A to Z survey.

Everybody seems to do this survey and I really like to read everyone's replies. That’s why I’m also going to answer these great questions made by Jamie from The Perpetual page turner. This picture is also made by her:
AtoZsurvey-1017x1024

Author you’ve read the most books from:

That is according to Goodreads Virginia Andrews, with 32 books (but I think it's more). I’m not surprised, because I was a fan of her when I was younger. I don’t read her books anymore, but I think about them with nostalgic feelings.


B
est Sequel Ever:

Most sequels are disappointing, but this one blew me away: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer.


C
urrently Reading:

I always read several books as the same time, but the leader of the books is Amy Plum – If I should die.


D
rink of Choice While Reading:

Water or water with lemonade from Karvan Cevitam. My favorite is apple-berry. I actually don’t drink anything else.


E
-
reader or Physical Book?

If I need to pick between them: physical books without any doubt. I love the feeling of books in my hand and the look of them on my shelves. But I don’t think I can live without my e-reader either. It’s so handy when it comes to traveling.


F
ictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Difficult, because most characters I like are a bit older (Chaol from ToG, Duval from Grave Mercy) So I think I’m going for Augustus from The fault in our stars, because he is such a sweetheart.


G
lad You Gave This Book A Chance:

I wasn’t such a fan of Sci-Fi books, but Cinder from Marissa Meyer opened my eyes. I’m also not a huge contemporary reader, but The fault in our stars, Pretty girl thirteen and If you find me made me realize that I can enjoy it.


H
idden Gem Book:

A.C Gaughen – Scarlet, I really don’t understand why this book is so unknown. It’s a great retelling about Robin Hood. Fairytales have been popular lately and this one is going to be a series, so I’m hoping for more attention.


I
mportant Moment in your Reading Life:

The first book I picked up when I was very young, because that was the moment my love for reading started. The day I gave Harry Potter a chance. The first time I read The book thief. Discovering Goodreads. Buying my first e-reader and now my Kobo. My whole reading life is made up out of important and special moments, that’s why I’m such a passionate reader.


J
ust Finished:

Jenni James – Hansel and Gretel.


K
inds of Books You Won’t Read:

I have a feeling I’m open for a lot of new things, but I won’t be reading New Adult books and erotica. That’s just not my type of thing. There is nothing wrong with sex in books, but I don’t want the focus there.


L
ongest Book You’ve Read:

I believe The passage from Justin Cronin with 994 pages.


M
ajor book hangover because of:

I’m going to have to agree with Judith: still Harry Potter.


N
umber of Bookcases You Own:

Well, that depends on how you count. I have one huge bookcase that covers my entire wall and it’s made out of different pieces (I believe a Billy from Ikea) I have 4 big ones with 4 smaller ones on top of it. My desk and clothing closet are from now on also bookcases, because I have piles there – they don’t fit anymore, haha.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

I am a re-reader and there are several books I re-read often. The book thief from Markus Zusak, the books from Juliet Marillier and Harry Potter from J.K Rowling.


P
referred Place To Read:

In bed. I have many pillows and I throw them all in one corner.


Q
uote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

Hmmm, difficult. I collect quotes and I think almost every book has at least one beautiful sentence. For now, I’m going to stick with Tiger Lily from Jodi Lynn Anderson, because this book was one of the first last year that made me cry. And since I’m very much in love with my boyfriend, I’ll pick one that describes love:

“To love someone was not what she had expected. It was like falling from somewhere high up and breaking in half, and only one person having the secret to the puzzle of putting her back together.”


R
eading Regret:

Not discovering YA earlier. I’ve been reading YA for about 2 years now and I seriously can’t understand why it took me so long.


S
eries You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

There are too many series, but the first one I think of is Parasol Protectorate. I’m reading book 4 at the moment.


T
hree of your All-Time Favorite Books:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Daughter of the forest by Juliet Marillier and Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling.


U
napologetic Fangirl For:

Juliet Marillier. I adore her magical writing-style and her unique ways to retell fairytales.


V
ery Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Marissa Meyer’s Cress!


W
orst Bookish Habit:

I don’t have a worse habit as far as I can think of. I’m very careful with my books.. But some people might find this a worse habit: buying different editions in a series? I don’t mind if a series has paperbacks and hardcovers.


X
Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Stephen King – Duma.


Y
our latest book purchase:

In the store: Lenora Appelhans – Level 2.


Z
ZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

George R.R Martin – Game of thrones. Loved it!

