TTT | Walk of shame. Books I vowed to read in 2015, set in different countries.


This week we need to pick books with X setting. Examples given: near the beach, in boarding school and set in England. I wanted to do something with all the books I vowed to read in 2015. So, I'm going to share all the books that are set in different countries than where I live.

I was inspired by this topic, because I was scrolling through my older TTT content and saw all the failed seasonal TBR piles (2014 Spring, Summer and Fall. I've read 9/10 book for Summer 2015 though! ) I'm sharing here my top ten books of shame that fit with this weeks topic, because I still have to pick them up.

10852343634249113138635
Jay Kristoff – Stormdancer.
In my defense, I've tried to read this book somewhere at the beginning of 2015 and couldn't get into the story. I hope I will connect to it when I give it another try. This book is set in Japan.

Cinda Williams Chima – The demon king.
Fantasy! Magic and wizards, how is it possible I still haven't read this one?? This book is set in the mountain city of Fellsmarch.

Amie Kaufman & Megan Spooner – These broken stars.
I feel like the whole world has read this book, except me. It needs to be done. Set on another planet.

11210739842968712924288
Maggie Stiefvater – The scorpio races.
I'm a big fan of the Raven Cycle books, I love the cover and the blurb sounds great. Set in Skarmouth.

Mira Grant – Deadline.
I loved Feed, but it was quite dense and slow. I hope to read this soon, but I have to be in the right mood for it. Set somewhere in America.

Elizabeth Norris – Unraveling.
Almost all my blogging friends seem to love this book. It is time to join them. Again, set somewhere in America (I believe?)

11544466181632941782484415945897
Sarah Crossan – Breathe.
A long time ago I received an unsolicited review copy from resist, so it's time to finish this duology. Set partly in a dome in America.

Kendara Blake – Antigoddess.
I liked Anna dressed in blood and this book seems perfect for my (fairytale) retelling challenge. Setting: no idea where, but definitely not in The Netherlands.

Dan Brown – Inferno.
My 'guilty pleasure' books. I really do like his writing and the stories he creates. Set in Italy.

Phoebe North – Starglass.
I want to read more sci-fi and I've heard the author did a lot of research. Set in a space-ships.

Have you read any of these books?

8 comments

  1. Inferno has been on my TBR list ever since the hardback reached the Greek bookshelves and I have yet to read it. Also, I just tagged you in my latest post. Let me know if you decide to do the tag :) Here's the link: https://readingexperienceswithnora.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/3-days-3-quotes-tag-day-3/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! I still need to read The Scorpio Races myself. And I need to finish the Antigoddess trilogy! So behind!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these books, though I am still planning on reading These Broken Stars (which is on my list too today!), and I am curious for anything by Jay Kristoff, because I loved Illuminae! Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read The Scorpio races. I've read everything else of hers but that for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually only read These Broken Stars! But other than that, haven't read or heard of some of these. I would love to someday read Stormdancer and also The Scorpio Races! I haven't picked up The Demon King, but I was reading Flamecaster by the same author. I couldn't get into it though :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad: I still need to read These Broken Stars, Demon King and Stormdancer too! The only one I've read here is Scorpio Races and even though I didn't love it as much as The Raven Cycle, I enjoyed it quite a bit! I hope you get to read ALL of these ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some great books to look forward to Mel, Stormdancer was a favourite of mine and although it's not typically the sort of book that I would go for, I really ended up loving it, so hope you do to when you give it a go. I also really need to catch up with a lot of my books I've been meaning to give a go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! You need to read The Scorpio Races :D I love it SO MUCH. <3 Read it seven times, haha :) So good. <3 And ee, I love Stormdancer so so much :D Might be a bit hard to get into, though not for me, but it is so worth it :) I hope you will get to read all of these soonish. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.