Tuesday, November 22, 2016 13:04

Mel in Movieland | Best movies I've seen in 2016.

Mel in Movieland
I'm not only a bookjunkie. If you follow my blog for a while, you also know that I am a big movie/TV show fanatic. I always list everything I've watched in my monthly recaps, but I thought it was about time to highlight the best movies I've seen so far.

Best moviesHands down one of the best movies I've seen this year, and in a long time, was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I was blown away by the plot (not that I am surprised, because J.K Rowling is a mastermind), the fabulous casting and all the beautiful details, like the different Beasts and buildings. It is fantastic to explore this side of the Wizarding world.

 was a big fan of Eddie Redmayne and Dan Fogler, but I'm still not on board for the casting of Johnny Depp for Grindelwald.. But I am very happy there will be more movies. After all these years, I am still a proud Potterhead and this movie gave me the same magical feeling.

If you haven't heard yet, Fantastic Beasts tells the story of Newt Scamander, who is the author of the book Harry Potter has to study at Hogwarts. He arrives in New York with a suitcase full of Fantastic Beasts - and then some of them slip away. Newt has to find them, together with Jacob a no-maj (Muggle), Tina Goldstein the former Auror for MACUSA and her sister Queenie Goldstein. Something darker is roaming around New York and before they know it, they are part of it.

fantastic-beasts-clapping
Three other movies that definitely did not let me down where the live movie version of Jungle Book, Inside Out and Zootopia. Disney never fails to impress me. What I loved most about Jungle Book were the original twists they used, yet they managed to stay true to the original story.

Inside Out has a powerful message and I love Sadness. It shows different emotions in the head of a young girl. Things are about to get really messy and it is up to Sadness and Joy to fix it.

Zootopia had such a funny sense of humor. A cynical con artist Fox and a rooky bunny cop have to work together to uncover a conspiracy that is about to change their society.

tumblr_ocuq6ead5l1rvhqlvo1_500
I also finally went ahead and watched Captain America: Civil Wars. I don't know what took me so long, because it was good. I really hope everyone will be friends soon though, because I hate to see them fight. There is tension between former allies Captain America and Iron man – and everyone else has to pick a side.

Not long after it I watched Deadpool and I laughed so hard. It is brilliant and does a great job at portraying the anti-hero. He became part of an experiment that left him with healing powers and he is now on a quest for revenge.

tumblr_o6r8ajre8k1vssk31o5_500
To end this, I'm going to list two feel good movies. The first one is something I was ashamed about, but now I can finally say I've seen The Sound of Music and I loved it. I enjoy musicals and this was just adorable. Maria is so sassy, haha. She leaves the convent to become a governess to the children of a Naval officer widower.

And I was pleasantly surprised by The Intouchables. I tend to stay away from foreign movies (this is French), but I heard good things about this one and decided to give it a shot. It blew me away with its subtle humor. The movie is about a paralyzed man who hires an ex-deliquent as caregiver and the two of them grow really close.

tumblr_m66pynVQcY1ryrby9o1_500

Have you seen any of these movies or are you interested in any of these?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

11 comments:

  1. I loved Inside Out! I really like Pixar Animation, I love that there's a deeper meaning so it's entertaining for both children & adults. I really want to see Trolls as well.

    I haven't seen the Intouchables but I worked in a cinema a few years a go and it was highly rated and sold out nearly every session when we were screening it.

    I'm going to watch Fantastic Beasts this weekend!! I'm so excited to see it!! :D

    Jordon @ Simply Adrift

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go to the cinema to see "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" on friday and I'm so excite ,but so scared that I wont like it :/

    Zootopia and Inside Out were so cute :)

    Lara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Inside Out! And Deadpool and Captain America: Civil War were both SO awesome. Of course I loved Zootopia. Duh. I also recently saw Doctor Strange and it just blew my mind and I LOOOOOOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I loved Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! I thought it was so magical, and I can't wait for the next one. Also, I loved Inside Out, Zootopia, Captain America: Civil War and Deadpool - definitely some of my favorite films I've seen. And I'm glad you got to watch The Sound of Music. It's one of my favorites from when I was a child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED Deadpool! I still need to see Fantastic Beasts but we're going next week and I might just come back here and gush with you all over then ;) As much as I adore Superheroes, I'm not a huge fan of the Cap but I will see Civil War eventually!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You for such amazing information.This is one of the best sites which provide all the details of related topics.
    Examhelpline.in

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thanks for sharing such great information. This is one of the best sites which provide all the details of relevance to topics.
    careinfo.in

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thank you for giving us such kind of information. This is one of the best sites having all the details.
    carebaba.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo, glad you loved Fantastic Beasts as much as I did! I loved the new characters (and actors) too :) Inside Out and Zootopia were also fabulous - still need to see the live action Jungle Book though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay :D Awesome post Mel. <3 So happy that you watched tons of amazing movies last year :) I still haven't seen Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Ahhh! But I shall watch it after it comes out on blu-ray, finally :) And ee, I also adored The Jungle Book + Inside Out + Zootopia too. <3 Best movies. I hope you will watch tons of stunning movies now in 2017 too :D I also watch and love so many movies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0