that your blog name is also a nod to Harry Potter! Because Loony Literate is obviously Luna ;) I love reading all these posts. Yay love-a-thon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh, I hadn't heard of The Female of the Species and Yesternight, but they both sound really interesting! And I'll have to check out Juliet Marillier's books! Thanks so much for hosting the LoveAThon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am VERY late to the party, like, the decorations are in the trash and everything, but thank you for sharing all of this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Of course these are considered to be quite evident and one nearly have to place everything right in this regard if he really wanted to be successful. survey design services

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0