Monday, April 25, 2016 06:00

Tour | What I love about ACOTAR,

ACOTAR readalong

I was asked by Alexa and Bloomsbury to participate in this event where multiple blogs share their reasons why they love ACOTAR. I'm in the middle of rereading this book, so it is a perfect timing to share you why you should pick up this book if you haven't read it yet! You can also read my review of A court of thorns and roses.

1. It is a retelling of Beauty and the beast. tumblr_n76bxhvSm21tx9vazo1_500
Sarah managed to craft a new story with the basics of my favorite fairytale of all time. I think she did the story justice with her creativity. The world-building is based on fey and the difficult life conditions for mortals after they build the wall to separate their lands from the fey. Feyre makes the mistake of killing a fey and has to pay the price by leaving her world behind. Feyre is in no way similar to the Belle in Disney, but I love her all the same. She is feisty and loyal to her family, even when they not always appreciated her hard work to keep them alive. She is trust into a dangerous world and I admire her for her strength.

2. The beast reminds me of Richard Armitage.
giphy
I already talked about this in my post where I showed you all the actors I would pick for my ACOTAR cast (definitely check it out, lots of pretty people) and who does not like to read about a character that reminds you of this handsome guy? His broody look and his low voice are perfect for the role of Tamlin if you ask me. #TeamTamlin by the way. He stole my heart the moment he tried to compliment Feyre, in his own way.

3. Complexity.
From the world-building to the characters, this book is complex and layered. I loved every character and how they added something unique to the story. There is Tamlin, who has to deal with a lot of shit, his sarcastic friend Lucian and the mysterious Rhysand, a character you love to hate. The fact that this world is based around the fey works so really well in Beauty and the beast, something I'd never expected. There is also a delicious romance based on hate-to-love, which I always adore, and it never takes over from the plot.  I liked the build-up and how is added something to the plot rather than overwhelm it.

4. THERE IS A MAP.
1fdbce65ed897aadb6d9f12bc629c203
I talked about this with the book club and we had the same thoughts: we love maps! It's pretty to look at, even when we don't use it while reading. For some reason I always create a world that looks different, but I love to see how the author envisioned their world. I just love art work and I thin it adds something special, especially with fantasy and their (most of the times) complex worlds.

So, did I sway you to pick it up?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did sway me! I've heard so much about it, but hadn't had time to read it. I will definitely read it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ACOTAR! I'm planning to re-read it again this week in preparation for ACOMAF's release :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I hadn't already read this you would have convinced me to do so Mel! As it is, I am CRAVING ACOMAF so bad, it's almost ridiculous! I can't wait to see what's in store for Feyre, Tamlin and the rest of this magical crew ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACOTAR was one of my favorite readings of 2015. I loved everything about it. If I hadn't read it already, you would have had convinced me to read it at the "It is a retelling of Beauty and the beast" (retellings of Beauty and the Beast are my favorites).

    Happy readings! ;)

    PS. #TeamTamlin too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, Mel!! Now that I have much more free time I really can't wait to pick it up! Especially since I know how amazing Sarah J Maas's writing is from TOG. Somehow I'm positive I will enjoy ACOTAR as well. Plus, Belle used to be my favorite Disney princess so bonus points xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it when I first read it and I've been meaning to read it again! The map is SO great and so are all the characters like you mentioned (though I def hate Rhys haha). Team Tamlin always!! Ooooh Richard Armitage is a great choice; I was picturing Chris Hemsworth myself, the whole golden lion thing. I loved all of the Beauty and the Beast allusions (art instead of the library!) and thought Sarah did such a wonderful job tying it into her fey mythology. If I hadn't read it, you would have easily convinced me with your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really, really want to read this. I found a great hardcover copy at the recent library booksale, so yay! And the map is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay :D Lovely post Mel. <3 I love that you love this book. It is not for me, sadly, not ever, lol, but it do seem interesting even so :) Yay for pretty map :D Ahh, I love that. <3 Hugs. I hope you will love book two oh so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ACOTAR was one of my favourites last year because I just loved how complex it was and that hate to love romance! I just LOVED the three swoony guys (especially Tamlin) and Feyre's strength and loyalty to her family as well. Lovely post Mel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0