55 comments

  1. We have some of the same answers. I definitely agree with Scarlet as an amazing sequel. Marissa Meyer is amazing, and I also cannot wait for read Cress. And I love the cover for Cress. It's soooo pretty. It might be my favorite.

    I have been wanting to read Scarlet by Gaughen for awhile now, but haven't gotten there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Cress is my favorite cover as well!

      Delete
  2. I love your answer for the most important moment in your reading life :) Except for buying an e-reader, I would have to agree with you.

    The Book Thief is also one of my favourite books in the world. So amazing.

    And I'm surprised you liked Order of the Phoenix the best - so many people I know say it was their least favourite. I, on the other hand, loved it and didn't mind Harry's mood swings one bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I'm happy that you can find yourself in my important moments. And yes, The book thief is SO SO good. And I don't know why, but there is something about Order of the Phoenix.

      Delete
  3. Great answers! I love The Book Thief, it's such a fantastic book. Pretty Girl Thirteen was a brilliant book, it wasn't what I expected it to be and I think that's why I loved it so much.

    You can see my answers here if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot :) I love these answers (Esp. about the YA One, I really don't know why I resisted the genre for so long!). I have multiple HP editions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I have the Dutch and English versions.

      Delete
  5. SCARLET was definitely an excellent sequel! Agreed about GAME OF THRONES too, I was surprised by how excellent that novel was.

    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait to read the other books in the series :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen this survey! How did that happen? I may do this soon...
    Love your answers. The amount I am pining for Cress right now is sad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea who Virginia Andrews is, but I'm surprised your answer doesn't involve Juliet Marillier :D.

    Oooh, you really like the Lunar Chronicles. I'm really looking forward to Cress because well... did you read the excerpts from the USA Today cover reveal and the first chapter Scribd reveal? So cool. Can't wait to see Thorne smitten with Cress.

    I still applaud for having read the Passage. Any book that looks the size of one of my old textbooks scares the bleep out of me.

    Ah, there's Juliet Marillier! Multiple times. Maybe when she's written 32 books, she'll make almost every list :).

    I remember you talking about how you were afraid The Book Thief adaptation would not do justice to the book, but I didn't realize you loved it that much :O. That's one of the books that would probably make my top 10 why-haven't-I-read-this-yet list.

    Ah you too are a fan of the Parasol Protectorate series? I got the first book because I had a feeling I would really love the books with dry humor, but still haven't had a chance to read yet o.O.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, if Marillier writes 32 books, she will be on top of my list. She is still writing, so I'm happy :D I haven't read all her books though, but I'm busy to change that.

      I've read the first chapter and it makes the waiting even worse, haha.

      The Passage was a bit terrifying, I agree.

      Oh yes, I love the book thief very much. I hope they do it justice with the movie..

      And yes, the humor in that series is amazing :D

      Delete
  8. I totally agree about Scarlet as a hidden gem. That book is just perfect! And last I looked on Goodreads, I think there's going to be a sequel :D

    Juliet Marillier is amazing! I've only read Shadowfell and I'm in love. I'm planning on reading the sequel very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's going to be several books I believe :D

      Delete
  9. Oh what a great post! I also wish to reread The Book Thief and I love that quote from the Tiger Lily which is a great book. I really have to read Cinder as I feel I'm the only one who hasn't started that series. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Book Thief and Harry Potter are the best! Love them with all my soul :D

    Awesome list, Mel! <33

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was super fun! I agreed with a lot of these. I'm curious to see how you liked Hansel and Gretel. I still need to read the ones of those I have. I keep signing up for these book tours, and... I think it's quite a coincidence that I just scheduled my Friday Favorites for this week and I chose Scarlet by A.C. Gaghen. Bookish minds think alike, aye? ;) I just told my sister (who loves the Lunar Chronicles too) that there was actually going to be four books when she thought Cress was the last one and she was equal parts excited and bummed because that means that she has to wait two more books to find out what happens. Of course I will take as much as Meyer wants to write. :) I haven't really done any surveys on my blog yet, but I should once in a while.

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it so much. The other books were better.. Nice, can't wait to see your post about Scarlet! And I must agree with your sister. It's great that there are going to be four books, but the idea that you have to wait another year for the last one is horrible. I need all her books right away <3

      Delete
  12. I love that this is going around, like you, I love reading everyone's responses. I totally agree about Scarlet being an amazing sequel. I think I rated Cinder a 3 originally (but ended up bumping it up to a 4) and then Scarlet was a solid 5. I believe I gave it 5 x 1000 hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that is probably the best rating for Scarlet!

