Friday, April 01, 2016 20:15

Monthly Recap March '16 | Lots of good food.

Monthly-recap_thumb6 This post recaps my month: my personal life, all the books I’ve read & bought, movies and TV shows I’ve seen and links to posts that interest me.
OUAT_thumb3I went to the Ikea with my boyfriend and my parents to finally pick up our last pieces of furniture. We are almost done for the house-warming, which we will celebrate together with my birthday in April. So, most of March we've been busy with the house.

I went to the hairdresser together with my sister and we tried a new one. I loved it! Head massage and warm towels to activate a hairmask; it was like a mini spa. The guy also cut my hair in a fantastic way and showed me a quick method to make beachy waves. My hair has never looked so good!

I went out to dinner with my boyfriend and we had some of the best spareribs ever. We also ordered sushi at my parents house, I went out to have a Libanese mezze dinner with my family-in-law for Easter and I went to the book club, so I had some tasty meals this month. We had Easter breakfast and a board game day with my family for Easter. I won with Monopoly from my father, boyfriend and brother in law. Ha!

Read_thumb5

This is a feature, started by Quartz Feather and co-hosted by The Daily Prophecy, where you divide the books you’ve read during the month in To read {recommended} and Not to read {not recommended}. Additionally, you can talk about the books you’re planning to read next month. You can link-up in the Linky down below.


readread2

Recommended.
Jodi Meadows – The mirror king. 4.5/5.
Maria Snyder – Night study. 3/5.
Paula Stokes – Girl against the universe. 4/5.
Liesl Shurtliff – Red: the true story of Red Riding Hood. 3/5.
Neil Gaiman – Neverwhere, BBC audio. 4/5.
Rachel Caine – Ink and bone. 4.5/5.

Not recommended.
Sarah Ahiers – Assassin's heart.
Rosamund Hodge – But world enough and time. 2/5.
Rosamund Hodge – Perfect world. 2.5/5.
Not a bad month! I fell in love with The mirror king, Girl against the universe & Ink and bone.  I also found out that I quite like audio drama,. Neverwhere had awesome voice actors and I always love Gaiman's creative stories.
Watched_thumb5Movies.
1. Ride-along part 2. Funny.
2. My fake fiancé. Not the best, but enjoyable enough for one time.
3. The martian. Good! I liked it much better than the book.
4. Daddy's home. Hehe, stupid humor that did make me laugh.
5. Sisters. That was okay.
6. The amazing Spiderman 2. First time I saw a Spiderman movie and now I know why. What a terrible movie, damn. So much romance.. I want action people!

TV shows.
1. White collar season 4, still a big fan.
2. Reign season 1. So many pretty clothes. Such pretty girls. So unrealistic and annoying, yet addictive.
3. New Girl, up to date.
4. The big bang theory, up to date.


bookhaul_thumb2

March incomingphone casepre-order swagredubble

A nice stack of new books. The two on the bottom called 'De Dwergen' are part of a German series that is translated into Dutch. It means The dwarves and Markus Heitz is a really good author. I also got a new phone case, received my swag because I pre-ordered The forbidden wish & I placed my first order on Redbubble. I choose a few stickers and I'm impressed! Great quality, fast shipping and affordable prices. My new order is already on its way, haha.
dingamebobs_thumb2_thumb4
You can always find tons of links to interesting posts on Christina reads YA and I thought it would be fun to highlight some articles and news that interest me. It is divided in Whozits (random stuff with gadgets and gismos for YT and scientific articles) and Whatzits (bookish).


Whozits.
Scientists have grown a first-of-its-kind functional heart muscle from stem cells. "Regenerating a whole heart is most certainly a long-term goal that is several years away, so we are currently working on engineering a functional myocardial patch that could replace cardiac tissue damaged due [to] a heart attack or heart failure," said researcher Jacques Guyette from the Massachusetts General Hospital Centre for Regenerative Medicine (CRM).

Surgeons can now practice on 3D printed hearts. What a wonderful, comforting idea!

Whatzits.
17 truths only book lovers will understand.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, and Ikea trip! I went there yesterday as well (it's biking distance for me) to check out things I'd like for my new place, because I'm moving as well :D Good to here you're almost there with all of your furniture - it's nice when everything comes together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IKEA! I'm honestly in love with their furniture, and how you can make it work for you, and I just love visiting IKEA. Hope you'll do a little tour of your home (if you're comfy with that) soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Seems like a productive month for you. :) I always feel quesy with going to new hairdresser's. Glad that you had such a great experience.

    Great books you read! Wish you a nice April :)

    Have a look at my March Wrap Up @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for more recommendations than not! I really want to read Girl Against The Universe. Paula Stokes actually did a guest post about portraying mental health correctly on someone else's blog and that's truly what got me interested in it. Hopefully I'll like it just as much or more than you did!

    I need to catch up on New Girl! I usually want for it to go on Netflix and I think I'm one season behind, haha. Not much, but still.

    Cheers to an awesome March and future awesome April!

    Jess @ Princessica of Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had a great month! And I'm glad to hear ink and Bone is good - it's next on my reading pile :) And majorly jealous of your Ikea trip - I haven't had a good wander around Ikea for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great month, busy all around! Happy April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your updates always feature food Mel! IT sounds like you had some really delicious meals and it's a great feeling getting a good haircut.YES I'm so glad you loved Ink and Bone, I absolutely LOVED that book! I wasn't a big fan of Assassin's Heart either.

    OMG you've picked up some of my favourite books, in particularly the Parsitology series! I hope you love it Mel, I think it's totally up your alley!

    Have a lovely month, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I wish we had floo-powder because I'd love to crash your house warming XD Congrats on the Monopoly win too - I never, ever win at that game and it usually ends up making me cranky LOL! Oh and YAY for new hairdresser success! Nothing feels quite as good as a successful hair cut ♥

    I still need to read Orphan Queen and Ink and Bone but hopefully I'll get to both soon! I haven't read The Martian either but I saw the movie (gasp!) and really enjoyed it too! Still loving Big Bang Theory myself :) Here's to a wonderful April Mel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay :D It sounds like you had such an amazing March sweet girl. <3 Thank you for sharing this lovely recap :) You are awesome. And yay for reading lots of great books :D I also loved The Mirror King. <3 So glad you loved it too. But aw.. Girl Against the Universe.. I think I gave it, uhm, three? stars. Wait. No. I just checked. It was a two star. I just did not remember at all, lol, because I did not like it much at all, sad face. But so glad you weren't disappointed, like I was :) Anyway. I hope April will be all kinds of amazing for you sweetie. <3 YAY for birthday month :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh all those descriptions of food are really making my mouth water haha. Sounds like you had a busy, but fun month :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had an amazing month Mel! I love getting a head massage at the hairdressers. It just makes it so relaxing. Glad to hear you're all settled into your house now!

    Reign is super addictive. It's definitely not got the best acting, but there's something about it that makes it hard to stop watching. But I adore Mary and Francis.

    I hope April is just as amazing for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0