Saturday, February 18, 2017 06:00

Love-A-Thon 2017 | Questionnaire.

loveathon2017-c[428]I am proud to present the first post of the 2017 Love-a-Thon! It's been a lot of fun to work together with Alexa, Cee and Kristin to make this another successful event. This is the time to show us your answers to the questions and to hop around other bloggers to show them some love!

An Introduction to You and Your Blog.
pr2bewerkt
  1. What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from?
    My name is Melanie, but most people call me Mel. I'm from The Netherlands, a really cold country, but it does have its perks.

  2. Tell us your history with reading. Were you always a reader? Were you a reluctant reader? Was there a book that convinced you to become a reader?
    I've always been a reader. Ever since I was little I forced people to read books to me, until I was old enough to 'read' them myself. I also used my doll carriage to walk around with all my books, because I didn't like dolls.

  3. How did you get involved in the online book community?
    I stumbled upon Goodreads and found this whole new world filled with other booklovers!

  4. How did you choose your primary platform (blog, Instagram, YouTube, etc)? How did you come up with your blog name?
    I started to follow readers on Goodreads with similar taste and soon found out they used Blogspot for their blogs. I liked the fact that the interface seemed to easy and that it was free. My name comes from Harry Potter ( 'The Daily Prophet' ) and it was a very random idea that popped up in my head. I still love it. That happened in February 2012, so I've been around for some time now.

  5. What’s your favorite thing about the online book community?
    The fact that I can discuss, rave, fangirl, cry and laugh together with other people who get me.

  6. What sort of posts can readers expect from you?
    A mix of different type of posts. Mostly reviews. Sometimes I post a discussion, something about movies/TV shows and lately I've been really into bulletjournaling. It has been fun to explore this new hobby and to talk about it on my blog. I also talk a lot about fairytales, retellings and Disney whenever I get the chance.

  7. What book genres do you talk about most?
    Fantasy and fairytales, my favorite genres.
Favorites
  1. Favorite food? Beverage? You can always make me up for a (vegetable) curry with rice or a noodle dish. I love a good smoothie.

  2. Favorite color?
    Mint green, lilac/lavender and gray.

  3. Favorite things to do apart from reading?
    Being creative; bulletjournaling and drawing, watching TV shows/movies, gaming.

  4. Favorite tv shows? A few of them: Game of Thrones, Vikings, Three Musketeers, Black Sails, Ripperstreet, A series of Unfortunate Events and Sherlock.

    giphy

  5. Favorite movies?
    DISNEY. ALL THE DISNEY MOVIES. Beauty and the Beast means everything to me.
    Animation movies like: How to train your Dragon, Anastasia, Swan Princess, Thumbelina, Quest for Camelot, Despicable Me and Legend of the Guardians. Give them all to me.
    Marvel, especially all the movies with Loki in it.

    Fairytales, like la belle et la bête, the new Cinderella, Ever After and Hook.
  6. Favorite musical artists?
    Mumford and sons <3  and First Aid Kit.

  7. Favorite places to shop? Physical shop: American Book Center.
    Online: Bol.com.
Book Talk
  1. Favorite childhood books?
    It all started with the Disney book collection and classic fairytale books, then the Goosebump books and eventually Virginia Andrews. But, everything changed when I discovered Harry Potter, because that was my gateway into fantasy books – and when I found Juliet Marillier, the start of my love for fairytale retellings.

  2. Your Hogwarts house?
    I've always felt Ravenclaw would be the best fit and I always get storted in this House. I did this Buzzfeed quiz and it said: I am 38% Ravenclaw, 26% Hufflepuff, 21% Gryffindor, and 15% Slytherin.

  3. Favorite books read in the last five years?
    I have a Favorite book shelf on Goodreads, but my top 3 series:
    Robin LaFevers – His Fair Assassin. [Dark Triumph is perfection]
    V.E Schwab – Shades of Magic.
    Leigh Bardugo – Six of Crows.

    994327022055262Sixofcrows13928[5]

  4. Underrated book, series or author you love?
    Everything by Juliet Marillier. Hands down one of my favorite authors.

  5. A book you want to see made into a film or tv show?
    Six of Crows, although I would be terrified too, because how awful would it be if they messed it up?

  6. Book boyfriend/girlfriend? Book BFF? Book family?
    Chaol (Throne of glass), Duval (Grave Mercy) or Hector (Fire and Thorns)
    Sturmhond (The Grisha) or Thorne (Lunar Chronicles)
    The Weasleys (Harry Potter)

  7. Books you want to read in 2017?
    *snort* You really don't want me to get started. Here is my Not-published-yet shelf on Goodreads to give you an idea.



PRIZES.

We're incredibly to have received a lot of generous donations from our sponsors this year for all of this event's giveaways! As always, there are 
two Rafflecopter forms below. One is strictly for US participants, and the other is strictly for international participants. Please be sure to enter via the correct form! All winners will be verified before being contacted.
PRIZE PACK ONE:
Vassa in the Night
Tor Teen
Arcanum Unbounded
Tor Teen
High Stakes
Tor Teen
A Darker Shade of Magic
Tor Teen
A Gathering of Shadows
Tor Teen
Shades of Magic series book huggers
Tor Teen
NOVL water bottle
Little, Brown & Company
NOVL tote bag
Little, Brown & Company
Tor Teen pin
Tor Teen
The Dark Talent pin
Tor Teen
Game of Shadows tattoos
Tor Teen
Game of Shadows postcards
Tor Teen
Arabella of Mars paper doll
Tor Teen
Becoming Bonnie newspapers
Tor Teen
Amberlough pin
Tor Teen
Ronit & Jamil
Alexa
The You I've Never Known
Alexa
Frostblood ARC
Alexa
The Bone Queen ARC
Alexa
Blueberry Pancakes Forever ARC
Alexa
Iron Cast ARC
Cee
Also Known As
Cee