      Delete
  13. These are so much fun! YES to Scarlet being a fantastic sequel. I liked Cinder, but I LOVED scarlet. Also need to read Gaughen's Scarlet and Juliet Mariller is a favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "But some people might find this a worse habit: buying different editions in a series? I don’t mind if a series has paperbacks and hardcovers." AHHHHHH how are you able to do that? Lol. It seriously bothers me when one book is a hardcover and then the other books in the series are in paperback (aka my Twilight Saga books *sad face*). Like..I bought Shatter Me in paperback so even though I'm dying to read Unravel Me, I'm still waiting for the paperback edition to come out. I really love the quotes from Tiger Lily too :) so cute and it makes me think.

    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it has something to do with money :p When I find a bargain hardback, while I have the other books in paperback, I still buy it. And since I've been doing that for a while now, I don't really care :p It looks kinda cute.

      Delete
  15. Okay. I love this list :D Thank you so much for sharing Mel. <3 You have made me realize that I might need to read The Book Thief, though :D Seems like a lot of people loved it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with you about Scarlet being a great sequel, and the other unknown Scarlet? I'll have to check it out. I have seen positive reviews for it. But I think it having the same name as the sequel to Cinder makes ti loose it's oomph. Everyone thinks of the unar Chronicles instead!

    And of course, <3 The Book Thief!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a problem indeed, although the 'other Scarlet' was there first.

      Delete
  17. Super fun post!!

    Scarlet was an amazing sequel and I think book 3 will be even better!! That whole series is fantastic. I also only started reading YA after i read Twilight (like many others lol) I just always thought it would be all teenage drama kiddy bopper stuff you know. Probably because it's shelved as "children" in many stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know book 3 is going to be even better :D Meyer is a genius. I think you are right. There are hardly YA books (especially English) in the regular stores here, so that might be a reason I didn't discover it.

      Delete
  18. Fun survey!
    Glad you loved Cinder. I just think those books are such clever retellings!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  19. I STILL haven't read Cinder! I really need to get around to it soon.
    I really want to read Scarlet by A.C Gaughen, I've seen it around on amazon but I just haven't bought a copy yet.
    Wow. You have A LOT of bookcases (and books!).
    I don't really mind whether I have hardbacks and paperbacks of a series. My first 4 Harry Potter books are paperbacks and then I have 5-7 in hardback.
    I loved Level 2! I hope you enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go change that!
      I really want a copy from Scarlet myself.
      Haha, yes, and I'm so happy with them all <3

      Delete
  20. I keep seeing Scarlet as best sequel. Have to read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My whole life is made up of important reading moments too. Discovering Goodreads is a huge one for me. As is reading Harry Potter for the first time. And I love that you're a Juliet Marillier fangirl! I am starting her books very soon and can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha, STILL Harry Potter. Yup, me too. And I love that you are an unapologetic fangirl for Juliet Marillier! I will read her work someday - yes, I will!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gah, I am loving reading my favorite blogger's answers to this! I simply *HAVE* to whip up some answers for this one and post my own :D Anyways, of course I 'yay'-ed for all the HP references ♥ and a big YES to Cinder though I still need to read Scarlet! I'm actually reading ToG right now,for the first time ever :D I'm really digging Chaol too ;) And Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen is on my TBR shelf and wishlist, I've heard MANY great things about it! Well your answers got me all excited cause it looks like I have some epic reading on the way :) Great answers ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I would love to read your replies :)

      Delete
  24. I cannot stop saying how much I love this survey! It's so great and I really enjoy reading the different answers everyone gives.
    I love that quote you chose- Tiger Lily is such an incredible, beautiful book and that is certainly one of the most beautiful quotes from it. Grand choice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm currently working on my post for this survey and I think Scarlet may be my pick for sequel as well-I'd read a lot of disappointing second books but Scarlet is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! I'm not surprised that many bloggers picked Scarlet :)

      Delete
  26. Great! I want a bookshelf wall too! I have a tiny room though so my own place will definitely have that!
    I love my Kindle as well because it's practical, but I prefer paper books still.
    And I could never have the same series in both HB and PB! :O It totally pisses me off when the covers or sizes don't match like with Across the Universe, Inheritance series and ASoIaF for me. :X
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm very easy now when it comes to HB and PB. I buy the bargains whenever I find them.

      Delete
  27. Juliet Marillier!!! I can't believe I left her out of unapologetic fangirl, in fact I've gone back and added her! Great answers and I especially loved your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Scarlet sounds really good- I'll have to give it a try! I think everybody's still reeling from the end of Harry Potter (and probably will be for many, many more years).

    Sara at The Page Sage

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible.