Monthly Recap October '17 | Wedding and Reading.

25th Annual_thumb[2]
OUAT_thumb3
I guess you have noticed based on the fact I hardly posted anything, but my life is really busy at the moment. We are currently looking for the right wedding location and it is taking up a lot of my time – more than I anticipated! We visited two locations in October (and both of them are not in the running anymore) and we went to five more. We are now looking at the + and – points of two locations to figure out which one will be the best fit (but of course I had to see another one that looks interesting..) It is time to make a decision, because 2018 is coming closer.

Another wedding thing I did was attending my first bridal event. There were different stands, like rings, music, photography and wedding planners – and there was a show with wedding dresses. I really enjoyed myself together with my mom, grandmother and sister. Afterwards we went out for dinner and I can't wait to go to some more events if I find the time.

In between everything around my wedding, I also had a busy time at work. I had quite some evenings shifts and two new shifts in the weekend. One where I had to work on the blood cultures and one station with all the most important hospital departments. That shift is nerve-wrecking, because you need to bring the phone with you , because you can be called back until 22:00 by the Microbiologist.
I met Christina (A Reader of Fictions) together with my two book club friends, which was nice.

I had a sleep-over for the 24-hour read-a-thon by Dewey. Another couple came over, so my boyfriend had a game-a-thon with his friend and I read around 12 hours with my friend. I managed to finish 4 books and I could use a good reading sprint, since I was behind on my Goodreads challenge.
bookhaul_thumb2I'm trying to hold back when it comes to book buying, but I still got a few pre-orders in the mail.

The first one is Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray, a highly anticipated book. I also got Into the Bright Unknown by Rae Carson and Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust.
The last two books I received were in the Fairyloot Box. An exclusive cover editon from Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo and Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao. Both books were high on my wish list, so I'm happy to add them to my collection.

before the devil breaks youfairyloottwo books
Read_thumb5
1. Kasie West – Love Life and the List. Not as charming as her other books, but I still enjoyed it.
2. Hilary Mantel – Wolf Hall. Audio book that took ages, but interesting story.
3. Jodi Meadows – Before She Ignites. I didn't love it as much as The Orphan Queen, but I do want to read the sequel.
4. Deborah Schaumberg – The Tombs. Not too bad, but a bit on the slow side.
5. Leigh Bardugo – Wonder Woman. Awesome.
6. Cat Winters – Odd & True. Fantastic! What I expect from Winters by this point.
7. Jenni James – Jack and the Beanstalk. A re-read without knowing it.
8. Jenni James – Snow White. Okay.
9. Bobby Crosby – Dreamless. Online comic. I didn't fall in love with it.
Watched_thumb5
TV Shows: We watched two seasons of Shooter and it's not too bad. Some characters are too stupid, just to move the plot, but I like the overall story.
Movies:  
Frankenstein (the one with Daniel Radcliff) and I liked it!
New music:
I love Disney and I love piano music, so I love this collection of different piano Disney songs.

2 comments

  1. It is totally undestandable to be blogging less when you are busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy November and wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.