Saturday, August 13, 2016 06:00

Pokemon Go book tag.


Pokemon-Go-Book-Tag
This tag was created by Aentee from Read at midnight. I also use her images.Pokemon-Tag-01Starters
There are two answers for this question. When it comes to the first books I read, I'm looking at Goosebumps, Virginia Andrews and the Hoe overleef ik series (Dutch book series that translates to 'How to survive… It is about all kinds of problems a teenage girl can cope with and it shows how she deals with it) When it comes to THE books that absolutely made me fall in love with fantasy, which is now my favorite genre, I have to pick Harry Potter.
Pokemon-Tag02Pikachu
Well, since I've already mentioned Harry Potter and I don't want to repeat myself by naming is every where, I'm going to pick something else. I had to shake my head in shame, because at first I thought it was really hard to choose another title though, because I'm not a big classic-classic reader *eyes unread books by Jane Austen and Brontë sisters* But then I realized: DUH, fairytales in general! So I'm going with bundled copies from the stories by Hans Christian Andersen, Perrault, Brother's Grimm. I never get tired of those.
Pokemon-Tag-03-Zubat
This is something that is bound to happen when you are a book blogger. We are all aware of all the recent publication and upcoming books. Every now and then there is a huge hype for a certain bok and when it dies down, another title pops up. At this moment I'm getting tired of all the buzz around Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. I'm not saying I've lost interest, but it certainly makes it harder to pick up.
Pokemon-Tag-04-Ditto
I think Amy Tintera – Ruined. It has many things you can find in other books, but she really crafted a story that made me fall in love with it – HARD. It was so good and I loved the characters, especially ruthless Em.
Pokemon-Tag-05-Snorlax
Brandon Sanderson – The Finale Empire. It is not only size, but also hype. It is my mission to read at least the first book this year, so I think I'm going to bring it with me on vacation.
Pokemon-Tag06-Gengar
I really value my sleep, so I tend to be strict about going to sleep on time before work. Sarah J. Maas – A court of Mist and Fury kept me up though. I simply couldn't put it down until I finished that last page.
Pokemon-Tag07-NidokingQueen
I could think of a few, but the first one I will always choose are Sybella/Beast from The Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers. Their relationship is so special. They are both broken in different ways and they complete each other. Their bond is based on so much respect and trust. I love it. If you haven't read this series, please do yourself a favor and run to the bookstore now.
Pokemon-Tag08-Rapidash
Jodi Meadows – The Mirror King. I could not put it down. The ending was a little too-open for my taste, but this sequel to The Orphan Queen was fabulous.
Pokemon-Tag09-Eevee
Hmmm, I think a lot of series could use spin-offs, simply by being in the same setting. I'm going with Leigh Bardugo – Six of Crows, which is set in the same world as Shadow and Bone. I flew through this book like crazy. It is such a well-written, fast-paced, action-packed plot filled with this amazing diverse cast.
Pokemon-Tag14-Magikarp
If you know me by now, you are aware that contemporary is not my favorite genre and I tend to stay away from them (unless they are written by Kasie West) My bestest bookclub friends, however, do love contemporary; so every now and then I have to read one. Morgan Matson – Since You've Been Gone really surprised me.
Pokemon-Tag12-Legendary
Alwyn Hamilton – Rebel of the Sands. A lot of people have talked about this book and I'm still excited to dive into it.
Pokemon-Tag15Mew-MewTwo
I recently started collecting the Barnes and Nobles leatherbound editions from the fairytales and I love the look of them. So, you can imagine how happy it would make me to own these leatherbound editions from Andrew Lang's coloured fairytale books.

e98c75f9da31a64044807eff544d91a1
Pokemon-Tag10-Egg
To make this question less hard, I'm going to pick two debut novel that will be published this year 2016.  Erin Summerill – Ever the Hunted & Brie Sprangler – Beast.
Pokemon-Tag11-Lure-Module
I actually made a list of my top 20 auto-buy authors in my bulletjournal. I have to say things have changed a little, because I think I'm going to take Sharon Biggs Waller off. I fell in love with A Mad, Wicked Folly, but The Forbidden Orchid was disappointing. Maybe I can find a new author this year to add to the list.

top 20
Pokemon-Tag13-Server-Down
A lot of books make me feel that way, especially if they are part in a series. I think Crooked Kingdoms by Leigh Bardugo is one of my highest anticipated sequels at the moment right now. I also can't wait for Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

12 comments:

  1. I loved Goosebumps when I was younger! I still remember a few of them. I've been eyeing The Final Empire in my local bookstore for months. It's supposed to be amazing, but the series is so big! Morgan Matson is probably my favourite contemporary author. I absolutely love everything she's written. Those fairy tale books are GORGEOUS. I can't wait to get my hands on Furthermore either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun tag! I totally understand putting off reading The Finale Empire because of the size and hype! I've had it sitting next to my desk for over a year and every time I'm choosing a new book to read I feel as though it's silently judging me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leatherbound books are so freaking gorgeous! I know what you mean about bookish hype, sometimes you put those on the back burner. I'm glad you enjoyed Since You've been Gone though, it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those leatherbound books are so freaking gorgeous! I know what you mean about bookish hype, sometimes you put those on the back burner. I'm glad you enjoyed Since You've been Gone though, it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a fun tag! Those leather bound books are stunning! And I'm exactly the same about Brandon Sanderson's books! I have The Final Empire on my bookshelf and I still haven't picked it up because it's MONSTROUS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool tag!

    I'm glad you enjoyed Ruined! I've been seeing more negative reviews but it looks like a book I would love so I'm still very excited to read it.

    I have to get back to the His Fair Assassins Series! I read the very first one and never got a chance to read Book 2 once it was published.

    Lauren @ SERIESous Book Reviews #Commenting365

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super excited about this tag! It seriously is awesome, and because I'm obsessed with Pokemon Go, it seems fitting that I'll be doing it soon :D Loved seeing your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely had to do this! Such a good book tag. :) Who doesn't love POGO? I adore your bullet journal, by the way! So colorful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh those fairytales editions are beautiful! I can see why you'd want them :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun tag! Not surprisingly, I agree with your Harry Potter comments and ACOMAF! I still need to read the rest of the His Fair Assassin books, as well as Orphan Queen and Six of Crows! I hope you will read Mistborn and even more, I hope you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahah I was so scared of Goosebumps when I was a kid! Also I'm going to have to read Since You've Been Gone, because I'm also someone who avoids contemporary. But I'm slowly getting in the genre. Slowly.

    Awesome tag Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh :D This is SO AWESOME. Gorgeous post Mel :D Thank you for doing this and sharing. <3 Loved reading about all the books you mentioned :D But ahhh. I really hope you will read Nevernight soon :) I promise that the hype is worth it. <3 Hugs. Well, I hope you will love it, anyway, lol :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0