Tuesday, May 31, 2016 20:45

Monthly recap May '16 | Sadness, celebrations & Mumford and sons.

Monthly-recap_thumb6This post recaps my month: my personal life, all the books I’ve read & bought, movies and TV shows I’ve seen and links to posts that interest me.
OUAT_thumb3
May really left me with mixed feelings.

Two days ago I got the news that a friend got killed in a car accident. I'm still in a state of confusion and shock. It seems so unreal. The last time I saw him was when had our graduation together. Such a happy moment. He had this silly type of humor that often made us roll our eyes, but that is also something that made him for who he was. Four years of friendship and despite the fact we did have less contact these past few months, I will miss him and his updates on Facebook. Only twenty two and now he can never live up to his full potential. It makes me angry and sad.

Back to the other things I did in May..

We celebrated two birthdays: my sister turned 22 and my grandfather achieved the awesome age of 80. I feel even more blessed that I have him (and my other grandparents) still around. For my grandfather's birthday we went out for dinner to a wok restaurant. Good food!

I went to Jungle book (loooved it) and a fair with my boyfriend, where we tried to win some stuffed animals (and failed of course, haha). He gave me some beautiful roses to celebrate  he fact we are together for 7.5 years. We visited a Japanese garden, but it wasn't as pretty as it was in Autumn. We had a lovely walk though and it reminded me to do this more often.

I saw MUMFORD AND SONS with my sister. It was one of the best nights. Such good music, such a beautiful voice and so much energy. It has been my favorite band for quite some time now, so seeing them live was like a dream come true. They definitely settled their place as favorite, because they are so freaking good. We heard one of their newest songs and they invited Babaa Maal, so that was special! There will be time. According to someone in the comments, his text means: You are my only love. Your love makes me loves this world. Let me tell you that I really love you .Let's stop all the hate and gossip and focus on love.
Mumford and sons
Read_thumb5 1. Brittany Calavaro – A study in Charlotte. Not for me.
2. Maggie Stiefvater – The raven boys (reread)
3. Maggie Stiefvater – The dream thieves (reread)
4. Danielle Jensen – Warrior witch.
5. Sophie Jordan – Reign of shadows.
6. Amy Tintera – Ruined. LOVED IT.
7. Wendy Higgins – The great hunt.

Watched_thumb5
Movies.
1. Jungle book. It was super! I loved how real the animals looked and King Louie was terrifying. Plus, fantastic voice casting.
2. The wolf of Wall street. Saw it for the second time and Leo is a genius here.
3. Mr. Right. Hehe. Not the best movie, but it was enjoyable and made me laugh a couple of times.

TV shows.
1. Vikings, season 4. AHHH. It is so good and what a cliff-hanger for this season stop.
2. New girl, it's starting to get better.
3. Jane the virgin. I'm on episode 8 now and I like it.
4. Game of thrones. YES. YES. YES. I'm loving it.
bookhaul_thumb2BookhaulKoi brushesShadow and boneNintendo 

This was another month where I splurged a little. I got three highly anticipated books (A court of mist and fury, The forbidden orchid & The rose and the dagger), plus I found some books for a nice bargain price. I invested in these beautiful Koi brush pens to use for lettering and decorations in my bullet journal. I'm completely back into my creavity. Here you can also see one of the drawings I made and for a first attempt after a long time, I'm quite satisfied with the result.

Last thing I got was a Nintendo 3DS XL. I've wanted a Nintendo for such a long time. I loved my gameboy color when I was younger, so when I found a good deal I decided to take it. I have Super marios bros 2 and Yoshi island (youth sentiment, such a cute game)

How was your May?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

13 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It never seems fair when young people our age just aren't here one day anymore. I hope you'll get through this rough time! <3

    Sounds like you did a lot of great things in May though! :) I missed Mumford and Sons! :/ They had a concert near my place and I totally missed it, which really sucks because I love them! -.-

    You've read so much this month! That's great. I 'only' managed 5 books :)

    I love Jane The Virgin! I'm on season 2 now, but still not up to date. Are you still on season 1?

    Here's my May Wrap Up @ Swissbookworm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I know I mentioned this in the comments, but I'm really sorry about your friend, Mel! I hope you and his family and friends are okay!

    Your new books are so enticing! I haven't read The Wrath and the Dawn or ACOTAR yet, but I hope to do so this summer. I'm glad that you got the sequels to those books :D I hope you enjoy the books that you have, Mel, and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend - it's always awful losing someone, especially when they're so young.

    That's great that you got to see Mumford and Sons though! I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed Ruined as it looks amazing and I've been hearing great things so looking forward to reading it! I also need to get me a copy of A Court of Mist and Fury urgently ah!

    I hope you have a lovely June! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. :( Life can be so unexpected. You never know what will/can happen next. I hope you are feeling better.

    Yoshi Island is such a cute game. *.* Your bullet journal is so beautiful that you're inspiring me to start my own. :)

    Happy readings! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest condolences on the loss of your friend. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so, so sorry to hear about your friend Mel! My deepest sympathies go out to you *hug* Life can be unfair sometimes...

    YAY for family birthdays, quality time with the boyfriend and MUMFORD AND SONS!! Loving your journaling updates (still) and I adore Yoshi's Island and all things Super Mario ♥ Enjoy Mel, hang in there and hopefully you'll have a very positive June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awful news. Giving you a big hug through the internet!

    I wish I was a more creative person and that I could create things like your drawing there! Haven't played anything on my Nintendo for a while. I also still own a Lite so go figure how old that one already is... My favorite game was Animal Crossing though, along with Sims 3 (I'm not quite up to date :p).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :( It's always horrible when people are taken away too early, and suddenly.

    I've been hearing so many awesome things about Ruined! I can't wait to read it myself. I haven't yet read The Raven Boys so I'm going to start that as well.

    I've seen the Mr. Right too! It's definitely an entertaining movie, although the last quarter of the film got reallyyy bizarre.

    I hope you have a better month in June!

    Jordon @ Simply Adrift.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :(

    I really want to read ACOMAF especially since I've been hearing so many great and mysterious things about it. I'm so intrigued (also, I love and miss Rhysand).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mel I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's always a shocking thing when we hear of that and he was so young, it's tragic. It sounds like you had some fantastic highlights in May with your grandpa's 80th birthday, what an achievement! Have a lovely month ahead Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mel, I'm sorry to hear about your friend :( But I'm glad there were also good things - like the concert and the birthdays and celebrating 7.5 months! Hope June is a lovely month for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing Mel. <3 Love this recap. Thank you so much for sharing about things that you have done and read :) So much awesome. Yay for having fun! But oh gosh, I'm so sorry about the boy you knew dying :( That is so sad. All the hugs. <3 I hope you are having an amazing June so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my DS! I haven't played it in a whole, but when Pokemon comes out in November, it is going to get some good use once again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0