Friday, September 30, 2016 23:49

Monthly Recap September '16 | Food, food and let's see, more food.

Monthly-recap_thumb6This post recaps my month: my personal life, all the books I’ve read & bought, movies and TV shows I’ve seen and my journey in the world of Bulletjournaling.
OUAT_thumb3The trend of talking about a lot of food in my recaps continues.

At the beginning of the month we had a barbecue at my grandparents' house. The weather was amazing, more a mix between Spring and Summer than Autumn, so we took the opportunity to barbecue on their balcony.

I went to the market with my mother and a friend of the family. I came home with bags filled with fruit. In the afternoon we went to a foodtruck festival and we ended up at the beach for a Pokémon hunt. Five grown-ups walking around, being overjoyed when a new Pokémon popped up; fabulous!

To celebrate the good weather, my boyfriend and I decided to go to a park where we hired a rowing boat. It was great to spend some time together, because he has been very busy with school and his internship. The day after we went to a Mexican restaurant together with my sister and her boyfriend. I discovered a new favorite place! Such a nice atmosphere and you get so much delicious food for an excellent price.

I had my first weekend shift, where you have a slightly different working method, and I nailed it! We also went out for a farewell dinner from one of my colleagues.

I also went to a restaurant with my other grandparents, my parents and sister. I hadn't seen them in a while, so it was nice to catch up while eating good food. We went to a restaurant that has a Japanese water garden, which creates a relaxed atmosphere. You can choose (all inclusive) the classic French kitchen, Japanese sushi and Sashimi, the Mediteranian kitchen or Asian wok dishes. And the best of all perhaps is that there are (unlimited) slush puppies!

Tonight: book club! Yeay! We had a LOT of food and for some reason they decided that my vegetarian lasagna could use fries as a side-dish. There was enough food on my plate to feed another person, haha. We had some nice rants about real-life and bookish frustrations, so that was nice!

bookhaul_thumb2
I know.. I know.. I was planning to buy less books, but that obviously did not happen this month (and spoiler: it's probably not going to happen next month either).

BookhaulFurthermoreBookhaul2
Review copies thanks to HarperCollins international.

And books I bought, without picture:
Christina Henry – Alice.
Christina Henry – Red Queen.
Lisa Maxwell – Unhooked.
Rae Carson – Like a River Glorious.

And Debby got me a copy from Anna Ursu - Breadcrumbs. Thank youuuu!

920000006385478992000000638548459200000063854851

The e-books from:
Short Stories from Hogwarts of Heroism, Hardship and Dangerous Hobbies.
Short stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists.
Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unrelieable Guide.
Read_thumb51. V.E Schwab – This Savage Song.
2. Sarah J. Maas – Empire of Storms.
3. L. Frank Baum – The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
4. Rhiannon Thomas – Kingdom of Ashes.
5. Rosamund Hodge – Bright Smoke, Cold Fire.

Empire of Storms took up some time and I was in a very creative mood, so that's where most of my time went.
Watched_thumb5
Movies.
Hail Caesar, this was a big disappointment, but that's also because of my wrong expectations.
Central Intelligence, funny. Bit cliché, but it made me laugh.
Walk of shame, funny.
Mockingjay part 2, better than part 1 and I will never ever get over the part where one of my favorite characters from that series dies.
Ridiculous 6, so so bad, but I still had some good laughs.

TV shows.
Finished season 4 from New Girl.
Finally continued watching season 2 from Reign.
Officially decided I'm not going to continue Stranger Things. So many people were raving about it, but 6 episodes in and it was still not working for me.


How was your September?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

10 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy "Hail, Caesar". I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah J. Maas writes some biggins, that's for sure. Am reading A Court of Mist and Fury right now and it's over 600 pages!
    Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so intrigued about And I Darken, it has really mixed reviews but it sounds so interesting!

    That's a shame about Stranger Things - I was on the other side and watched it all in two days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your wrap up inspires to go out to eat more often! I never do it and I feel like I'm missing out on all the great food.

    Are the Pottermore short stories worth it? I'm still debating whether to get them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I'll have to check out the Pottermore books, I didn't know about those! So yay Harry Potter world!

    So many yummy sounding food places, it sounds like it was a good month for food lol.

    Ohh I can't wait to read Like a River Glorious and see where the story goes!

    I just finished reading Empire of Storms, it took me two or more weeks to finish it. It felt so long! I think I enjoyed it though, I'm still trying to get my thoughts together about it though.

    It looks like it was a good month!

    Jordon @ Simply Adrift

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food is the best way to spend time - other than books so you sound like you had an excellent month my friend! Reading your post made me hungry too so luckily I have some yummy pasta cooking now :D You got lots of excellent books too, I really want Furthermore and As I Darken! Oh and I have the same Marauder's Map ♥ I'm glad you enjoyed Mockingjay 2 better than one. Personally I adored the entire film series, it's one of my favorite book-to-film adaptations! Have a very happy October! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay new books! Also, I love all the foodie things you got up to last month. It sounds like you definitely had a lot of fun. (P.S. I've been loving your bullet journal posts on Instagram!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh you got the HP ebooks!! Would love to know what you think :) And it sounds like you had a great month food-wise and Pokemon-hunting-wise as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had so much to say, but then... Mockingjay! Also, I feel you with Stranger Things, I haven't watched as much as you have, but I also have NO desire to continue, so we'll see. You have made me SO hungry by talking about my two all time favorite foods- Mexican and sushi/sashimi! I loved Like a River Glorious, so I hope you do too! Also very interested to hear what you think of the books you read- I have read This Savage Song, Bright Smoke Cold Fire, and Kingdom of Ashes and Empire of Storms are on my shelf right now! Hope you enjoy all the new ones too, such a great haul!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely recap sweet girl. <3 YAY for having had an awesome September :) And ahhh. Fooood. I am so hungry at the moment, lol. I want to eat awesome food too ;) I hope this month is going great for you. <3 All the hugs. Yay for reading and watching some awesome things :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0