PRIZE PACK TWO:
Vassa in the Night
Tor Teen
Arcanum Unbounded
Tor Teen
High Stakes
Tor Teen
A Darker Shade of Magic
Tor Teen
A Gathering of Shadows
Tor Teen
Shades of Magic series book huggers
Tor Teen
NOVL water bottle
Little, Brown & Company
NOVL tote bag
Little, Brown & Company
Tor Teen pin
Tor Teen
The Dark Talent pin
Tor Teen
Game of Shadows tattoos
Tor Teen
Game of Shadows postcards
Tor Teen
Arabella of Mars paper doll
Tor Teen
Becoming Bonnie newspapers
Tor Teen
Amberlough pin
Tor Teen
Ruined
Alexa
The Inside of Out
Alexa
Traveler ARC
Alexa
To Catch a Killer ARC
Alexa
Geekerella ARC
Alexa
Spontaneous ARC
Alexa
Second Chance Summer
Cee
Rafflecopter Code: a Rafflecopter giveaway

PARTICIPANTS:

author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

18 comments:

  1. I found the book community through Goodreads as well. And the Disney movies you've mentioned are wonderful classics from my childhood, especially Beauty and The Beast.
    Great to meet you, Mel and thank you for hosting. :)
    New Twitter follower

    Jess @ Fairytales and Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to be here at my second Love-A-Thon!! Harry Potter changed so many lives in good way <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love that you pushed your books in a carriage instead of dolls.

    I adored Beauty and the Beast as a child. I haven't seen the movie in many many years. I need to get a copy and watch it with my little ones.

    I love the His Fair Assassin trilogy too. I want to read A Darker Shade of Magic soon as well. I read one Juliet Marillier book years ago, but I need to read Daughter of the Forest!

    Thank you so much for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how welcoming the online book community is. I've always been someone who was afraid to really talk about my love for books and/or geeky things, but this community is so accepting, friendly, and loving no matter who you are or what you like!

    Also, I'm so excited to be participating in this for the first time ever! I really hope to be able to branch out and meet other book bloggers because I don't know of many as I generally follow BookTubers. It'll be nice to hopefully get a chance to make new blog friends(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we pretty please discuss how incredible your hair looks? I think it was an awesome decision to go for this color and it suits you! <3 So glad you're co-hosting with me again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched Beauty and the Beast, I'm not sure if I should watch the disney movie first and then in March the movie or the other way around.
    I loove your blog aesethic! and lilac is a beautiful color!
    I loove Six of Crows but I still haven't read Crooked Kingdoms and as you said it would be amazing to see a tv show/movie about it but what if they mess up? I would be really scared!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always adored your blog name because of the Harry Potter reference<3! And it's one of my favorite places to visit because of all the Disney, fairytale and bullet journaling love you spread here! I'm so happy to hear that Dark Triumph is your favorite of the His Fair Assassin series because that's the final bookI have left to read and I'm planning on doing so very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!!! Another Juliet Marillier lover! As I was reading all about you I started thinking we had a lot in common...Disney lover, harry potter fan, you like vegetable noodle bowls haha, but when I got to the bit about Juliet Marillier, I knew we'll get along! My primary platform is Youtube, but I connect all of my posts via my WordPress Blog. Looking forward to getting to know you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My oldest, closest girlfriend adores Juliet Marillier and has since we were in high school. No, I won't admit how long ago that was! :-p She even bought me my own copy of Daughter of the Forest and I still haven't read it.
    Also, I always considered myself pretty strongly Ravenclaw and up until recently I was always sorted into that house. Now? Now, I am always put in Slytherin! It's all been a lie! :-)
    I love our community, the people, the discussions, the events--I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I love your hair! Game of Thrones is so addicting. I remember watching the first episode and thinking it wasn't for me (due to all the sex scenes) but before I knew it I was finishing out the first season. And I love the fact that you <3 Chaol, too. So many people are Chaol haters and I just want more Chaol time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so great to get to know you! I love that I'm finding people with a lot in common other than books, and I also love that we all seem to love TV as well as books lol. I LOVE Ripper Street and hardly know anyone else who watches it, so yay! I'm also a HUGE Disney and Marvel fan. All the <3 to Beauty and the Beast...and Loki. ;-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you used to keep your carriage filled with books :)

    Yummmm, vegetable curry with rice is one of my favorites as well! We have such similar likes/interests!!

    I really have to give Juliet Marillier a try soon!! I'm hoping to read more fantasy this year than ever before so hopefully it's this year!

    Happy Love-a-thon Mel, thanks so much for hosting and putting this on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to read My Fair Assassin and also books by Juliet Marillier! Also everything DISNEY! I cried the first time I went to Disneyland when I turned 21! haha :) Belle is everything! Perhaps the only character that I immediately related to when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog early on in my own blogging journey, Mel! I always love seeing your posts (especially as you're a fellow Disney lover like myself, and I love jealously gazing at your amazing bullet journal pictures!) Also you hair is AMAZING!!!
    Cristina @ Girl in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read A Darker Shade of Magic last week, and am SO EXCITED to finish this series. It's so wonderful when a book lives up to the hype. Disney, ALL THE DISNEY. I am so grateful that my son is loving Disney movies too, and I can't wait to rewatch all of my childhood favourites with him. Not to mention the new ones as well ... I'm counting down the days until the new Beauty and the Beast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous post Mel :D Always love getting to know more about you. <3 You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0