Thanks!

Thank you all for the "Happy Birthdays" I finally got into the mood when I arrived with my sister at Bagel & Beans. We got the "Sweet special" and it was delicious! From the right bottom all the way against the clock: Blueberry muffin, date cake, some cream cheese, brownie, strawberry jam, cheesecake, bagel with cinnamon & raisins, carrot cake and some candy hearts sprinkled over the dish :D I got freshly squeezed strawberry juice as well, yum! We couldn't eat everything, so I took the muffin and a piece of the date cake with me for my boyfriend. Haha. 

I was happy that I got some presents after all. My sister bought a necklace and bracelet today. I got to pick them, so I went for the chuncky chain bracelet with two colors and a necklace with a side way cross (couldn't find a picture).

From my mother in law I received Tess Gerritsen - Last to die (you see the Dutch cover, because I have all her books in this edition)

And I got an awesome English flag case from my sister in law. I've been looking for a case for a while now, so perfect timing (and a little help from my boyfriend who knows my taste :D)
And as a surprise, my father gave me a small Disney purse for my collection. Sweet <3
That's it. I hope to show you a lot of books somewhere around May 4th ;)

28 comments

  1. That looks so tasty (freshly squeezed strawberry juice? Whuuut). Yummy. Pretty bracelet too. YAYYYY, hope your birthday was as fantastic as it looks ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an awesome day Mel! That Sweet Special sounds delicious! Happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake looks SO good. Glad you had a great one, Mel! Your family and friends sound really sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, i totally can eat everything on that plate. Feel so hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Mel! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your day :)

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  9. ARGH. How could I have missed this?

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MELANIEEE
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    (I totally did not just copy and paste) >.<
    GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR DAY LOVELY <3333

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! That High Tea looks delicious! I love the bagels and beans stores, I already had high tea at them twice. I hope you had an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time at Bagels & Beans, but definitely not the last time!

      Delete
  11. Happy, happy (late) birthday, Mel! It looks like you had a blast! Those 'Sweet Specials' look DELICIOUS! And I absolutely adore the phone case! Such great presents! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh I didn't know it was your birthday! happy late birthday then! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww happy belated birthday!! That food looks amazing, I should get that next time I'm at Bagels and Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the bagel, carrot cake and muffin are my favorites. They were delicious <3

      Delete
  14. Oh I didn't know it was your birthday... happy belated birthday!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww those gifts are adorable!! After all, birthdays are most fun with families!! and that looks DELICIOUS!!! Glad you had a blast :D
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had an awesome time :D *Jealous* <3 But I'm happy for you :D Thank you for sharing with us. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.