Sunday, November 27, 2016 06:00

Thanks to all the authors and the book community.

The Thanks U Give

Authors:

Books have shaped me into the person I am today. I don't know what I would ever do without reading. It gives me a way to escape my daily life, so I can roam in worlds I will never be able to explore. It gives me a way to identify with other characters – and to understand characters who are completely different than me. Reading certain stories has definitely opened my eyes.

Books give me something to talk about when I feel out of place or awkward. I am terrible when it comes to meeting new people, but books make me feel confident and I love to talk about them. It gives a connection right away if you find someone with mutual book interests.

Thinking about books makes my heart happy. When I'm on my way home from work, I get such a happy feeling when I realize I can spend a few hours of my free time on reading. I love to walk in the bookstore and to add new books ot my collection, eventhough I still have a trillion unread books on my TBR pile.

Authors make this possible. They have given me words and stories that made me feel understood and part of something special. "A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic." – Carl Sagan. I couldn't have said it better myself. Authors are wizards.

Book community:
I never thought, for one moment, that blogging would have such an impact in my life. When I started my blog in 2012 I thought it would be just an outlet for my thoughts, but it has grown into something more. I've met people who share my love for books, stories, words and characters. I have found a place where I can rave and fangirl about things that matter to me, without feeling weird or misunderstood. The bookcommunity gets me and over the years, I've made friends that mean a lot to me now.

Despite all the drama, the out-of-control discussions and clashing of people in different (or the same) fandoms, I'm still happy to be part of this. It has given me my bookclub and I will never forget that :)

I could do shout-outs to my special blogger friends, but 1. I don't want to forget about someone and 2. You are all valued and important, so this is a shout-out to the entire community. Keep up the good work. Keep talking about books, keep sharing your thoughts and discussing important matters.

Thank you!



author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a part of the blogging community Mel! This is such a lovely post, I don't know where I would be without authors who have been such a big part of my life. And who knew that blogging would turn into such a big part of our lives too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading and blogging are definitely huge parts of my life that I am really grateful for too! I'm so glad this community brought us together <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Mel and I'm happy and grateful that you are a part of the blogging community! Getting back into reading in 2007 changed my life and I never would have dreamed it would lead me to blogging, which in turn let me to so many new books, authors and bookish friends ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving you all the hugs :D I am so so thankful for you Mel. <3 You are one of the sweetest people I know. Lovely post sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0